Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

It's not yet visible on Android. 😭😭😭
7-eleven in Japan sell everything, but I can't buy iPad.😭😭😭

I think @Brantome already said that.😅
I’m expecting Wiimer in Japan to be salivating by now now that room correction beta being rolled out. Buy iPad from Amazon you have 30 days return policy.

The inconsistency in performance of Android device microphones presents a significant obstacle for their use in Room Correction tasks. Consequently, our next step will be to explore the feasibility of utilizing the microphone in the WiiM Remote for this purpose.
Many of us has wiim remote which we can use room correction but it was split between android and iOS.

I haven't received anything yet! Ah!!! Anyone tried with Android? I don't buy any Apple products haha.
As Andorod doesnt have a known entity for the mic as there are too many makes and models, I cant see it being possible hence why HouseCurve is iOS only, Sonos own system is iOS only. iOS mics are a known entity that can be programmeed for, compensated/calibrated to a certain degree as their are consistent.

One thing it should not is allow boosts in the lower regions, boosting a null isnt going to work and can cause more issues than its trying to solve. Needs a cuts only option.

Unrelated to room correction itself, or perhaps indirectly, I’m having problems using ChromeCast from the Qobuz app to both my Pro and Amp which have the beta firmware - tracks in the play queue are rapidly skipped and not played. It works fine with my non-beta firmware on the Pro Plus. While Spotify Connect works OK, trying to connect from the Spotify app using ChromeCast immediately disconnects. AlexaCast works from the Amazon Music app ok, but using ChromeCast there just freezes.
Ticket has been raised to WiiM, so hopefully they’ll identify the root cause and fix it.

Edit 11Apr24: WiiM have just issued a fix for this on my Pro, Amp to follow, so thankfully it’ll be fixed for the public release

Last edited:
Unrelated to room correction itself, or perhaps indirectly, I’m having problems using ChromeCast from the Qobuz app to both my Pro and Amp which have the beta firmware - tracks in the play queue are rapidly skipped and not played. It works fine with my non-beta firmware on the Pro Plus. While Spotify Connect works OK, trying to connect from the Spotify app using ChromeCast immediately disconnects. AlexaCast works from the Amazon Music app ok, but using ChromeCast there just freezes.
Ticket has been raised to WiiM, so hopefully they’ll identify the root cause and fix it.
Chromecasting from Tidal to the Pro Plus with the beta FW works fine for me.
The same with the Pro, works ok.

Last edited:
Can you play normally from your Android phone? My AMP and Pro are also fine.

As Andorod doesnt have a known entity for the mic as there are too many makes and models, I cant see it being possible hence why HouseCurve is iOS only, Sonos own system is iOS only. iOS mics are a known entity that can be programmeed for, compensated/calibrated to a certain degree as their are consistent.
yeh that's true - the variety of android devices out there is unrealistic for the WiiM team to calibrate for. but if it's worth anything - the iOS device mics are actually garbage compared to high-end android equivalents... my sony from 2019 has better mics than the current iPhone, not even a question. the mic on my iPad pro is borderline unusable - esp for zoom etc - you sound like a hobo - not very professional! :ROFLMAO:

it's only a new idea from the team at WiiM, but i'm sure if it gains traction they will incorporate support for calibrated, external mics... 🙏

Even though RC uses 10 bands, the non-RC PEQ settings page in the app still only shows 4 - I don’t know if that will be changed to match the 10 available for RC.

** It would also be useful if it offered the option to cap the volume limit based on its RC results to guard against digital clipping, as has been noted elsewhere in the forum can be done in REW

** potential area for improvement

Okay, could you give this a go?

Create a PEQ profile, and turn it on. Then run RC.

Does the PEQ profile appear to have been carried over into the 10 band RC?

You could then use PEQ and RC separately, if that floats your boat.

Can you play normally from your Android phone? My AMP and Pro are also fine.
This was using my iPad, and it played normally on it and from within the WiiM Home app. Just checked my Android phone and it’s skipping there too. Rebooted both WiiM devices to no avail, but off to see Dune pt.2 soon so will be offline for a while…

yeh that's true - the variety of android devices out there is unrealistic for the WiiM team to calibrate for. but if it's worth anything - the iOS device mics are actually garbage compared to high-end android equivalents... my sony from 2019 has better mics than the current iPhone, not even a question. the mic on my iPad pro is borderline unusable - esp for zoom etc - you sound like a hobo - not very professional! :ROFLMAO:

it's only a new idea from the team at WiiM, but i'm sure if it gains traction they will incorporate support for calibrated, external mics... 🙏
Support for external mics is a must, also to set a range to correct for. Personally I dont correct above 300hz as you getting more into speaker voicing terriortty over Room modes. I dont want to change the voice of my speakers as thats why I bought them.

Okay, could you give this a go?

Create a PEQ profile, and turn it on. Then run RC.

Does the PEQ profile appear to have been carried over into the 10 band RC?

You could then use PEQ and RC separately, if that floats your boat.
I normally have PEQ on on my devices having used HouseCurve in the past, and that was flipped off after I setup RC, so I guess they’re mutually exclusive although WiiM have said earlier that RC and ‘vanilla’ EQ can be used in conjunction with each other. I’m wouldn’t have expected my existing PEQ to have had an influence on my RC analysis as it seems to make more sense for it to start with an even playing field.

Support for external mics is a must, also to set a range to correct for. Personally I dont correct above 300hz as you getting more into speaker voicing terriortty over Room modes. I dont want to change the voice of my speakers as thats why I bought them.

Yup, me too. I’d differ in that you can get fantastic speakers at very low prices with great FR which has just the odd deviation from flat. It’d be nice to (for example) correct that using 4-band PEQ, then leave 6 bands for room correction below 300Hz.

IMO the whole correction process should be as easy and automated process as possible, leaving an option to populate PEQ parameters manually when taken using external systems.

This was using my iPad, and it played normally on it and from within the WiiM Home app. Just checked my Android phone and it’s skipping there too. Rebooted both WiiM devices to no avail, but off to see Dune pt.2 soon so will be offline for a while…
Maybe other conditions must occur as well. For example, I didn't activate RC mode yet.

IMO the whole correction process should be as easy and automated process as possible, leaving an option to populate PEQ parameters manually when taken using external systems.

I’m a bit flummoxed as to why 10-band isn’t immediately available outside of RC.

Perhaps it’s because RC is still in beta, and they’d have to have 2 versions of PEQ out in the wild at once?

I’m a bit flummoxed as to why 10-band isn’t immediately available outside of RC.

Perhaps it’s because RC is still in beta, and they’d have to have 2 versions of PEQ out in the wild at once?
Maybe, but if there is an option on the table to have 10 RC PEQ bands plus 4 old PEQ bands working simultaneously, then I vote for selectable 2 x 7 PEQ bands for independent channels.

Back