WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
Any mailing list for updates on when this is released?
Im looking forward to the pro and would love to grab one as soon as its released.
Thanks for interest in getting the WiiM Pro as soon as it's released! We'll have a notification in the app and will have it posted on our website. We've been busily at work in the WiiM Pro development so we haven't been really focused on marketing, but we will at some point create an email list 🙂

Out of curiosity, would you like to receive email of updates/announcements or prefer to see it in the app that links to a page on our website?

I repeat the question, whether a parametric equalizer or acoustic correction of the room is planned.

What op-amp will be used in Wiim Pro? The same as in Mini or something better?

Last edited:
Here's the Amazon link we created for WiiM Pro on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W?ref=myi_title_dp

It's not available yet and we're still tweaking the listing, but wanted to give our WiiM Community a heads up! ;)
Will there be a similar link for other amazon regions like .co.uk, .fr, .de etc or will the WiiM Pro be available in those other regions thru third party resellers as the WiiM Mini was? Thanks

The voice Remote Control is no longer included? Will it be available separately?

Any update on status of the release date? With units entering the DVT stage of production any update on when the tester unit will be sent out for debugging?
Hoping production units will be available before Christmas to purchase.

Here's the Amazon link we created for WiiM Pro on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W?ref=myi_title_dp

It's not available yet and we're still tweaking the listing, but wanted to give our WiiM Community a heads up! ;)

I have asked several times in various threads including earlier in this one (post #36) but it seems to be a question nobody wants to answer.

Will the Pro be able to play Amazon Ultra HD to multiroom devices when it's released or will it be the same as the mini and you have to switch Ultra/HD off for each device in the group?

Apologies if it sounds like I'm "bleating on" but I have asked several times and not had any response, if you could please let us know it'd be greatly appreciated.

Any possibility to send WiiM PRO for review with Amir from Audio Science Review ?

He has already reviewed the Mini.

Hope and wish, if done, gets a good review from him which could be a great thing for the PRO

Any possibility to send WiiM PRO for review with Amir from Audio Science Review ?

He has already reviewed the Mini.

Hope and wish, if done, gets a good review from him which could be a great thing for the PRO
I'd wait till it has Roon Ready status tbh otherwise it'll fall at the first hurdle...

Looking forward to this, I think it will suit my needs perfectly. What Bluetooth codecs does it support?

Yes, despite being a mostly objective site, there is a rather silly, highly subjective, requirement at ASR that streamers must support Roon, despite its tiny user base.
Find the info there helpful but some forum members there can be a bit nasty to newcomers. Not recommending a device with no roon support was odd. Most people don’t even know what roon is or that it exists.
I started a thread over on head fi if you hang there stop by and say hi my screen name is Ufanco. Think the thread will be much more active once the Pro is released.

Especialy if last roon version requires all time internet connection ..

The image of the Pro unit in the referenced Amazon link does NOT show the handheld remote control, and the description does NOT list the remote control as an included accessory. Is the handheld remote control no longer a part of the package? How do I get the newly designed handheld remote control when the Pro is made available?

If the Pro has the sufficient processing power and control firmware, it would be extremely useful to have your app instruct the device to pull streamed music directly from an Internet location (e.g., Internet radio station) via IP/URL/port, and output via digital or analog, supporting multiroom, etc. Even better would be to provide an API that would enable an automation (e.g., through Home Assistant) to send such instructions to the device.

There are many, many media sources that are not available through TuneIn, VRadio, Pocket Cast, etc., and are not Google Cast-capable.

If the Pro has the sufficient processing power and control firmware, it would be extremely useful to have your app instruct the device to pull streamed music directly from an Internet location (e.g., Internet radio station) via IP/URL/port, and output via digital or analog, supporting multiroom, etc. Even better would be to provide an API that would enable an automation (e.g., through Home Assistant) to send such instructions to the device.

There are many, many media sources that are not available through TuneIn, VRadio, Pocket Cast, etc., and are not Google Cast-capable.
You can already do that. Open Network Stream lets you save any URL you like. The UPnP API lets you control the WiiM remotely, in a very standardized way.

Back