WiiM Amp

Btw, I mean no disrespect to @onlyoneme and @VintageFlanker both of whom are many orders of magnitude more knowledgeable than I am.
I wasn't offended at all. The limitations of both my expertise and equipment are significant especially when it comes to amplifiers, I could only try to overcome some of them and focus on the areas I can handle better.

Hi Team,

I'd like to shed some light on the functionalities of the USB and Line-In ports on the WiiM Amp.

1. USB Port: This is designed for connecting USB storage devices. The WiiM Amp scans and indexes your music collection, acting as a constant home media server via DLNA. Note that it doesn't function as a USB audio output.

2. Line-In Port: This port is for linking up with your chosen audio source. It's not designed to act as a Line Out (or Pre-out) for connecting to another power amplifier.
Hi, Wiim Team. In these latitudes we are really very eager for the launch of this new and promising product. I reiterate my desire to have a beta unit or otherwise a discount coupon to be able to buy at a competitive price for my country, in which customs duties are very high.
Thank you for your time!

I was about to pull the trigger on a Bluesound Powernode Edge use as an AirPlay 2 speaker and hook up to my TV via HDMI ARC. I just ran across this thread and it’s giving me a huge pause.

I just replaced a Sonos Port with a WiiM Mini in a different room for AirPlay and turntable use and it works better than the ridiculously expensive Sonos Port did!

My only question is this: Will the WiiM Amp be able to automatically switch between AirPlay and HDMI ARC? What’s worked flawlessly with the WiiM Mini is the autoswitch between turntable line-in and AirPlay.

I was going to buy a powernode edge this week, but their forums are full of people with connectivity issues…..esp after the latest update and the WiiM amp sounds perfect.
My question is whether the WiiM amp will support Bluetooth out for headphones like the edge?

I was going to buy a powernode edge this week, but their forums are full of people with connectivity issues…..esp after the latest update and the WiiM amp sounds perfect.
My question is whether the WiiM amp will support Bluetooth out for headphones like the edge?
I’d guess it will as it’s an evolution of the Pro Plus which does support bluetooth out - but only using the SBR and AAC codecs unless that’s been updated for the Amp. We’ll find out in a couple of weeks…

Thanks, that's good enough for me. I've never had a problem with my Wiim mini connectivity so just need the amp to be released 🙂

Hi Smartplug, Team

We're excited to announce our upcoming product, the WiiM AMP! Scheduled for public release in Q4 this year, it's sure to impress. Here are some sneak-peek pictures to whet your appetite. Cheers!

View attachment 1930
View attachment 1931
Now add a slightly more premium build and a better quality power supply across the range. Great product. Will soon have for every room in the house and office.

Now featured on the WIIM website but no dedicated page yet. Wonder what those speakers are...

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 19-52-45 WiiM Redefining Home Audio Affordable Innovative Hi-Res Sound.png
Screenshot-2023-11-05-at-19-57-07-WiiM-Redefining-Home-Audio-Affordable-Innovative-Hi-Res-Sound.jpg

I wonder why eARC is not used instead of just ARC (e.g. Powernode Edge has eARC). Is it a licensing/cost difference?

There way is not with coax chassis. And two tweeters? This little spot does also not look like a bass reflex on the front..

Back