Wiim Pro losing network connection

bowser

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:

New replacement PRO from Wii. Same issues, they are timely in responding to ticket submitted. My App gives no option for disabling Wi-Fi (toggle shown in instructions under DNS Server, mine shows "Wi-Fi Roaming). Other instruction is to go to "Browse", scroll down "click Ethernet, unfortunately does not exist, shown are : Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Line In, SPDIF In. I have deleted and reinstalled APP, same issue (version of APP:2.4.4.23042715). This is the current version on Apple APP store. app log just sent to WiiM support.
Same results after factory reset?

Same results after factory reset?
Yes, My version of app does not have options shown on WiiM instructions emailed to me, also noticed that some users have ROON READY in browse options. Wondering how to determine latest version of app? PRO is streaming music as ROON endpoint.

I know what version of app I have, posted in reply to Gscott. Wondering what the version of app that users are using that
now" shows "ROON READY" since Friday 4/28/23
I think those handful that have reported that just experienced a glitch between app and firmware versions. I’d not consider that as intentional or official otherwise WiiM would have announced the feature.

Also, re your issues, the Network Status and Audio Input screens you mention are what you see if you are wifi connected, which suggests that your replacement Pro doesn’t recognise that you have inserted a Lan cable. I realise you may have already tried in the past, but can you try a different cable, router port etc? It’s very strange for two units to show the same error.

Also, re your issues, the Network Status and Audio Input screens you mention are what you see if you are wifi connected, which suggests that your replacement Pro doesn’t recognise that you have inserted a Lan cable. I realise you may have already tried in the past, but can you try a different cable, router port etc? It’s very strange for two units to show the same error.
Try unplugging the power from the Pro and your router. reset the Ethernet cables or, try a different one as suggested by Brantome, power them back up. I agree with Brantome....that is strange.

As a corollary to my previous comment, I should have made it clearer that the app changes the contents of those two pages if it detects an Ethernet cable, it’s not a different version of the app that does that. If an Ethernet cable is detected, it shows what WiiM say : if it doesn’t detect a cable, it assumes you want wifi and shows the pages you see.

As a corollary to my previous comment, I should have made it clearer that the app changes the contents of those two pages if it detects an Ethernet cable, it’s not a different version of the app that does that. If an Ethernet cable is detected, it shows what WiiM say : if it doesn’t detect a cable, it assumes you want wifi and shows the pages you see.
I agree. On my old unit if I killed the power to the Pro for about 10-15 seconds the Pro would detect the ethernet cable. Re initializing the units may or may not help. Nothing to lose at this point.

That's bad luck, really. Just for my curiosity: Did you try power cable out - power cable in? Here it solves the issue with the missing ethernet in "audio in".
Have a good Labour Day!

Rebooted Netgear ORBI mesh router, changed port PRO was plugged in on Netgear GS305v3 switch, changed Ethernet cable from Bellkens CAT6 to Audioquest Carbon Ethernet cable: Ethernet now connected, shows in app. Will wonders never cease. WiiM support was very helpful in responding quickly

Rebooted Netgear ORBI mesh router, changed port PRO was plugged in on Netgear GS305v3 switch, changed Ethernet cable from Bellkens CAT6 to Audioquest Carbon Ethernet cable: Ethernet now connected, shows in app. Will wonders never cease. WiiM support was very helpful in responding quickly
Wonders? A cheap cat 5 cable is enough if not damaged and connected to the properly working port of the switch or router.

(y)

FYI! I've not had any connection issues with the replacement Pro!

Just chiming in with another report of this problem. I’ve realised after having the pro for a few weeks that every two or three days it will get itself disconnected from my wired network. It stops showing as an AirPlay destination on iOS, and then if I open the Wiim app sure enough I get the search interface. Pulling the plug and putting it back in again causes it to reconnect within a few seconds.

This is maddening! I have a very simple network (just my ISP router and a Cisco switch). No firewalls, no other custom setup on the router, no other unusual setup, nothing. Every other device I’ve ever had on my wired network has been rock solid.

This issue is well known and I am confident that the WiiM people are aware of it. It is the reason I use a power supply with a switch. And hopefully it will be solved.

Just chiming in with another report of this problem. I’ve realised after having the pro for a few weeks that every two or three days it will get itself disconnected from my wired network. It stops showing as an AirPlay destination on iOS, and then if I open the Wiim app sure enough I get the search interface. Pulling the plug and putting it back in again causes it to reconnect within a few seconds.

This is maddening! I have a very simple network (just my ISP router and a Cisco switch). No firewalls, no other custom setup on the router, no other unusual setup, nothing. Every other device I’ve ever had on my wired network has been rock solid.
I understand your frustration. My best advice is to make WiiM support aware of the issue and to work with them until it is resolved. Make sure you've eliminated the obvious: changing ports on the router or switch...changing ethernet cables...power cycling both the Pro and the router...re-seating the ethernet cable.

Hi
After investigating my ticket, the support concluded it was a problem between my unit (the second btw) and my router. They very nicely send me a new one, but sadly, after 3 days of testing, same problem…device must be rebooted in order to be find over ethernet. So 3 brand new devices, and still the same problem.
Using only wifi, everything is fine.
Hope it can be solved in a future firmware update.

Last edited:
Back