[Linux] How to stream to a Wiim Pro (or other)?

Le Barde

Hello,
I use a Debian linux desktop system, and I would like to cast to my Wiim Pro through the network (cannot plug a cable between the computer and the Wiim).

I am wondering how to do it. Why not try Chromecast? I don't know if there is a working solution. Ideas are welcome!

Thanks by advance.

I believe that VLC has a Linux app and it should be able to cast to network renderers using Chromecast (or a variant thereof).
e.g. I can see my Wiim Pro as a renderer from VLC running on my Windows PC and play tracks stored on my PC
I am sure there are other ,and possibly better, solutions :)
Are you running any sort of media server on your Debian system ?

Last edited:
There are lots of ways of doing this.

I would stick LMS on your Linux PC and use Material via web browser to control the WiiM’s instance of Squeezelite

Thanks for your answers! I am running Debian.
- VLC works to stream onto the Wiim Pro, but it seems to also stream the audio (so I cannot see the images). You go to Read -> Render. How to send only audio?
- LMS : I couldn't install from Github. If installing from mysqueezebox.com, you have to register on their site, even if you want to run everything on your local network (this is a no-go for me).
- Pulseaudio-dlna : I couldn't run it (downloaded the sid package, but it never run well. Missing module or pychromecast error : 'Chromecast' object has no attribute 'cast_info').

At last mkchromecast seems to work. It crashes sometimes (don't know why), but it sometimes streams audio to my Wiim Pro. :)
I am waiting to make tests.

If you have clues on my experiments, I will like to learn!
Regards,
Le Barde.

What format are your audio files in ?
were they ripped from CDs or downloaded ?
VLC will use the album art included in the media file, if its there
LMS- try here

You do not need to register at mySB.com. As posted the downloads are freely available

Thanks for your answers! You were right, I had not seen "Ignore" on the bottom-right when I went to localhost:9000/.
LMS works for now.

Hello, I also use Debian, one of my laptops works as a multimedia server, install MiniDLNA and your problem is already solved... best regards

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-17 18-48-55.png
    Zrzut ekranu z 2023-12-17 18-48-55.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 6
Hello, I also use Debian, one of my laptops works as a multimedia server, install MiniDLNA and your problem is already solved... best regards
If you don't mind installing Java then you're better off with the free version of MinimServer, because as well as offering more index choices, it doesn't suffer the track artist problem that MiniDLNA does.

Jeśli nie masz nic przeciwko zainstalowaniu Java, lepiej będzie, jeśli skorzystasz z darmowej wersji MinimServer, ponieważ oprócz większej liczby opcji indeksowania, nie ma on problemów z wykonawcami utworów, które występują w MiniDLNA.
You're right, I'll try, I'm actually annoyed by the way album covers are displayed... but as a quick alternative, I can always recommend MiniDlna

Back