Static/crackling noise

gwi42

I noticed after a week with the pro sometimes my TV sound makes a static/crackling noise for about 5-10 seconds. My connection is optical in/optical out and it happens I tried optical in / rca out and it happens. Optical setting is 192/24 could this be it? I did lower it but Its hard to tell since it may not happen for hours but it's everyday. What's going on here Wiim? Is it a bad unit?

The splitter works if the off source turns off the SPDIF signal. There are some sources where that is not the case.

Currently, when the WiiM Pro SPDiF into SPDIF out works the conversion is not free of bit losses. A direct optical connection to the outboard DAC sounds better. Try it.
How have you verified these “bit losses”? Does your DAC offer a bit perfect test, for example?

My 2nd thread post. I was having a crackling problem from my TV optical audio out to SPDIF/Toslink in in WiiM. I couldn't solve the problem. Well... I got the latest firmware/app update - NO Crackling problem from the TV [3 hrs of viewing/listening].
Inputs: Ethernet [Qobuz Hi-res], & Sony TV digital/optical audio
Output: Only one(!) - coax to DAC (actually 2 DACs with Coax splitter)
Result: (1) I don't need the PC to listen to Qobuz, (2) many fewer cables, (3) Hi-res audio from Qobuz vis Coax, (4) all in one control
Fantastic!
Thanks for a great product & support.

I have a feeling it’s helping to lock some timing somewhere in. Something gets out of sync and the app locks it back. It’s why I put it in my feedback notes.

Same here, got that first whitelisted firmware that didn’t really work. I sent them a clip of it happening again and no replies now lol
Hi iLikeStuff,

Sorry to hear you haven't received the replies yet. Can you please share the ticket number and I can take a look at that? Thank you!

Wow!…Really not gonna address this. Pretty crazy. No ticket updates. No DM updates…Just crickets.
Hi Mickmedical,

Please be assured that we'll definitely follow up this issue carefully. It has one of top priorities for our team. If you have the same issue, please share your ticket number with us and we'll take a look at it immediately. Thank you for your patience.

Hi Mickmedical,

Please be assured that we'll definitely follow up this issue carefully. It has one of top priorities for our team. If you have the same issue, please share your ticket number with us and we'll take a look at it immediately. Thank you for your patience.
Still haven’t heard anything…It’s like being in a restaurant where the waiter forgot to put your order in, and instead of communicating doesn’t come back to the table for 45 min 😅

Still haven’t heard anything…It’s like being in a restaurant where the waiter forgot to put your order in, and instead of communicating doesn’t come back to the table for 45 min 😅
They said they’d look at it. It’s pretty clear you’ve never worked in software support - getting to the root cause of an issue and fixing it takes time and all you can do is complain like a child on a car journey: “are we there yet?”…

Use the WiiM app via Settings>Feedback. Ask them to move you out of the 'whitelist' and back to regular firmware updates, and also ask them to send you the latest firmware. You need to allow sending your device logs.

They said they’d look at it. It’s pretty clear you’ve never worked in software support - getting to the root cause of an issue and fixing it takes time and all you can do is complain like a child on a car journey: “are we there yet?”…
Nope, not in software, but I am and have been an operations director for a number of CPG companies. I would consider Wiim one, no? Customer service is key to success, and if my company was brought an issue from a retailer or customer and we just remained silent throughout solving it, with no communicated eta, that more often than not is not going to go over well. When this issue was first raised, communication was great, since their flash fix failed there hasn’t been any communication. So from my seat, I was told their was a fix, they were told it ended up not working, and nothing since. 9 days of no response on my ticket.

Back