Maurizio

Major Contributor
For pure chance i noticed this.
Situation :
Casting same album with same devices (Pro)>DAC>Ampli
Casting from Qobuz App via Chromecast
or
Casting Qobuz from Bubble
Well, if i cast from Qobuz App the volume is higher than casting from Bubble.
I would say 1 notch higher.
Someone noticed the same thing? How is it possible? Should not be the same? :unsure:

I find the high end more accentuated when using the WIIM home app instead of casting with Qobuz. It will become sibilant (No EQ applied)

I find the high end more accentuated when using the WIIM home app instead of casting with Qobuz. It will become sibilant (No EQ applied)
I agree. WHA with Qobuz is not great. I preferred Chromecast from the native Qobuz app sonically. LMS is my winning combination at the moment.

Ah I'm going qobuz to pro ccast.
I thought i could live with that while waiting for Qobuz connect. Then i got the feeling connect could be a longer wait. Based on some discussion in other threads here i tried LMS with upnpbridge and it's really good imo. With the imminent release of squeezelite firmware update for Wiim i think it's ideal. A repetitive spinal injury confined me to a chair so getting lms going was a nice distraction. I don't regret the effort

I thought i could live with that while waiting for Qobuz connect. Then i got the feeling connect could be a longer wait. Based on some discussion in other threads here i tried LMS with upnpbridge and it's really good imo. With the imminent release of squeezelite firmware update for Wiim i think it's ideal. A repetitive spinal injury confined me to a chair so getting lms going was a nice distraction. I don't regret the effort
Have you tried what I would consider to be all the must have plugins?

Namely
Material
Music & Artist Info
BBC Sounds
Radio Paradise
Radio Now Playing

Also consider
What Was That Tune
Playlist Manager

Have you tried what I would consider to be all the must have plugins?

Namely
Material
Music & Artist Info
BBC Sounds
Radio Paradise
Radio Now Playing

Also consider
What Was That Tune
Playlist Manager
Definitely yes the first 2. I don't radio so no to those. I've kept my own music library of some 3000 albums on a separate system for now..rpi4b moode

Definitely yes the first 2. I don't radio so no to those. I've kept my own music library of some 3000 albums on a separate system for now..rpi4b moode
I’ve never tried moode but I’ve read about it. Not sure it has anything that LMS doesn’t have.
Have you configured online music library integration and at least added some local files to get a feel for how that works?

I’ve never tried moode but I’ve read about it. Not sure it has anything that LMS doesn’t have.
Have you configured online music library integration and at least added some local files to get a feel for how that works?
Yeah i had some files on the surface pro so pointed at those. Worked fine. I do see an advantage using a single interface but comparing performance is more work than I'm up for right now. I do have a question for you though. What is the advantage of squeezelite over upnpbridge? Fwiw I've had zero glitches with upnpbridge

Yeah i had some files on the surface pro so pointed at those. Worked fine. I do see an advantage using a single interface but comparing performance is more work than I'm up for right now. I do have a question for you though. What is the advantage of squeezelite over upnpbridge? Fwiw I've had zero glitches with upnpbridge
There are a few things the bridge can’t do

Sync with other players - in the LMS world this is a big one as all the native players including Squeezelite sync seamlessly

Smart crossfade - this is a player setting where when enabled a playlist will have crossfade applied but not if you are playing an album

Smart replay gain - applies track based replay gain to a playlist but album gain if you are playing an album

Another plugin I’ve just thought of

LastMix - this is used in conjunction with DSTM (Don’t Stop The Music). A per player setting which when applied switches to AutoDJ mode if you forget to add to the playlist. LastMix extends this by using algorithms hosted by LastFM to make the auto playlist based upon your original choices. LastMix works across local music and your online sources eg Qobuz

Edit
Also Group Players plugin

Back