WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements

Hi Canard,

1. With the updated WiiM Home App, you now have the flexibility to select and set up to six different filter types for Pro Plus.

2. In regards to the Parametric Equalizer (PEQ), we are currently supporting four bands. However, we understand that our users may have diverse needs and preferences. Therefore, we are committed to continuously improving this feature based on the valuable feedback we receive from users like you. If there is a demand for more bands, we are fully prepared to incorporate this into future firmware updates.

Thank you!
of course there is a big expectation for more bands...
;-)
ps
to move things forward,
try mesureaments thd vs frequency with all differents filters from akm... ;-)

Hi Canard,

1. With the updated WiiM Home App, you now have the flexibility to select and set up to six different filter types for Pro Plus.

2. In regards to the Parametric Equalizer (PEQ), we are currently supporting four bands. However, we understand that our users may have diverse needs and preferences. Therefore, we are committed to continuously improving this feature based on the valuable feedback we receive from users like you. If there is a demand for more bands, we are fully prepared to incorporate this into future firmware updates.

Thank you!
I want to add left-right independent PEQ in the future. I think many users of PEQ need to make different adjustments for each channel.

Thank you!

As soon I read that part, I had the same question. Wiim pro plus is already available on Amazon so it’s a question need to be answered.
They’ve already answered (see comment #16) that it’s a hardware change that won’t be available until the second production batch of Pro Plus devices. It’s also been mentioned by @onlyoneme that the impact will likely be inaudible to the majority of users ( see comment #18) so it’s really not a big thing (and please resist the temptation to make it so ;) ). The fact that WiiM publicised this is arguably more of a big thing as it displays their honesty with their customer base to make improvements to their hardware whenever issues like this are identified and can be resolved, no matter how :)

Last edited:
They’ve already answered (see comment #16) that it’s a hardware change that won’t be available until the second production batch of Pro Plus devices. It’s also been mentioned by @onlyoneme that the impact will likely be inaudible to the majority of users ( see comment #18) so it’s really not a big thing (and please resist the temptation to make it so ;) ). The fact that WiiM publicised this is arguably more of a big thing as it displays their honesty with their customer base to make improvements to their hardware whenever issues like this are identified and can be resolved, no matter how :)
Better hold off until the revision. I’m sure it may not be audible but for ardent die hard audiophile who seek excellent measurement will wait.

Better hold off until the revision. I’m sure it may not be audible but for ardent die hard audiophile who seek excellent measurement will wait.
I’d obviously disagree about holding off.

Sort of defeats the point why most of us buy audio gear though, doesn’t it? If all the “ardent die hard audiophile” wants to do is “seek excellent measurement“, then once they’ve done that, does the gear just sit on a shelf till they get the next thing to measure? ;)

Sort of defeats the point why most of us buy audio gear though, doesn’t it? If all the “ardent die hard audiophile” wants to do is “seek excellent measurement“, then once they’ve done that, does the gear just sit on a shelf till they get the next thing to measure? ;)
My point entirely. I want to play music and I want it to sound good.

I've never seen audiophiles looking for measurements... They only want ultra-low-noise-LPSes and ultra-precise-femto-clocks.

And to paraphrase the words of the U2 song, they still haven’t found what they’re looking for… 🤣
It's about stopping the jitter disease from spreading over all those extremely expensive cables before it reaches the extremely expensive tube amp and destroys lovely harmonic distortions.
But never ever try to measure it. Can you measure a taste of the burger?

I’ve just read the ASR review. No mention of the WHA which I still believe leaves a lot to be desired.
I think the hardware is there, the firmware on said hardware is getting there but the app…

Back