Just Delivered Amp - Ethernet Port Faulty

OK what I've done so far:
  1. Lost my s**t
  2. Submitted a ticket as I thought it was second hand (BED2 sounding like Bedroom 2 rather than hex - doh)
  3. I've checked the cable with my tester all pins connected straight through (it was previously used by a Sonos Amp)
  4. Checked the ethernet switch port with another device - it's fine
  5. Full reset on the unit by pressing and holding the control button until I got the voice confirmation.
  6. Lost my s**t a second time when Amazon sends me around in a webpage loop saying it's unreturnable? It's DOA and they won't take it back!
  7. Finally spoke to Amazon by phone and lost my s**t a third time (you would think that by the age of 53 I'd calm down to protect my health but the toys still get thrown out of the pram)
I still lose my shit and I've had a decade longer to learn better.
I feel your pain.

Well it's all backfired. After getting Amazon UK credit I go to order a replacement and they're unavailable. Richer Sounds don't have them until April so that's not much use either. Sonos has been completely decommissioned so I guess I'll just have to ask my wife to sing for me....
Hi John,

Please check this listing. We have the Amp back in stock https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CGCLXH4H?ref=myi_losg_title_dp

Best,
WiiM Team

Back in stock on Amazon uk, get it tomorrow if you order in the next two hours…

Edit: snap ;)
Amazon are boiling my p**s. It says next day delivery, until it's in your basket then when you go to checkout it changes to 'dispatched from Amazon Europe, we'll e mail you when we have an estimate of delivery'. That's completely hopeless as you have to be present with the delivery passcode. The saga continues.....

Amazon are boiling my p**s. It says next day delivery, until it's in your basket then when you go to checkout it changes to 'dispatched from Amazon Europe, we'll e mail you when we have an estimate of delivery'. That's completely hopeless as you have to be present with the delivery passcode. The saga continues.....
While it still says next day Prime delivery into the bargain. If you can manage not to burst a blood vessel, I’d contact Amazon to see what’s going on.

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team - can you guys check the status of ordering on Amazon uk please? It’s at best inconsistent in what it’s saying re availability and delivery.

Who's the seller? If WiiM tell you there's new stock and WiiM is named as the seller I would just trust them.

While it still says next day Prime delivery into the bargain. If you can manage not to burst a blood vessel, I’d contact Amazon to see what’s going on.

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team - can you guys check the status of ordering on Amazon uk please? It’s at best inconsistent in what it’s saying re availability and delivery.
What it does is:
  1. Says next day delivery if ordered within 2h 50m
  2. You add to basket and it says 'can't deliver to that address' (my usual home delivery address)
  3. Reselect my address and it alters to say it'll be delivered from Europe. I voted Brexit - I demand it comes from the UK :ROFLMAO:
  4. It then alters to 'order now and we'll provide a delivery estimate'
Who's the seller? If WiiM tell you there's new stock and WiiM is named as the seller I would just trust them.
I do trust them (so long as they connected the LAN port on this one) but I have to be physically present with a code for delivery which cannot be guaranteed unless I know the day in advance.

I'll leave it a week or so until I see it can be delivered from a UK warehouse.

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21.26.23.png
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21.26.41.png

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21.25.37.png

Last edited:
“Dispatches from Amazon. Sold by Linkplay Technology Inc” and is the product page you’re taken too from the WiiM Store. I believe that WiiM/Linkplay do have some control over their store so hopefully it’s just a setting to change or for such a change to filter thru.

I do trust them (so long as they connected the LAN port on this one) but I have to be physically present with a code for delivery which cannot be guaranteed unless I know the day in advance.
I never knew about this freaky "delivery passcode" until very recently until I received my WiiM Amp. It came in not handy at all as I had it sent to my 80+ year old parents because I knew I wasn't at home. 🤬 When did Amazon introduce this improvement?

However, at least here in Germany they also accept the least two digits of the phone number associated with the account used when ordering. Even non-techy people could probably answer this question, as long as just anyone is at home.

I never knew about this freaky "delivery passcode" until very recently until I received my WiiM Amp. It came in not handy at all as I had it sent to my 80+ year old parents because I knew I wasn't at home. 🤬 When did Amazon introduce this improvement?

However, at least here in Germany they also accept the least two digits of the phone number associated with the account used when ordering. Even non-techy people could probably answer this question, as long as just anyone is at home.
I think it’s to cut down on theft, perhaps by unscrupulous customers who claim an expensive item wasn’t delivered while it was, or by unscrupulous couriers who said it was delivered but kept the item themselves.

I think it’s to cut down on theft, perhaps by unscrupulous customers who claim an expensive item wasn’t delivered while it was, or by unscrupulous couriers who said it was delivered but kept the item themselves.
It all depends on the definition of "expensive", I suppose.

Back