Wiim Pro losing network connection

bowser

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:
Hi there,

Can you share your ticket number with me so I can follow up with you via our support ticket? We'll help resolve this for you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Since now they will respond only when a moderator brings something to their attention? How many moderators have been appointed?

I think that’s an unfair misrepresentation. Perhaps a moderator brought it to their attention?
A moderator only responded after I posted a very negative review of Wiim support on Amazon. Then several days later Wiim responded acknowledging receipt of several “tickets”, waiting for the replacement they offered

I also have the issue. It seems to be getting worse after the April 6 firmware update.

Ethernet connectivity was failing every 7 - 10 days. Now it is failing every 1 - 3 days.

I opened tickets #9322 on March 6, and #10369 on April 5. So far I have only received one reply asking that I confirm I am using the "native (5V, 2A) power supply" suggesting that it might be a low power condition causing the issue. I confirmed I am using the correct supply. I also tried 5V, 2.2A power supply for a couple of days and it did not help.

@WiiM Support - Please let me know how to proceed?

Thanks,
Jay

I also have the issue. It seems to be getting worse after the April 6 firmware update.

Ethernet connectivity was failing every 7 - 10 days. Now it is failing every 1 - 3 days.

I opened tickets #9322 on March 6, and #10369 on April 5. So far I have only received one reply asking that I confirm I am using the "native (5V, 2A) power supply" suggesting that it might be a low power condition causing the issue. I confirmed I am using the correct supply. I also tried 5V, 2.2A power supply for a couple of days and it did not help.

@WiiM Support - Please let me know how to proceed?

Thanks,
Jay
I’d raise another ticket referring to this post and your previous tickets - I guess there’s a better chance of them seeing it that way as they don’t frequent the forum as often as previously, plus it’ll give them another chance to inspect your device logs

Back