Wiim Pro losing network connection

bowser

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:

Same issue, opened a ticket.

This device is connected via Ethernet to my router as well as my streaming device, both in the same subnet. When this happens it's as if the device just does not connect via spotify connect. I can stream music though so it's not my internet connection nor router.

When this happened both a reboot of the WiiM Pro and my Router did not have any effect on the audio playback via Ethernet, the device would be discoverable but reject connections via Spotify connect. Spotify would work regardless.

In the WiiM Home app I then swapped the Source of the device to Bluetooth and paired my tablet to the device, this worked without issues. I then tried to change back to Ethernet source and same, device wouldn't connect via Spotify connect but it's discoverable. Restarted the app and same issue, could still stream music though.

Unsure why this is happening and I just bought this device this week but it seems as the Ethernet port freezes after a couple of days.
I have set it to Standby> Never but wish I could schedule reboots to maybe clear cache that could be causing the issue?

Getting the drop every two days now. My Wiim Pro is connected to a LPS so I've started restarting that and then I get another two days.
My ticket has seen nothing since April 27th. Says, "Pending Eng Review" whatever that means. Ethernet connection.

Getting the drop every two days now. My Wiim Pro is connected to a LPS so I've started restarting that and then I get another two days.
My ticket has seen nothing since April 27th. Says, "Pending Eng Review" whatever that means. Ethernet connection.
Pending Engineering Review, I would imagine.

This device is connected via Ethernet to my router as well as my streaming device, both in the same subnet. When this happens it's as if the device just does not connect via spotify connect. I can stream music though so it's not my internet connection nor router.

When this happened both a reboot of the WiiM Pro and my Router did not have any effect on the audio playback via Ethernet, the device would be discoverable but reject connections via Spotify connect. Spotify would work regardless.

In the WiiM Home app I then swapped the Source of the device to Bluetooth and paired my tablet to the device, this worked without issues. I then tried to change back to Ethernet source and same, device wouldn't connect via Spotify connect but it's discoverable. Restarted the app and same issue, could still stream music though.

Unsure why this is happening and I just bought this device this week but it seems as the Ethernet port freezes after a couple of days.
I have set it to Standby> Never but wish I could schedule reboots to maybe clear cache that could be causing the issue?
If you're mostly having Spotify Connect issues, try this.

Edit - although... pro on ethernet, ipv6 setting won't be there to toggle!
What about preferred dns server? Does toggling that help?

Last edited:

Hi Sombra,

We'll follow up with you from the ticket and whitelist you with new firmware to fix it today. This is not due to the Ethernet connection. There's an improvement in the Spotify eSDK that the new firmware includes. Please stay tuned! Thank you!

Hi Sombra,

We'll follow up with you from the ticket and whitelist you with new firmware to fix it today. This is not due to the Ethernet connection. There's an improvement in the Spotify eSDK that the new firmware includes. Please stay tuned! Thank you!
Help me understand...
If there's a new Spotify eSDK that an as yet unreleased firmware includes, how does this isue not affect everyone using Spotify connect?

Help me understand...
If there's a new Spotify eSDK that an as yet unreleased firmware includes, how does this isue not affect everyone using Spotify connect?
Hi Mr Ee,

This's not a bug but more like a performance improvement. In some user's regions, connecting to Spotify's music server via Spotify Connect is more difficult. We made some improvements to this. However, for most users, it doesn't affect them. I hope it clarifies. Thank you!

Hi, as a recent owner of a WIIM pro, I can report that the unit has serious problems to get connected to a Netgear108T GEthernet switch.
Actually , it doesn't, at all!
It works - for me - connected directly to the Fiber modem or via powerline plug. I may think the problem lies in the configuration of the WIIM Ethernet port, just because it won't connect on working infrastructure, i.e. with a cable connection working with Linux/Windows computer.
@WiiM Support and @WiiM Team:
Could you please publish the settings the Ethernet ports is expecting from its counterpart ? I would then tewak my switch into them and publish results.
Perhaps, that would suit your FAQ related to Ethernet. I would think that may help effectively many of your customer to succeed over their problems.

Hi, as a recent owner of a WIIM pro, I can report that the unit has serious problems to get connected to a Netgear108T GEthernet switch.
It works - for me - connected directly to the Fiber modem or via powerline plug. I may think the problem lies in the configuration of the WIIM Ethernet port, just because it won't connect on working infrastructure, i.e. with a cable connection working with Linux/Windows computer.
Could you please publish the settings the Ethernet ports is expecting from its counterpart ? I would then tewak my switch into them and publish results.
Perhaps, that would suit your FAQ related to Ethernet. I would think that may help effectively many of your customer to succeed over their problems.
In addition I can report that the MAC adress of the ethernet port won't be shown correctly in the WIIM app, latest build. An error easy to fix, I would think ?

Remember a two-day workshop back in 2022, shortly after the Covid restrictions.
An out-of-the-box system with a cheap router and its power supply, cheap power cables and ethernet cable. So that what you normally get from your ISP as a starter kit.
v/s
A no-nonsense, no snake oil system with an actual Fritzbox, a decent and reasonable power supply and mechanically solid cables. All as good shielded as possible inside a certain budget. No "audiophile" hoax, just well built. Costs: ≈400 € all over.
As a non physician I have no idea or knowledge about different influences, just followed an advise from a friend. A "better sound quality" was listenable for some participants. For a natural born sceptic like me it definitively was not. But the experience I grabbed out of this two days: The network stood stable with absolutely no drop-outs.
Of course I cannot judge special situations, but may be it is interesting for one or another and for sure no waste of money.

It's a manageable switch, did you try with setting as close to the factory ones as possible, with all Green functions disabled?

WiiM did say they’d fix that at some point.
Salut Brantome,
how, and did it get lost during more important upgrade?
I had the problems the day before yesterday and fixed it differently.
But that's not for everyone and not for any use case ... i.E. when you want to use them in more difficult to access situation like outdoor audio , for example ...

It's a manageable switch, did you try with setting as close to the factory ones as possible, with all Green functions disabled?
Hi onlyoneme, no, I did not want to bother with the switch until I know what would be expected. There are other devices on it that work without issue. Never change ...

Have Wiim pro and now Wiim amp.....same issue. Units work fine when connected and using .....then the next day come home and can't get working again without force stopping app and turning wi-fi on and off on Android phone. Frustrating

Have Wiim pro and now Wiim amp.....same issue. Units work fine when connected and using .....then the next day come home and can't get working again without force stopping app and turning wi-fi on and off on Android phone. Frustrating
So the WiiM's are discoverable by other devices on the network, just not your phone as it's switching from mobile to Wi-Fi?
If you perform a network scan (using Fing app) from your phone before you toggle your Wi-Fi does it display the WiiM's?

So the WiiM's are discoverable by other devices on the network, just not your phone as it's switching from mobile to Wi-Fi?
If you perform a network scan (using Fing app) from your phone before you toggle your Wi-Fi does it display the WiiM's?
The WIIM app says that it is connected to my spectrum network but can't find the app.
The new amp is connected to the WiFi because I can hit play on the remote and it starts playing music I ended the night before. The app just won't connect to the network to join with the hardware. Once I toggle my wifi on and off on the phone and restart the Wiim amp it joins.

Back