My WiiM Pro Plus 2nd sample test

I've added a note to the stepped measurements in the main post. As the behavior is different on 1V rms output, it's possible that the current behavior on 2V rms output is not intentional.
Thank you for your work! Based on your measurements, would you say there is also a penalty in setting the analog output to 1Vrms? (and is there different behavior at 1Vrms with Pro Plus V1?)

Thank you for your work! Based on your measurements, would you say there is also a penalty in setting the analog output to 1Vrms? (and is there different behavior at 1Vrms with Pro Plus V1?)
I haven't investigate "V1" behavior for 1V rms with stepped tests yet, probably I'll do that in a few days. Bear in mind that it's all about distortions on very low levels though clearly measurable.

The main post has updated with new DeltaWave results and a note about it.

I have a news regarding the Pro Plus V2, kind of a bad one for me at least - current sample seems to be very sensitive to the power supply. After preliminary testing it looks like the behavior I've observed on 2Vrms output does not occur when a standard power adapter is used.
I will repeat my measurements to investigate it further.

I have a news regarding the Pro Plus V2, kind of a bad one for me at least - current sample seems to be very sensitive to the power supply. After preliminary testing it looks like the behavior I've observed on 2Vrms output does not occur when a standard power adapter is used.
very interesting...

(the audio card consumes significantly more as you showed)

As I own 2 Nirvana SMPS units, I've spent a lot of time testing Pro Plus V2 and Nirvana combos in stepped measurements. All I can say for now is that my Plus V2 sample and Nirvana are not the best friends... Behavior is pretty unpredictable and results can vary a lot. A standard power adapter delivered with the device is giving the best results to me actually.

As I own 2 Nirvana SMPS units, I've spent a lot of time testing Pro Plus V2 and Nirvana combos in stepped measurements. All I can say for now is that my Plus V2 sample and Nirvana are not the best friends... Behavior is pretty unpredictable and results can vary a lot. A standard power adapter delivered with the device is giving the best results to me actually.
the updated part with the standard power supply is with the 2v output?
(maybe the language barrier..not very clear to me..)

in any case this subject of oddities with your nirvana deserves to be “digging into”
;-)

Last edited:
the updated part with the standard power supply is with the 2v output?
(maybe the language barrier..not very clear to me..)

in any case this subject of oddities with your nirvana deserves to be “digging into”
;-)
Yes, updated stepped measurements were made with the standard power supply and for 2Vrms output.

Are V2 being sent for testers before it release on Amazon?

Onlyoneme is there any power problem with Wiim Pro Plus v2? I'm waiting for availability for sale. Wiim Pro Plus is currently unavailable on amazon. It is possible that there will be a new version with pcb v3. Maybe Wim will confirm?

Onlyoneme is there any power problem with Wiim Pro Plus v2? I'm waiting for availability for sale. Wiim Pro Plus is currently unavailable on amazon. It is possible that there will be a new version with pcb v3. Maybe Wim will confirm?
All I can say at a moment is that there are some issues with particular PSUs, and it's not only the case I've described in the thread.
WiiM team had told me that they identified the issue and they are testing the software solution to address it.

All I can say at a moment is that there are some issues with particular PSUs, and it's not only the case I've described in the thread.
WiiM team had told me that they identified the issue and they are testing the software solution to address it.
Thank you very much for your answer!

I purchased my Wiim Pro Plus a month ago on Amazon.it, it is version 3, to my ears I heard no differences by changing the original power supply with one from the iPhone.
I feel better if I leave the Wiim box without the lid with the open side facing up.

I purchased my Wiim Pro Plus a month ago on Amazon.it, it is version 3, to my ears I heard no differences by changing the original power supply with one from the iPhone.
I feel better if I leave the Wiim box without the lid with the open side facing up.
Do you receive "PCB_version": "3" when using http api?

It's written on the PCB
Can you also verify it using http api as described below?

Just to be sure if these methods are equivalent.

Back