Question about Android device for Qobuz and Wiim App

JCS01

I would like to have a dedicated tablet to stream Qobuz to the Wiim Mini via the Wiim app. However, I don't want to pay for another iPad to do this. I know nothing about Android tablets, so I am wondering what a less expensive option might be with an Android tablet? Can you provide suggestions for this? Obviously I need a tablet that will run both Qobuz and the Wiim app. Will an Amazon device work? Thanks.

Thé WiiM Home app doesn’t yet support landscape mode on android, but some tablets (e.g. samsung) may provide this as mentioned in another recent post, or you can use a third party app to handle the rotation. The amazon AppStore doesn’t have the WiiM Home app, so you either need to install the Google Play store or side load the app.

Just scour eBay or FB marketplace for a cheap Android tablet. I picked up a Lenovo for peanuts. Cosmetically not the greatest, but runs the Wiim app just fine, which is all I want it to do, and sits next to the box so family members can pick up & play if I'm not home.

Thé WiiM Home app doesn’t yet support landscape mode on android, but some tablets (e.g. samsung) may provide this as mentioned in another recent post, or you can use a third party app to handle the rotation. The amazon AppStore doesn’t have the WiiM Home app, so you either need to install the Google Play store or side load the app.
Hi @Brantome
You say "The amazon AppStore doesn’t have the WiiM Home app". I don't want to contradict, but the WiiM Home App is present in the Apple App Store. I installed it on my iPad with no problems and it works. ;)
Immagine 2024-01-04 064940.png

Big difference between Amazon and Apple app stores last I looked…

Back