Beta Test: TIDAL Hi-Res (i.e. Max)

I have upgraded and I am testing now. If I search and play a high res album on the WiiM app, it plays the 16/44 version. But if I search and play through Tidal app into WiiM, it plays the 24/192 version, and I open the WiiM app and it even shows 24/192 alright. So I don't know why I cannot search and play the 24/192 version through WiiM app.

Album is Anna Fedorova - Storyteller.

I have upgraded and I am testing now. If I search and play a high res album on the WiiM app, it plays the 16/44 version. But if I search and play through Tidal app into WiiM, it plays the 24/192 version, and I open the WiiM Amp and it even show 24/192. So I don't know why I cannot search and play the 24/192 version through WiiM app.

Album is Anna Fedorova - Storyteller.
Because the firmware release states that the update is to provide FLAC support using Tidal Connect, not Tidal through the WiiM app. That should hopefully come in the next few weeks as WiiM have previously stated.

Prior to the update, mqa dac works well no problem everything match dac display on wiim app. Well, this new update with same setting mqa stays 16/44. Ticket submitted.

Does anyone with mqa dac works ok? Many of tidal music still on mqa and it’s not bit perfect prior to update under mqa. If set no mqa on wiim app the app shows 96khz but dac display shows 44.

If I understand the whole thing correct, what can of course be wrong, all this nonsense-bs-MQA will stay nonsense-bs-MQA and will not bewitched to "lossless FLAC". It was born under the MQA star and it will die there. And I can not recognize other in Tidal or WiiMs statements.

you need to cancel the decoding or MQA, and try to stream with Tidal Connect (not from the WiiM Home application).
try - Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, you will get 24bit / 192khz.
for some reason, the WiiM Home is not ready to play HiRes FLAC from its user interface, but only with Tidal Application using Tidal-Connect.

you need to cancel the decoding or MQA, and try to stream with Tidal Connect (not from the WiiM Home application).
for some reason, the WiiM Home is not ready to play HiRes FLAC from its user interface, but only with Tidal Application using Tidal-Connect.
The reason why the Wiim home app can’t play hi res flac yet is rather simple - the firmware for that hasn’t yet been released but hopefully will be in the coming weeks as previously stated by Wiim. The same happened for the first MQA unfold - it arrived in stages too.

And it depends. There are still two versions of TDSOTM on Tidal.
The 50th anniversary is REAL FLAC, or what they name so, and is via Tidal Connect 192/24.
The 2011 Remastered is MQA and one will get with every gear up to 96/24 at best.
Tried that a few days after release of the Beta.

Edited and added: Not that there is any audible difference. But a lot of people seem to be obsessed and look more on this nonsense high digits on their DACs instead of simply listening to music 😉

Last edited:
Is Pink Floyd mqa? I’m using tidal connect.

On TIDAL site… HiRes FLAC is not currently supported by TIDAL Connect. Support will be added soon, in 2023

On TIDAL site… HiRes FLAC is not currently supported by TIDAL Connect. Support will be added soon, in 2023
Outdated site, flac on new update tidal connect works fine but the mqa file has the issue.

Anyone have some information regarding the WiiM Home application that will support the playing of HiRes Flac from tidal? Because currently it supports only using tidal connect from the Tidal Application to the WiiM …

Anyone have some information regarding the WiiM Home application that will support the playing of HiRes Flac from tidal? Because currently it supports only using tidal connect from the Tidal Application to the WiiM …
Forgive me, I'm just curious. Why use WiiM app for Tidal, when Tidal connect already offers more features? I was thinking that WiiM app is useful for those services, like Qobuz or Deezer, still ignore that a "connect" like feature, would push many more to suscribe.

Forgive me, I'm just curious. Why use WiiM app for Tidal, when Tidal connect already offers more features? I was thinking that WiiM app is useful for those services, like Qobuz or Deezer, still ignore that a "connect" like feature, would push many more to suscribe.
Because WiiM Home has a great user interface, and also a great centralized app for all my music services (I have Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music…)
and I enjoy using it sometimes more than the official music services’ apps

Back