WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
You can already do that. Open Network Stream lets you save any URL you like. The UPnP API lets you control the WiiM remotely, in a very standardized way.
Oh, cool! And can one also invoke Wiim's native multiroom capability programmatically? I don't have a Wiim yet -- waiting on the Pro -- so would I be correct in assuming that multiroom includes time-synching the output, much as Chromecast groups do?

ETA: Looks like much of the integration work has been done! With the Pro so close, resisting the temptation to get a Mini or two just to mess about.

Last edited:
The image of the Pro unit in the referenced Amazon link does NOT show the handheld remote control, and the description does NOT list the remote control as an included accessory. Is the handheld remote control no longer a part of the package? How do I get the newly designed handheld remote control when the Pro is made available?
The remote was marketed as a separate optional accessory only, so I’m sure it will get its own separate listing. I never saw where it would be included in the Pro package. And the remote will work with either the Mini or Pro.

I am new and learing about streamers what will be the biggest benefit in the pro vs mini?

IMO chromecast support, ethernet and spdif aux out. Plus more powerful hardware.
Looking forward to all the above plus the optical input on the Pro. Plan to run my tv optical out into the Pro. Chromecast should work well (hopefully) with Roon until the Pro becomes Roon Ready.

I am new and learing about streamers what will be the biggest benefit in the pro vs mini?
On top of the WiiM Mini, we've added Ethernet, digital Coax out, and optical SPDIF input. It also features on-device smart buttons so you can play your favorite playlist or station directly from the device. WiiM Pro supports Google Chromecast with the bit-perfect output, AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect, DLNA, MQA (Beta), Amazon Music Cast, gapless playback of hi-res 192k/24-bit lossless audio and more.

Will WiiM PRO add these codec too ?

Hope and wish it should...:)

Nope
unfortunately deezer does not work from the beginning....
but a new API has been announced since mid-September...
wait and see

Will WiiM PRO add these codec too ?

Hope and wish it should...:)
Wouldn’t be surprised if they had to pay to licence that niche technology, so I’d say probably not

the thing does not seem easy on the side of the management of deezer given the situation...

It would certainly be honest to remove deezer from the list of available services and add it only when the result is good...
same for the pro...

the thing does not seem easy on the side of the management of deezer given the situation...

It would certainly be honest to remove deezer from the list of available services and add it only when the result is good...
same for the pro...
There are several posts in Deezer's support forum discussing how the service rather abruptly developed issues with Chromecast several months ago, a problem which has seemingly been ignored. This is in contrast to just about everyone else in the streaming industry who usually address service issues posthaste. One can only speculate, but it could indicate they don't have enough engineering support to keep things running, or they have substantial infrastructure capacity issues they don't have the CAPEX to fix. For consumers, it has to be concerning that they're appearing to be unresponsive to their customers.

I hope they can overcome their challenges: it is always good to have more competition in the marketplace, and more choice for consumers.

Back