WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
Anyway, I thought that the upcoming Amp would a pure amp as the companion for the Ultra.
There is no shortage of amplifier solutions ;-)
(we will also have to see if they take more care of the digital outputs at "ultra"..because they will clearly continue to be used like this)

Last edited:
It’s 69 dollars more than regular and power out still same as previous. I would rather see upgrade to 120 watt on 8 ohms.
See this comment for the differences

Hi Team,

The key differences between the Amp and Amp Pro include an upgraded DAC, PFFB support, the latest Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 technologies, and Dolby Audio support. Thank you!
Hi, @WiiM Support

How does the WiiM amp pro play Dolby Audio in 2.1ch? Need Wi-Fi speakers?

Or is it only Ultra that implements Dolby Audio? 🤔

Edit;
Is the WiiM amp pro 4.1ch?
--------------
What remains the same on the Pro are amplification power (60 watts per channel at 8 ohms, or 120 watts per channel at 4 ohms) for either two or four speakers, and all of the streaming features listed above for the Ultra.
--------------

Last edited:
if they announce "3rd quarter" there is still time to perhaps technically rework these products... then see a rather early announcement... I think...

a simple question..is the ultra functional or just a technical-marketing sheet?

let's wait "fender" to be able to kindly harass him with questions...hihi
,-)

Hi, @WiiM Support

How does the WiiM amp pro play Dolby Audio in 2.1ch? Need Wi-Fi speakers?

Or is it only Ultra that implements Dolby Audio? 🤔
Both products support Dolby Audio and will downmix 5.1 audio to 2.1 when using a single device. We are developing a feature to output satellite channels to separate speakers, effectively creating a 4.1 system when the devices are grouped together.

Back