WiiM Pro Amazon Listings

I suppose at this point, it's better just to hold off until it becomes available? :)

That's certainly my plan. From what I read here, UK supplies are imminent. But I'll believe it when I see it.

That's certainly my plan. From what I read here, UK supplies are imminent. But I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm in the same boat 😁 I sold my rbpi and chromecast audio halfway through December and in the meanwhile have been using my MacBook for digital listening.. Only to find out that usb connection to my dac is pretty buggy 😅

A pity it's only available from the dreaded Amazon. I'd rather buy from almost anyone but them.

Below are links to the Amazon listings for WiiM Pro.

WiiM Pros Listings by Amazon Marketplace and availability
Hi Wiim staff,
Please could you explain why the Pro costs USD 149 in the USA but AUD 415 (USD 294) in Australia!?
Surely this is a mistake?
Thanks.
Mark

Last edited:
Hi Wiim staff,
Please could you explain why the Pro costs USD 149 in the USA but AUD 415 (USD 638) in Australia!?
Thanks.
Mark
As I'm typing this, AUD 415 = USD 294.74. But still a good question. Even including your VAT, the equivalent price would be around AUD 247, I think. Does Australia impose punitive duties on imported electronics?

Sorry, thanks, yes silly me I converted on the inverse. Yes it's about that, so still double the price.
Wonder if it's a mistake / glitch. A few months back the mini jumped from 145 to 250 ish aud on amazon au, then dropped again a few days later.

As I'm typing this, AUD 415 = USD 294.74. But still a good question. Even including your VAT, the equivalent price would be around AUD 247, I think. Does Australia impose punitive duties on imported electronics?
Thanks for the correction, I have made a correction to the original post.

On taxes, yes the Australian government does now impose GST on OS goods I think, but that's only 10%. It doesn't account for double the price on the yank site.

I just looked on amazon au ' you should be pleased, it's been discounted from 450 aud ;)
Think I'll wait to see what happens before ordering mine.

Last edited:
Hi Wiim staff,
Please could you explain why the Pro costs USD 149 in the USA but AUD 415 (USD 294) in Australia!?
Thanks.
Mark
Maybe buy directly from USA site until they wake up.

Looking at the au listing in more detail, the mini is sold by Linkplay Technologies whereas the pro is sold by Bakir Group.
Implication is that it might not be the official listing?
iirc, wiim thought the pro wouldn't be available in au until March. In fact, it's in the sticky post at the top of this page / thread!

Looking at the au listing in more detail, the mini is sold by Linkplay Technologies whereas the pro is sold by Bakir Group.
Implication is that it might not be the official listing?
iirc, wiim thought the pro wouldn't be available in au until March. In fact, it's in the sticky post at the top of this page / thread!
Sounds like a gray market scalper. Would suspect Amazon is the authorized distributor in Australia and that they don't have product yet. It's just now showing up around Europe.

Another potential red flag - the au pro listing shows delivery in one to two weeks.
The mini shows 'tomorrow'.
My mini arrived on my doorstep literally 14 hours after I ordered it.

@MarkJ
Hi Wiim staff,
Thanks.
Mark
Please do not purchase from that seller. It is not a legitimate sale. We planning offer WiiM Pro on Amazon in Australia in March 2023.

@MarkJ

Please do not purchase from that seller. It is not a legitimate sale. We planning offer WiiM Pro on Amazon in Australia in March 2023.
Thanks for the confirmation, wiim team.
I was trying to be careful how I worded my posts, but yours is straight to the point!

@MarkJ

The listing by Bakir group has been removed, there is another that is a bit more underhanded by a seller called EVEMA LLCS at a still inflated price.

@WiiM Team any updates on the availability in the EU Amazon stores? Is it going to be a matter of a few days or weeks? :)
I just noticed that Audiophonics.fr has changed expected stock date to the 9th of March... #oowch

re: UK, Germany, France - Amazon is still working on receiving the shipment. Hopefully, by late this week, the WiiM Pro units will be available for pre-sale as they make their way to the designated distribution centers.

Back