Wiim Pro losing network connection

bowser

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:

Assuming you are on the same network, one of the only configuration options to look at would be IGMP Snooping as I discussed here.
It worked for someone yesterday so it would be worth looking into.
Are you plugging directly into the router? What router do you have?

Yep, directly into the router. It's a FritzBox 7530.
I just tried to ping it, but just got a time-out.
The Wiim doesn't show up as an active network device in the router GUI, so I'm pretty sure the network connection is completely dead.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-01 um 13.02.41.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-01 um 13.02.41.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi,

App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
I’ve had this issues off and on since day one. Every two or three days “Device Not Found.” Most times I have to do a factory reset to get things back up…setup always defaults to WiFi although I have an Ethernet cable plugged in. When that occurs I have to unplug the unit, do a factory reset then the Ethernet is available. This occurs so often I’ve stopped entering any presets or logins because of the multiple factory resets. Very frustrating. WiiM support is aware of the issue. I hope they figure out soon.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have the same issue every day. “Stand by” is set to never. Net gear ORBI X6000 router, default for router is NO IGMP Snooper. Pro is connected to by LAN connection. App only has options for WI-FI. Every day I follow the instructions to unplug Pro, Push and hold <. Gets connected, but within hours, same process. Quite frustrating. CAT cables (numerous) are all brand new, very high quality.

I have the same issue every day. “Stand by” is set to never. Net gear ORBI X6000 router, default for router is NO IGMP Snooper. Pro is connected to by LAN connection. App only has options for WI-FI. Every day I follow the instructions to unplug Pro, Push and hold <. Gets connected, but within hours, same process. Quite frustrating. CAT cables (numerous) are all brand new, very high quality.
As a follow up, 2 hours after resetting WiiM Pro, same issue. I just installed a FOSI Audio T10 (connected Ethernet), bought it for amp to outdoor speakers because it is supposed to use WiiM App to connect to WiMM Pro through wired network. App does not discover the T10. I plugged BlueSound NODE into same Ethernet connection same cable and it works perfectly. I’m past my 30 day Amazon return, so will be seeking return from WiMM, unfortunately as I’ve read in this form, WiMM does not seem to respond.

As a follow up, 2 hours after resetting WiiM Pro, same issue. I just installed a FOSI Audio T10 (connected Ethernet), bought it for amp to outdoor speakers because it is supposed to use WiiM App to connect to WiMM Pro through wired network. App does not discover the T10. I plugged BlueSound NODE into same Ethernet connection same cable and it works perfectly. I’m past my 30 day Amazon return, so will be seeking return from WiMM, unfortunately as I’ve read in this form, WiMM does not seem to respond.
I feel your pain, trust me. Like I said earlier, I’ve had this issue since day one. Stable for a day or two then “ No Device Found.” I’ll keep it because I don’t want to fire up my desktop computer just to listen to music in the background. It’s is very frustrating, though.

I feel your pain, trust me. Like I said earlier, I’ve had this issue since day one. Stable for a day or two then “ No Device Found.” I’ll keep it because I don’t want to fire up my desktop computer just to listen to music in the background. It’s is very frustrating, though.
This was Wiim’s response to the issue a few days ago. Not sure why they assumed I wasn’t using the OEM wall wart.

Thank you for reaching out to WiiM Support.

Our engineers will check with this ethernet issue immediately and thanks very much for your patience in advance.

Please note that you need use the native adapter (5V, 2A) to power on your WiiM Pro to avoid that the ethernet disconnection issue was caused by low power supply.

Our apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
WiiM Support

I’ve had this issues off and on since day one. Every two or three days “Device Not Found.” Most times I have to do a factory reset to get things back up…setup always defaults to WiFi although I have an Ethernet cable plugged in. When that occurs I have to unplug the unit, do a factory reset then the Ethernet is available. This occurs so often I’ve stopped entering any presets or logins because of the multiple factory resets. Very frustrating. WiiM support is aware of the issue. I hope they figure out soon.
You have to do a factory reset every time? That's even worse then my issue. For it's working again if I remove the power supply for a second.

I think at least some of my connection issues are related to firmware updates. Just had another one today and after rebooting I got the message about an updated firmware in the app.
That's really annoying, every other device is asking BEFORE an update if you want to install it.

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, and not trying to tempt fate, but my two pros and one mini "just work".
I've not experienced any of the numerous issues reported on this forum, but if I did I'd undoubtebly be just as annoyed!
I sincerely hope you, and everyone else, manages to find resolutions and get back to enjoying the music....which was especially loud earlier tonight in a somewhat futile attempt to drown out the thunderstorm raging outside.

Hi,

Hello. Three bits to try:
1. Reserve the IP in the router.
2. Check the lease on the IP reserve address in the router for devices.
3. Check the connectivity logs in the router. Look for expirations.

Hello. Three bits to try:
1. Reserve the IP in the router.
2. Check the lease on the IP reserve address in the router for devices.
3. Check the connectivity logs in the router. Look for expirations.
I gave the Wiim an reserved IP since the beginning.
Unfortunately my routher doesn't log anything for cable connections (only Wifi).

Same issue today. "Device not Found." So, this time, as always, I was directed to press the arrow until it started flashing. I didn't do that this time. I just briefly held the arrow until the brightness changed....as if coming out of standby and it worked. Didn't have to reenter the only preset I had. I have said before, I think part of the issue is the device does not want to come out of standby. Someone on this forum said it was a known issue using Ethernet.

Last edited:
Same issue today. "Device not Found." So, this time, as always, I was directed to press the arrow until it started flashing. I didn't do that this time. I just briefly held the arrow until the brightness changed....as if coming out of standby and it worked. Didn't have to reenter the only preset I had. I have said before, I think part of the issue is the device does not want to come out of standby. Someone on this forum said it was a known issue using Ethernet.
Must be something more to it than just standby - my ethernet connected Pro has never had that issue to my knowledge and its standby is set to 30s (not that I’m bothered with whatever it’s set at). Have you tried setting standby to “never”?

Must be something more to it than just standby - my ethernet connected Pro has never had that issue to my knowledge and its standby is set to 30s (not that I’m bothered with whatever it’s set at). Have you tried setting standby to “never”?
Actually did that last night. Didn’t work. Not sure what’s going on. I personally think it has something to do with Ethernet. I used WiFi for about a week when the device would not see the Ethernet….a few weeks back. Had a few issues after a firmware or software update but nothing like this. When it happens again I think I’ll let it setup with WiFi to see if that changes the frequency of connection issues.

You will not be able to solve this on your own. If other devices work fine in your Network, I strongly recommend returning it and get a new one. If the problem is still there with the new one and you dont get a timely answer from the support, return it again. Then decide to give it a third try or [fill in blank]

You will not be able to solve this on your own. If other devices work fine in your Network, I strongly recommend returning it and get a new one. If the problem is still there with the new one and you dont get a timely answer from the support, return it again. Then decide to give it a third try or [fill in blank
Too far past the Amazon return window, unfortunately.

Same problem here. Every second or third day ethernet connection is lost. I have to remove the power supply for a few seconds and everything works again.
Router is a Fritz!Box 4060 but i guess that does not matter. All other LAN devices work fine.
I guess its a problem with the LAN controller of the WiiM pro.

Same problem here. Every second or third day ethernet connection is lost. I have to remove the power supply for a few seconds and everything works again.
Router is a Fritz!Box 4060 but i guess that does not matter. All other LAN devices work fine.
I guess its a problem with the LAN controller of the WiiM pro.
When it happens, please submit a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the WiiM app so they can inspect your device logs for clues as to what’s causing this.

Back