Windows WDM Driver

Ken Tajalli

A piece of software that installs a WDM driver on a Windows computer, that creates a virtual sound device, that would route its output to Wiim.
Say, Amazon or any other streaming app, even any media player, could use this virtual sound device as though it is a sound card, but the output would go to Wiim.
This would solve a lot of issues.

A piece of software that installs a WDM driver on a Windows computer, that creates a virtual sound device, that would route its output to Wiim.
Say, Amazon or any other streaming app, even any media player, could use this virtual sound device as though it is a sound card, but the output would go to Wiim.
This would solve a lot of issues.
Hi Ken,

you can try to use this:

Another way for local music/music from nas would be foobar with UPnP-Plug-Inn

Hi Ken,

you can try to use this:

Another way for local music/music from nas would be foobar with UPnP-Plug-Inn
Thank you.
Unfortunately, the SWYH is just a capture device (not bit-perfect), worse still, it does not even see Wiim! so it is a no-go, to start with.
My jriver on Windows, can stream flawlessly and in bit-perfect to Wiim mini, so can my Neutron on my Android phone.
Now, jriver does have a WDM driver, but using its WDM driver and streaming to Wiim together, causes jriver to crash.
jriver WDM sound device works perfectly with any DAC connected directly to it, but stream it, it does not work.
Hence, if there was a WASAPI or ASIO enabled virtual sound device that could stream to wiim, would really come handy.

Thank you.
Unfortunately, the SWYH is just a capture device (not bit-perfect), worse still, it does not even see Wiim! so it is a no-go, to start with.
My jriver on Windows, can stream flawlessly and in bit-perfect to Wiim mini, so can my Neutron on my Android phone.
Now, jriver does have a WDM driver, but using its WDM driver and streaming to Wiim together, causes jriver to crash.
jriver WDM sound device works perfectly with any DAC connected directly to it, but stream it, it does not work.
Hence, if there was a WASAPI or ASIO enabled virtual sound device that could stream to wiim, would really come handy.
It is bit perfect if you tell it to stream PCM rather than mp3 and it announces itself on a playable URL that you can “Ooen Network Stream” on WiiM. RTFM

I doubt that that would give you bit perfect Amazon Music HD as the Amazon Music app on Windows isn’t bit perfect. If you want bit perfect Amazon Music from a PC, install the Android Amazon music app under the Windows subsystem for Android and use Alexacast from that to a WiiM device.
As for jRiver, unless things have changed, their WDM driver can’t do it either. https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/streaming-solutions-for-amazon-music-hd.882304/

Last edited:
The real answer is don’t bother to try surely.

If the real question is how to control a WiiM from a PC then that’s an entirely different kettle of poisons.

Back