iFI SilentPower iPower2

TSHRED

I'm considering upgrading the power supply with the iFI SilentPower iPower2.

I have a decent vintage system that the WiiM Pro Plus feeds:

NAD 1155 preamp
NAD 2200 amp
A/D/S L1090 tower speakers

For those who've made this upgrade did you notice a difference?

There’s not a lot of point in my opinion to ask others if they heard a difference - the rest of your kit, room acoustics, preferences, ears and brain are different from everyone else’s. See if you can borrow such a power supply from a friend or retailer, run with it for a week, then run your system for another week without it. If after that second week, you feel your system sounded better to you, then keep the new power supply otherwise return it.

Others will say do a proper blind AB test, so you may want to consider that as well.

There’s not a lot of point in my opinion to ask others if they heard a difference - the rest of your kit, room acoustics, preferences, ears and brain are different from everyone else’s. See if you can borrow such a power supply from a friend or retailer, run with it for a week, then run your system for another week without it. If after that second week, you feel your system sounded better to you, then keep the new power supply otherwise return it.

Others will say do a proper blind AB test, so you may want to consider that as well.
Thanks.
I ordered one just now so I guess I'll see.

Hi do you tested this ifi ?
I finally was able to test it.
I've noticed it sounds "clearer" to me. My highs sound tighter and less "crispy".

It's noticable on my system, however, this is highly subjective and I know some will say I'm talking myself into it but I won't be returning it and do like the results.

I finally was able to test it.
I've noticed it sounds "clearer" to me. My highs sound tighter and less "crispy".

It's noticable on my system, however, this is highly subjective and I know some will say I'm talking myself into it but I won't be returning it and do like the results.
I've been using one for a wiim mini using spdif out.
Did not hear any difference but i do like the quality of the power supply and did notice a difference when used with a ifi audio zen dac v2 that i also use.

Back