Integrating Music Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, we'd like to see what music services you want integrated into our WiiM Home app.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two, please post which ones you'd like to see and please vote up the ones you want. We are curious about what our community wants, and we'll see what we can do!

--
2/13/24 - We closed this thread and want to move the conversation to this thread where there is a poll. https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/integrating-music-services-poll.2816/

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Remote Access is indeed off.
PlexAmp seemingly doesn’t need it.
With Remote Access disabled I'm unable to access my library from within Plexamp, even though when I do enable it I'm presented with the message "Not available outside your network", presumably because it can't connect directly due to CGNAT.
To verify the above I've been toggling it on and off and Plexamp responds accordingly, so I'm not sure how you're connecting with it Off.

I didn't realise but the rpi Plex endpoint requires a Plex Pass (detailed in the download section of Plexamp). If/when this gets baked into WiiM will it require one too? So whilst you have the full functionality of Plexamp on your LAN and can cast to chromecast for free, you won't be able to with the WiiM?

WiiM really need to explain the integration they're developing with Plex.

With Remote Access disabled I'm unable to access my library from within Plexamp, even though when I do enable it I'm presented with the message "Not available outside your network", presumably because it can't connect directly due to CGNAT.
To verify the above I've been toggling it on and off and Plexamp responds accordingly, so I'm not sure how you're connecting with it Off.

I didn't realise but the rpi Plex endpoint requires a Plex Pass (detailed in the download section of Plexamp). If/when this gets baked into WiiM will it require one too? So whilst you have the full functionality of Plexamp on your LAN and can cast to chromecast for free, you won't be able to with the WiiM?

WiiM really need to explain the integration they're developing with Plex.
Stupidity. I have 2 Plex servers running at present. I looked at the wrong one last night. Remote Access is enabled after all but like you it says not available outside your network.

Tidal covers most of what I need but it would really nice to get Idagio running through my Pro. Fingers crossed for the future.....keep up the good work.

+1 for Plexamp, nice looking and very well working media player. Please include the basic version and then each of us will insert it's Plex account

Less a music service, but a good organisation of the internet radio, where interesting broadcasting conglomerates could be set, like all SomaFM channels for example, etc.

A Shoutcast browser.

Import and export of different playlist formats (m3u, xpls, etc.) to populate this radio browser.

Generically an internet radio "device", that does not rely on an "man in the middle".

Last edited:
I don’t know where WiiM gets its selection from, but if you choose “Open Network Stream” on the WiiM Home app Browse screen, you can enter this URL to access BBC Radio Surrey

I too find the BBC Local Radio selection under Browse very odd and incomplete. As you were able to supply the URL for BBC Radio Surrey, I don't suppose you also have the URL for BBC Essex?

I too find the BBC Local Radio selection under Browse very odd and incomplete. As you were able to supply the URL for BBC Radio Surrey, I don't suppose you also have the URL for BBC Essex?
See the list referred to in this post - as they all have a common format, it looks like you just need to replace ‘surrey’ by ‘essex’ each time in the url you quote

Post in thread 'BBC Radio HLS streams'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/bbc-radio-hls-streams.1870/post-28203

BBC sounds please! Best service for finding new (ad free) music from just about every genre!)

Would love to see full Roon integration.
Also, couldn't find BBC Radio 1xtra under the BBC list. Had to find a url stream and add it that way.

Would love to see full Roon integration.
Also, couldn't find BBC Radio 1xtra under the BBC list. Had to find a url stream and add it that way
Full integration is available for the WiiM Pro and Pro Plus, and the WiiM Amp has been submitted to Roon for certification. Which model did you have in mind?

The BBC section in the WiiM Home app has to cater for a global audience, so some stations may not be available outside the UK. There are also bitrate constraints on non UK use. I guess what's in the WiiM app is the lowest common denominator. Plus, you can always use the full range of features in the BBC Sounds app and airplay or chromecast to your WiiM device as appropriate.

Full integration is available for the WiiM Pro and Pro Plus, and the WiiM Amp has been submitted to Roon for certification. Which model did you have in mind?

The BBC section in the WiiM Home app has to cater for a global audience, so some stations may not be available outside the UK. There are also bitrate constraints on non UK use. I guess what's in the WiiM app is the lowest common denominator. Plus, you can always use the full range of features in the BBC Sounds app and airplay or chromecast to your WiiM device as appropriate.
It's the wiim amp that I have so hopefully Roon certification will come soon.
Using the BBC stream url seems to work fine, so not too bothered.
Only just got the Amp and am extremely impressed and pleased with it for the money.

It's the wiim amp that I have so hopefully Roon certification will come soon.
It might well take a few months before the Amp is Roon certified as it seems to be quite a rigorous process and Roon can only test so many devices at the one time, but I’m pretty sure it will come.

The BBC section in the WiiM Home app has to cater for a global audience, so some stations may not be available outside the UK. There are also bitrate constraints on non UK use. I guess what's in the WiiM app is the lowest common denominator. Plus, you can always use the full range of features in the BBC Sounds app and airplay or chromecast to your WiiM device as apappropriate.
In my experience the best BBC Sounds app is the plugin for Logitech Media Server (LMS) for Squeezebox players which I have installed on a Raspberry Pi using the piCorePlayer software. You can also install LMS on a Windows machine, Apple Mac/ Macbook or Linux. The WiiM Pro can act as a player so I use the LMS BBC plugin to select the program and play through the WiiM

Amazon Music HD Ultra
WiiM devices have had support for Amazon Music Unlimited for almost two years - that includes support for what they they call HD (16 bit) and UHD (24 bit) tracks, all the way up to 24/192. There’s not actually a service called Amazon Music HD Ultra, just Unlimited (leaving aside their Prime and free offerings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back