Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Just beat me - was on the last chapter of a good book so was diverted…

Don’t see an app update yet but will have a look to see if there’s any change. I know WiiM was starting the rollout of Roon Ready for the amp today, but as I’m on beta firmware, I wouldn’t expect to get that. Both my Amp and Pro updated so maybe it’s new beta firmware

Don’t see an app update yet but will have a look to see if there’s any change. I know WiiM was starting the rollout of Roon Ready for the amp today, but as I’m on beta firmware, I wouldn’t expect to get that. Both my Amp and Pro updated so maybe it’s new beta firmware
Don’t see any difference and the bug I reported re Qobuz/Chromecast skipping which they acknowledged is still broken. No sign of Roon Ready either which tbh I wouldn’t have expected to see yet on a beta. Guess we might need to wait for a new beta app to see what the new firmware offers

Is sign up closed for this beta? I'm quite familiar with Audyssey MultEQ-X, Dirac, MiniDSP, MSO, REW.... I've had a WiiM mini for quite a while and recently bought a WiiM amp. Very impressed with this streaming amp. I was considering moving my 2 channel setups to BluOS devices but this WiiM has changed my mind. If the beta is still open I'd love to participate.

I didn't know exactly what that word meant, so I looked it up. 😊

It feels a little good to launch a WiiM's rocket here before anyone else. 🤣

I ordered the Dayton IMM-6 today, so I'm going to play around with it for a while to distract myself. 🤣🤣

I look forward to hearing from you about the results of the beta test. 🤗

Is sign up closed for this beta? I'm quite familiar with Audyssey MultEQ-X, Dirac, MiniDSP, MSO, REW.... I've had a WiiM mini for quite a while and recently bought a WiiM amp. Very impressed with this streaming amp. I was considering moving my 2 channel setups to BluOS devices but this WiiM has changed my mind. If the beta is still open I'd love to participate.
Not sure tbh. You can always try signing up as per the invitation thread and see if you get a response.

These measurements - by definition - describe steady state behaviour and do not differentiate between the sources of sound pressure, indeed (direct sound, early reflections, standing waves, whatever). Technically the results are perfectly valid, though. There's nothing wrong in these measurements, in-room frequency response is nothing but a bloody mess.

But still, as.you said, different loudspeaker still sound differently to us, keeping large parts of their sonic character even in different listening environments. One way to look at this is to accept that our hearing is well capable of performing quite some "room correction" on its own. Our brain knows the room we're in and can cope with that to some degree without no additional technical measures.

Consequently, the task is not to equalize anything ruler flat. It is also not to strictly follow some other target curve (even if the results can be better than with the flat approach). The real question is what kind of error must be reduced to make the illusion presented by our stereo equipment more realistic and more pleasing. Not a solimple thing, for sure.

Unfortunately (or maybe not so) the same consequences apply to room treatment as well. :p

In defense of Floyd Toole: He never advertised to just EQ the response in one sweet spot according to "his" one and only correct target curve. This is oversimplification added by others later on.

Lots of truth there. But as I say, your brain definitely takes its cue from the direct sound, and disproportionately favours that over the reflections.

Yes, the graphs show the combined sound. Your brain, however, hears the (hopefully) flat sound from the speakers. It then hears the reflections, after it’s logged the flat, speaker sound.

Clever things, brains. 😉

I didn't know exactly what that word meant, so I looked it up. 😊

It feels a little good to launch a WiiM's rocket here before anyone else. 🤣

I ordered the Dayton IMM-6 today, so I'm going to play around with it for a while to distract myself. 🤣🤣

I look forward to hearing from you about the results of the beta test. 🤗
imm-6 "usb-c" ?
(as long as there is no possibility of entering a calibration file, it will remain relative...)
example from an classic imm6 ( individual)
"""(Note: In order to use your iMM-6C as a calibrated measurement microphone you may be required to purchase an app for your tablet or smart phone. Dayton Audio suggests AudioTool for Android and Audiotools for IOS)"""

wiim might be able to get closer to dayton and dig into the thing with the imm6 usb-c option...

Attachments

• 99-35721.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
imm-6 "usb-c" ?
(as long as there is no possibility of entering a calibration file, it will remain relative...)
example from an classic imm6 ( individual)
"""(Note: In order to use your iMM-6C as a calibrated measurement microphone you may be required to purchase an app for your tablet or smart phone. Dayton Audio suggests AudioTool for Android and Audiotools for IOS)"""

wiim might be able to get closer to dayton and dig into the thing with the imm6 usb-c option...
No, IMM-6.

I have this conversion cable and I'm going to see if I can use it.
(There is a risk that the measured value will change depending on the conversion. But, I was able to connect the "Ypao mic" to the phone with this cable.)

1000002283.jpg

I've already purchased the app, but I'm having a hard time learning how to use it...😅

My pro plus hasn’t had any firmware changes in weeks my WiiM amp has. Is this expected?

Current is 4.8.611137

Received 4.8.612036 for my Pro today. Only two points mentioned, both not relevant for me. First was some Pandora thing and second was about Airplay2.

It seems the new beta for amp fix the subwoofer boost and now sound balanced from top to bottom.

We've enhanced our room correction algorithm and expanded the settings options. Now, you can customize the target curve, frequency range(up to 20kHz), maximum gain, and maximum Q factor to your preference. To access these new features, please update to the latest iOS app, version 2.9.1.

Additionally, we're excited to announce the development of a multi-band Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) for both iOS and Android apps. This new PEQ will feature at least 8 bands, ideally extending to 10 bands, offering you unparalleled control over your audio experience. We're targeting to release a beta version of this app in two weeks.

We've enhanced our room correction algorithm and expanded the settings options. Now, you can customize the target curve, frequency range(up to 20kHz), maximum gain, and maximum Q factor to your preference. To access these new features, please update to the latest iOS app, version 2.9.1.

Additionally, we're excited to announce the development of a multi-band Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) for both iOS and Android apps. This new PEQ will feature at least 8 bands, ideally extending to 10 bands, offering you unparalleled control over your audio experience. We're targeting to release a beta version of this app in two weeks.
Is the test flight 2.9.1 and the official release 2.9.1 same?

Back