Wiim Pro losing network connection

bowser

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:

Same problem here. Every second or third day ethernet connection is lost. I have to remove the power supply for a few seconds and everything works again.
Router is a Fritz!Box 4060 but i guess that does not matter. All other LAN devices work fine.
I guess its a problem with the LAN controller of the WiiM pro.
I agree. There definitely is an issue. I’ve contacted Wiim support on more than one occasion but the issue has not been resolved. My router is a Linksys EA7300.

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, and not trying to tempt fate, but my two pros and one mini "just work".
I've not experienced any of the numerous issues reported on this forum, but if I did I'd undoubtebly be just as annoyed!
I sincerely hope you, and everyone else, manages to find resolutions and get back to enjoying the music....which was especially loud earlier tonight in a somewhat futile attempt to drown out the thunderstorm raging outside.
Consider yourself lucky!

If you don't disconnect the power-supply, the app can't connect to the device, so how should it get the logs?
Is it completely disconnected from the network or just not visible in the app? I mean being visible by network scanners.

Does re-plugging the network cable change anything?

I've left my PRO connected over ethernet for the last few days now and it's been fine.
If - when it's working - you leave it to go into standby and reboot just the router, are you able to reconnect back to the WiiM?
Do you have any other devices connected over ethernet that are always on?

As I mentioned before, it is not ping-able and doesn't show in the network overview of my router.
Re-plugging ethernet doesn't change anything.
I have a raspberry pi alway-on via ethernet since a couple of years and never experienced something like this.
The root cause must be on the wiim side.

The issue just happened again and I rebooted the router just to be sure... as expected still no connection to wiim.
After replugging the power of the wiim, everything works fine again.

As a follow up, 2 hours after resetting WiiM Pro, same issue. I just installed a FOSI Audio T10 (connected Ethernet), bought it for amp to outdoor speakers because it is supposed to use WiiM App to connect to WiMM Pro through wired network. App does not discover the T10. I plugged BlueSound NODE into same Ethernet connection same cable and it works perfectly. I’m past my 30 day Amazon return, so will be seeking return from WiMM, unfortunately as I’ve read in this form, WiMM does not seem to respond.
Still have not received ANY response from Wiim on “ticket” submitted for return/exchange of WiMM Pro. Same issue continues. Did receive comment from contributer regarding device showing two MAC addresses, I assume one is for WI-FI and the other Ethernet. Still have to start from beginning, have yet been able to stream anything. I have a defective device and want an exchange but no response from WiMM. Do you not stand by your products and their warranty?

Still have not received ANY response from Wiim on “ticket” submitted for return/exchange of WiMM Pro. Same issue continues. Did receive comment from contributer regarding device showing two MAC addresses, I assume one is for WI-FI and the other Ethernet. Still have to start from beginning, have yet been able to stream anything. I have a defective device and want an exchange but no response from WiMM. Do you not stand by your products and their warranty?
Where did you buy it from, Amazon? If so, contact them and go thru their returns/ replace process if WiiM aren’t responding timeously. What’s your ticket number btw?

Where did you buy it from, Amazon? If so, contact them and go thru their returns/ replace process if WiiM aren’t responding timeously. What’s your ticket number btw?
Bought from Amazon. Got tired of no response on 2 “ticket” requests to WiiM. Even though I am logged onto WiiM, “ticket” finder will not let me log on (wrong password)? Amazon gave me a refund even past the normal return period because of defective product. Am out the $7.02 in sales tax paid.I’m not sure if I will order a new PRO, might wait to see if “ROON READY” actually happens, or find a better product, even though the price point for the PRO is very good. Quite disappointing on lack of customer support from WiiM.

AS a follow up was just able to get “ticket” numbers. 96 hours of first submitted, ticket#10443 (being processed), 2nd ticket request “10501, being processed

AS a follow up was just able to get “ticket” numbers. 96 hours of first submitted, ticket#10443 (being processed), 2nd ticket request “10501, being processed
Hi Hpalmer,

Sorry to hear you have issues with the Ethernet connection on the WiiM Pro. We'll follow up with you on the tickets immediately. Please stay tuned! Thank you!

As I mentioned before, it is not ping-able and doesn't show in the network overview of my router.
That wasn't what I asked you. I wanted to know if you were able to reconnect to the PRO if you performed a router reboot just after the PRO had been working.
Seems like you've finally got support now; would be interested to know if you get a fix.

That wasn't what I asked you. I wanted to know if you were able to reconnect to the PRO if you performed a router reboot just after the PRO had been working.
Seems like you've finally got support now; would be interested to know if you get a fix.
Sorry, got this wrong. I just checked and if the Wiim is working fine, it is still working fine after router reboot.
Wiim Support was replying to Hpalmer, who has a similar issue.

Hi Hpalmer,

Sorry to hear you have issues with the Ethernet connection on the WiiM Pro. We'll follow up with you on the tickets immediately. Please stay tuned! Thank you!
WiiM Support did email me last night (Hawaii Time) “It seems your device is defective. Please send your order number and full shipping address to us. We’ll arrange a replacement unit to you ASAP.” Too little too late as Amazon accepted defective return, unfortunately total purchase price was not refunded due to return outside of “normal” return policy. If Wiim wants to send me a “free” replacement, I will accept it. I have already ordered a 2nd Bluesound NODE, which is ROON Ready

Same problem here. Every second or third day ethernet connection is lost. I have to remove the power supply for a few seconds and everything works again.
Router is a Fritz!Box 4060 but i guess that does not matter. All other LAN devices work fine.
I guess it’s a problem with the LAN controller of the WiiM pro.
Happened only moments ago. Not used the Pro for two days. Decided to listen to music today, DEVICE NOT FOUND. Pulled the power cord for a few seconds…didn’t work. Pulled it again…worked without losing any presets or previous settings. If not for the fact I like streaming music in the background without firing up my PC, this thing would be available on EBAY. I’ve sent feedback four or five times. Wonder if WIIM does RMA exchanges.

Back