Room correction

indeed the answer is in the question...
;-)
I'm not too concerned but it's a very common problem...
which surprises me but it's a global subject that we can observe..
it's to point out ever more exact needs for functions concerning audio, without talking too much about the quality of these...

here at what resolution is this peq mode? etc... somes technicals informations?

there is a certain irony in having observed for months the requirement for "hd" 96k :thdg streaming 192k ", "mqa", "absolute bit perfect"...

to now put all that ""under the rug""...

;-)))

Last edited:
I care about room correction roughly 256,672 times more than about HD or bit perfect or Hi-res and 192 kbps. :)

Double that number regarding bankrupt MQA. 😄

I care about room correction roughly 256,672 times more than about HD or bit perfect or Hi-res and 192 kbps. :)

Double that number regarding bankrupt MQA. 😄
I'm not even talking about an auto correction mode which is quite a subject in itself..hihi...

just "simple" peq here... ;-)

I'm not even talking about an auto correction mode which is quite a subject in itself..hihi...

just "simple" peq here... ;-)
In that case I didn't catch the irony you're talking about. :)

This is about a WiiM Amp feature request. I haven't seen any for the stuff mentioned above. Have you?

Well, we finally get an answer after commenting that this topic became silent.

People who beta test, are they sworn to silence, or are they allowed to discuss, and post pics?

Search the forum for “beta testing” and you’ll find threads on PEQ, Airplay Casting and Squeezelite where testing of beta programmes was discussed

Search the forum for “beta testing” and you’ll find threads on PEQ, Airplay Casting and Squeezelite where testing of beta programmes was discussed

That’s smashing.

I suspect some people gave REW and/or HouseCurve. There’ll be comparisons, no doubt.

It’ll be nice just to get a look at how it works, etc.

Not a single one of my House Curve (paid version) experiments have been successful. Conditions always the same. Ipad connected to an UMIC-1 on a heavy tripod for photographers. At the same place. In same height and same distance. Absolute silence. Tests on WiiM Pro via Airplay. Not a single measurement was like the one before. And the deviations were definitively too significant. Not even near to same results. Have to say my room does not create big problems. So if ever I expected only little improvements. What I got was worse. Every try failed. To avoid errors with an eventually defective mic I borrowed another from a friend. Same results. No recommendation from here ;-)
Will try a DSP hardware solution after a little research.

I cannot say the same about Room Equalization Wizard and the UMIK-1. Results are very repeatable and have been helpful setting up my amp.

Does House Curve allow for measuring one channel at a time?

I cannot say the same about Room Equalization Wizard and the UMIK-1. Results are very repeatable and have been helpful setting up my amp.

Does House Curve allow for measuring one channel at a time?
For what they call "chirp" and "sweep" there is afaik a possibility. I do not have and do not want a subwoofer and because the manual says this option is mostly useful for such subwoofer setup I didn't even try it.

Not a single one of my House Curve (paid version) experiments have been successful. Conditions always the same. Ipad connected to an UMIC-1 on a heavy tripod for photographers. At the same place. In same height and same distance. Absolute silence. Tests on WiiM Pro via Airplay. Not a single measurement was like the one before. And the deviations were definitively too significant. Not even near to same results. Have to say my room does not create big problems. So if ever I expected only little improvements. What I got was worse. Every try failed. To avoid errors with an eventually defective mic I borrowed another from a friend. Same results. No recommendation from here ;-)
Will try a DSP hardware solution after a little research.
This forum is going to turn into the room correction complaint forum. For two speakers and stereo sound that will be a travesty.

Room correction - done the right way - can be a substantial improvement for 2 channel stereo. :)

Most useful for lower frequencies.

If REW, WiiM or HouseCurve says there’s a dip or peak at a particular frequency, it should be fairly easy to check if that sounds correct by comparing a few test tones.

Room correction - done the right way - can be a substantial improvement for 2 channel stereo. :)
In the meantime and after asking some professionals it seems my listening room is near perfect. Not planned, just coincidence ;-)
Anyway, I'll give miniDSP or something like that a chance. Eventually this is the way to make things even better. But with HC I'm done, no trust any more. And too much bad things about read the last days. Where is smoke there is fire ;-)

In the meantime and after asking some professionals it seems my listening room is near perfect. Not planned, just coincidence ;-)
Anyway, I'll give miniDSP or something like that a chance. Eventually this is the way to make things even better. But with HC I'm done, no trust any more. And too much bad things about read the last days. Where is smoke there is fire ;-)
if there is not much need... you might as well avoid...

Back