My WiiM Amp tests, chapter 2

One gets what he has paid for. Add the risk to be among the first buying an absolutely new developed device from a company in progress. And developing and building a feature rich streaming amp from scratch for extreme small money is new for them.
The fact that f.e. in Germany the amp is nowhere available, (even not from Amazon and the "official WiiM Store") and a well respected hifi and high end store writes "available end of March" can be seen (euphemistic) as sign of overwhelming great success or (not so euphemistic) as mismanagement, either in production or in calculation or in simply bad quality.

One gets what he has paid for. Add the risk to be among the first buying an absolutely new developed device from a company in progress. And developing and building a feature rich streaming amp from scratch for extreme small money is new for them.
The fact that f.e. in Germany the amp is nowhere available, (even not from Amazon and the "official WiiM Store") and a well respected hifi and high end store writes "available end of March" can be seen (euphemistic) as sign of overwhelming great success or (not so euphemistic) as mismanagement, either in production or in calculation or in simply bad quality.
except to have flooded the chinoix market..the absence, the difficulties, on the largest supplier for this type of product, and which was on the previous wiim products which is amazon (see the doneravant powerful French site on this type of products audiophonics which now announces mid February) and this since mid December etc, answers your question, in any case will not be the first case that you point out... " great succes"...
wiim can learn a lot for the future, upstream and downstream..
but had already had an alert with the "plus" pro...

Last edited:
and does it really correspond to left and right?
and in the first?
(vs loudspeakers)
;-)
A very few users may not realise that this change is to assist customers who are leaning over the amp from the front, rather than facing it from the rear.

Aren't you guys aware the shipping issues in Suaez Canal?

Aren't you guys aware the shipping issues in Suaez Canal?
Only for Linkplay? Really? All the other cheap chinois stuff is available in every wanted quantity. Be sure, the problems are others!
And due to recent container prices much more is sent via airfreight.

Yes, consumer electronic is mostly shipped by airfreight or truck.
Beside that, why are the only delivery issues for the Amp? All the other WiiMs are on stock everywhere. At least in Germany.

I think Wiim is still a young company, and probably smaller than its competition.
This product is also their first integrated amp, and fifth product in total.
So holding them up to the same standards as companies that have been in business for decades, have 10 times the workforce and sell products with an equivalent set of features for 2 or 3 times the asking price is a bit absurd, in my opinion.
Yes, the fact that early adopters are de facto beta testers is irritating. But Wiim is hardy the only company doing this nowadays. And at least they play fair and offer replacements without arguing.
If you don't like it, you always have the options of waiting a couple of months, or shopping somewhere else and pay the price asked by longer established brands.

I think Wiim is still a young company, and probably smaller than its competition.
This product is also their first integrated amp, and fifth product in total.
So holding them up to the same standards as companies that have been in business for decades, have 10 times the workforce and sell products with an equivalent set of features for 2 or 3 times the asking price is a bit absurd, in my opinion.
Yes, the fact that early adopters are de facto beta testers is irritating. But Wiim is hardy the only company doing this nowadays. And at least they play fair and offer replacements without arguing.
If you don't like it, you always have the options of waiting a couple of months, or shopping somewhere else and pay the price asked by longer established brands.
Their strong skills in comparison to other was their software. They turn mini from it was released to feature sets streamer. Other has top notch hardware but lack in software so they can’t turn top range hardware into monumental power house.

Hi Team,

I've been closely following the discussions here and would like to address some of the concerns raised about our products, particularly our latest WiiM Amp.

Firstly, I want to express our sincere gratitude for the support and feedback from our early adopters. Your trust in choosing WiiM is something we deeply value. It's crucial to clarify that we do not treat our early adopters as beta testers. Our commitment is to deliver a product that meets high standards from day one. The humming noise issue reported by a minimal number of users has been identified as a quality control variation, which we are diligently working to rectify. This is not a widespread problem, and our team is dedicated to resolving any such issues promptly and efficiently.

Regarding our production and supply chain, the overwhelming demand for our products has indeed surpassed our initial expectations. This is a testament to the growing interest in high-quality, feature-rich streaming amplifiers at an accessible price point. We are actively working to scale our production capabilities to meet this demand and ensure availability across all channels, including in Germany and other markets.

It's true, WiiM is a relatively young company compared to some industry giants. Our team size and years in the market might not match those of established brands, but our passion, innovation, and dedication to bringing cutting-edge connected audio technology at an affordable price are unwavering. We see this as an opportunity to be nimble, responsive, and innovative – qualities that larger companies often struggle to maintain.

We understand that with any new product, especially from a growing company, there can be apprehensions. We encourage those who prefer to wait and see to do so. Our goal is not just to sell a product but to build a community of satisfied customers who feel they've made the right choice with WiiM.

To our early adopters and to those considering WiiM, know that we are here, listening, and constantly improving. Your feedback drives us, and your satisfaction is our top priority. Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Hi Team,

I've been closely following the discussions here and would like to address some of the concerns raised about our products, particularly our latest WiiM Amp.

Firstly, I want to express our sincere gratitude for the support and feedback from our early adopters. Your trust in choosing WiiM is something we deeply value. It's crucial to clarify that we do not treat our early adopters as beta testers. Our commitment is to deliver a product that meets high standards from day one. The humming noise issue reported by a minimal number of users has been identified as a quality control variation, which we are diligently working to rectify. This is not a widespread problem, and our team is dedicated to resolving any such issues promptly and efficiently.

Regarding our production and supply chain, the overwhelming demand for our products has indeed surpassed our initial expectations. This is a testament to the growing interest in high-quality, feature-rich streaming amplifiers at an accessible price point. We are actively working to scale our production capabilities to meet this demand and ensure availability across all channels, including in Germany and other markets.

It's true, WiiM is a relatively young company compared to some industry giants. Our team size and years in the market might not match those of established brands, but our passion, innovation, and dedication to bringing cutting-edge connected audio technology at an affordable price are unwavering. We see this as an opportunity to be nimble, responsive, and innovative – qualities that larger companies often struggle to maintain.

We understand that with any new product, especially from a growing company, there can be apprehensions. We encourage those who prefer to wait and see to do so. Our goal is not just to sell a product but to build a community of satisfied customers who feel they've made the right choice with WiiM.

To our early adopters and to those considering WiiM, know that we are here, listening, and constantly improving. Your feedback drives us, and your satisfaction is our top priority. Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Sorry, WiiM, this is pure marketing speech as one can read every day for so much products.
The Amp simply wasn't ready to launch it. This happens not only to you, but that does not make it better.

You win by transparent talk.
Esp in case of problems, and sitting on a Saturday and answering makes me convinced that there is a will, and love for the product by Wiim.

Yes, it might have gone a little wrong in the beginning. But it is adversity that makes you strong.
If you are skeptical about the product, you can go for well-proven units.
There are plenty of products on the market, often with a completely different price tag. For me, I was driven by curiosity for something new.

I believe in you, and you are well on your way. Thanks Wiim team.

Sorry, WiiM, this is pure marketing speech as one can read every day for so much products.
The Amp simply wasn't ready to launch it. This happens not only to you, but that does not make it better.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about this. The product for me has been outstanding and to have a company available to listen to input and provide support this readily is much better than most these days.
So, they made a great product and sold out quickly doesn't mean the product wasn't ready for launch.

That's my perception of the product and support provided. May not be the same for everyone.

I remember that I said to @Brantome that the Amp is a premature product. That was after my first tests and measurements when we were not yet allowed to publish anything. I will stay with this conclusion especially now, when I'm in the middle of testing an improved version, which is IMO the one which should have been released instead.

Of course this is my perspective related to my role here - test and measure.

Last edited:
Ver 5 is the one that really ready for prime time. Wiim Ultra will be out soon. I will check your measurements on that before placing an order. Thank you for your effort and all the users on this forum benefits on your measurements.

As of todays, users getting their wiim amp are now ver 5? Mine is ver 2 and hum was audible so I have time to exchange it. I hope I get the latest.

Hi Achim1811,

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I understand your concerns about what might seem like 'marketing speech,' and I appreciate your honesty. It's important to us at WiiM that we communicate transparently and authentically with our community.

Regarding the readiness of our Amp, I assure you that every decision we make about product launches is carefully considered. While we strive for perfection, the complexities of technology development sometimes lead to unexpected challenges, a reality many companies face. Our priority has always been, and will continue to be, to deliver high-quality products and to address any issues swiftly and effectively.

I hope this provides some clarity on our approach and commitment. We value your feedback as it helps us grow and improve.

So in a nutshell my first batch Amp will sound less good and I should return it
for a new WiiM batch model ?

Last edited:
In a nutshell it's up to you to decide. It might happen that you would say that an old amp sounds better than a new one.

Back