Integrating Music Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, we'd like to see what music services you want integrated into our WiiM Home app.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two, please post which ones you'd like to see and please vote up the ones you want. We are curious about what our community wants, and we'll see what we can do!

--
2/13/24 - We closed this thread and want to move the conversation to this thread where there is a poll. https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/integrating-music-services-poll.2816/

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Hi, we'd like to see what music services you want integrated into our WiiM Home app.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two, please post which ones you'd like to see and please vote up the ones you want. We are curious about what our community wants, and we'll see what we can do!
DI.FM and it's sister channels Radio Tunes, Rock Radio, Jazz Radio and Classical Radio. Sirius XM and support for Apple Music and YouTube music and I'd be a happy camper!

IBroadcast
Excellent cloud storage and music player for your own music collection
Is it not still restricted to 128kbps playback though? Plus if it’s in effect a backup copy of your media in the cloud, don’t you still have your local copy that Wiim could access?

Yes and yes. But very useful to have as another streaming service - I use it with Sonos rather than having to have a local file server always running. As far as I know, only Sonos offers IBroadcast as a service... Also, a pity that there isn't a Squeezebox plugin.

Plex/Plexamp support for me.

Wildcard, sort of related: Support for iOS Shortcuts, so that I can use the remote to trigger my white noise app (that would be silly/impossible for you to support natively).

Globalplayer has higher resolution streams. That’s why I want it. Thanks.

Globalplayer has higher resolution streams. That’s why I want it. Thanks.
I’m not aware that they have an API for those that other devices could use, they seem very focussed on their own apps. Plus I understand their HD premium streams might still only be 192kbps, so you could use their app and use airplay, Chromecast or even bluetooth to your WiiM. Native support in the WiiM app might not offer you much better sound quality.
Another alternative is to use Alexa of course…

Last edited:
I’m not aware that they have an API for those that other devices could use, they seem very focussed on their own apps. Plus I understand their HD premium streams might still only be 192kbps, so you could use their app and use airplay, Chromecast or even bluetooth to your WiiM. Native support in the WiiM app might not offer you much better sound quality.
Another alternative is to use Alexa of course…
Noted. Thanks.

Hi - Would appreciate SiriusXM integration- it was on the Roadmap since the beginning of the year.

Chromecasting it to one Wiim is ok, but trying to link it to multiple Wiim's no longer works.

Sonos has this and believe this could cost Wiim $$$ in lost sales.

Hi - Would appreciate SiriusXM integration- it was on the Roadmap since the beginning of the year.

Chromecasting it to one Wiim is ok, but trying to link it to multiple Wiim's no longer works.

Sonos has this and believe this could cost Wiim $$$ in lost sales.
Unless the other wiims include a mini, can you create a chromecast group in the google home app and cast to that for multiple wiims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back