Room correction

Better still a crossover, so that these can be set together accurately (above 80hz on one and above 80hz on the other isn’t correct, due to the roll off in each), but I appreciate that’s not going to happen.
This is what's available already. A setting of say 80 Hz doesn't mean "everything above that" for the high-pass and "everything below that" for the low-pass. It specifies the crossover point. Depending on filter type and/or slope this means either -3 dB or -6 dB (for all relevant filters).

Thus the summed output of mains and subwoofer will be flat (if their frequency range is flat otherwise in that area and room resonances don't affect this frequency).

I believe the current setting to be absolutely adequate in most all cases. What is missing though is a means of adding delay to either mains or sub. This could be done using distance values or direct numerical input of delay in ms or by means of a virtual phase knob.

The current toggle switch should rather be called polarity, not phase. Unfortunately most sub makers are using this same terminology.

Last edited:
This is what's available already. A setting of say 80 Hz doesn't mean "everything above that" for the high-pass and "everything below that" for the low-pass. It specifies the crossover point. Depending on filter type and/or slope this means either -3 dB or -6 dB (for all relevant filters).

Thus the summed output of mains and subwoofer will be flat (if their frequency range is flat otherwise in that area and room resonances don't affect this frequency).

I believe the current setting to beabsolutely adequate in most all cases. What is missing though is a means of adding delay to either mains or sub. This could be done using distance values or direct dinput of delay or by means of a virtual phase knob.

The current toggle switch should rather be called polarity, not phase. Unfortunately most sub makers are using this same terminology.

Apologies, things have become mixed, and maybe in the wrong forum area/thread.

I was talking about with the other streamers.

You’re absolutely right- the WiiM Amp is (should be) ready to do this already.

I have a small concern that ‘room correction’ is going to mean just frequency response + (in the Amp’s case) bass management, but won’t include delay for each speaker. This is especially true as, I suspect, the same room correction feature will roll out over all devices, meaning the possibilities of the Amp are held back by the limitations of all the other devices.

Yep, easy to get confused with so many feature requests and comments in so many different sub-forums, all concerning similar topics.

AVRs usually try to measure the distance to different speakers automatically, but the results are often mediocre, at best. Entering distance values from the MLP to the speakers looks like the most versatile option to me. It's easy enough to do for the average user and still gives full flexibility for those using their own measuring equipment anyway.

Last edited:
Just crazy idea)) To do a room correction using AI. We get the frequency response of the room with mic for WiiM, then the AI analyzes deviations of the room based on the resulting graph and suggests making changes to align the frequency response based on data with a flat frequency response. I mean, we simply show our room frequency response, and the AI adjusts the graph data based on a flat frequency response. You don't need any programs and an understanding of how to do it.🤖 Because I started to study this question, but everything is very confusing😆

Yep, easy to get confused with so many feature requests and comments in so many different sub-forums, all concerning similar topics.

AVRs usually try to measure the distance to different speakers automatically, but the results are often mediocre, at best. Entering distance values from the MLP to the speakers looks like the most versatile option to me. It's easy enough to do for the average user and still gives full flexibility for those using their own measuring equipment anyway.

My Onkyo AVR has never returned a satisfactory result. The center channel is low volume, and the sub is too much volume. I can't see why anyone needs it for stereo. Use your ears. You will probably end up using them anyways.

My Onkyo AVR has never returned a satisfactory result. The center channel is low volume, and the sub is too much volume. I can't see why anyone needs it for stereo. Use your ears. You will probably end up using them anyways.
My Lyngdorf amplifier pretty much always returns a satisfactory result. No center, perfect sub integration. I can't seen why anyone wouldn't want the same from the WiiM Amp at a fraction of the cost.

Room correction by ear is simply impossible. You can use the extensive tone controls to accommodate your taste, anyway. Just don't claim you "improved" in-room response by doing so.

I hope that WiiM allows the use of a Umik with their calibration software when it's available.

The Umik-1 (and Umik-2) are the most widely used in home audio calibration. There are certainly other options, but if you look around all the audio forums, from home theatre to hifi, people are using Umiks because they are not too expensive, come with calibration, and run with just a USB connection (no mic preamp or separate power).

If WiiM try to enable calibration using smartphone mics, they will likely run into the issues that Buchardt has encountered: too many different phones with too many different mics that are not well suited to measuring frequency sweeps accurately.

I hope that WiiM allows the use of a Umik with their calibration software when it's available.

The Umik-1 (and Umik-2) are the most widely used in home audio calibration. There are certainly other options, but if you look around all the audio forums, from home theatre to hifi, people are using Umiks because they are not too expensive, come with calibration, and run with just a USB connection (no mic preamp or separate power).

If WiiM try to enable calibration using smartphone mics, they will likely run into the issues that Buchardt has encountered: too many different phones with too many different mics that are not well suited to measuring frequency sweeps accurately.

HouseCurve is iPhone only, as they find that iPhones are consistent with their mics, so the can build in the typical inaccuracy from flat fq. They also allow for use with UMIK and others.

Hi Team,

Thank you for your continued patience regarding the development of the room correction feature and the 10-band Parametric Equalizer (PEQ). Our team is diligently working on these enhancements. We are excited to announce that we aim to release the Beta version in the upcoming two weeks. Please stay tuned!

Hi Team,

Thank you for your continued patience regarding the development of the room correction feature and the 10-band Parametric Equalizer (PEQ). Our team is diligently working on these enhancements. We are excited to announce that we aim to release the Beta version in the upcoming two weeks. Please stay tuned!
Do you mean 8 band PEQ as shown n your roadmap?

Hi Team,

TEN BAND!?

I hope that’s not a typo, the more the merrier.

And that’s smashing news, thanks for keeping us updated.

Peq with more band is needed for room correction to be more accurate. 10 band sounds good to my ear which they only stated 8 on their roadmap.

Why you need separate on left and right unless you put your speakers on unusual setup?
Because few people have a "usual setup". ;)

Real world rooms feature annoyances like windows, doors, asymmetrical shapes, coffee tables and curtains arranged by the wife (not the HiFi dealer).

Back