Wiim Pro losing network connection

bowser

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:

Same issue ; losing connection after a few days (over ethernet)
tried a replacement unit, still not working
I really hope this is a firmware linked problem

Same issue ; losing connection after a few days (over ethernet)
tried a replacement unit, still not working
I really hope this is a firmware linked problem
Well! That’s discouraging. Let’s hope for the best. I have to laugh at this point. Open the WiiM app to listen to music this morning on the soon to be replaced Pro….”searching for device.”

I also have the issue. It seems to be getting worse after the April 6 firmware update.

Ethernet connectivity was failing every 7 - 10 days. Now it is failing every 1 - 3 days.

I opened tickets #9322 on March 6, and #10369 on April 5. So far I have only received one reply asking that I confirm I am using the "native (5V, 2A) power supply" suggesting that it might be a low power condition causing the issue. I confirmed I am using the correct supply. I also tried 5V, 2.2A power supply for a couple of days and it did not help.

@WiiM Support - Please let me know how to proceed?

Thanks,
Jay
Hi Jay,

We followed up on your ticket and please help provide more information to us. Thank you!

Mine too. Let's hope so.
UPS has ”lost” my replacement from WiiM that was shipped 2nd day delivery On 4/21/23. UPS shows it was shipped on 4/21 from Louisville facility, went to Massachusetts then back to Louisville then someplace else. I live in Hawaii. Tracking now shows maybe 27th. Hope you have better luck

UPS has ”lost” my replacement from WiiM that was shipped 2nd day delivery On 4/21/23. UPS shows it was shipped on 4/21 from Louisville facility, went to Massachusetts then back to Louisville then someplace else. I live in Hawaii. Tracking now shows maybe 27th. Hope you have better luck
That's unfortunate. Received mine yesterday. So far no connection issues. I did notice the new one setup correctly on the first try, with Ethernet. I had connection issues right out of the box with the old one.

That's unfortunate. Received mine yesterday. So far no connection issues. I did notice the new one setup correctly on the first try, with Ethernet. I had connection issues right out of the box with the old one.
Hi Gscott,

Please send us feedback on the new WiiM Pro from the WiiM Home App. It'll be helpful for us to debug the issue in the old one (by comparing the old and new one). I appreciate your help!

The “lost by UPS” replacement was found last night in a planter by garage, (must have been delivered in early evening, found this morning). Set up successful except for “Ethernet” connection, WIFI signal very strong but no option in settings under Audio Input for Ethernet. Options are: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,Line In, SPDIF in. There has to be a way to access Ethernet. Any suggestions from anyone or moderator? App Version: 2.4.3.23040714

The “lost by UPS” replacement was found last night in a planter by garage, (must have been delivered in early evening, found this morning). Set up successful except for “Ethernet” connection, WIFI signal very strong but no option in settings under Audio Input for Ethernet. Options are: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,Line In, SPDIF in. There has to be a way to access Ethernet. Any suggestions from anyone or moderator? App Version: 2.4.3.23040714
Interesting! I would try setting it up again. I would do a factory reset then unplug it for 30 seconds. That's what I had to do with the old unit. If you have the same issue...not seeing ethernet when setting up, contact WiiM support. They will make it right!

The “lost by UPS” Pro was found this morning in a planter by garage (must have been delivered late yesterday/evening). Setup went fine except no option in Audio In for Ethernet. Turned off toggles as suggested in much earlier postings on subject. 5GHz only-off,Preferred DNS server-off,Wi-Fi roaming-off, Enable IPv6-on. Wi-Fi Strength-Very Good. Audio Input settings: Wi-Fi,Bluetooth,Line In, SPDIF In. Supplied power supplied installed. Ethernet cable work fine. App Version: 2.4.3.23040714. PRO installed latest firmware/software when setup. Any suggestions from moderator or members? Thanks

Interesting! I would try setting it up again. I would do a factory reset then unplug it for 30 seconds. That's what I had to do with the old unit. If you have the same issue...not seeing ethernet when setting up, contact WiiM support. They will make it right!
Sorry for the repost, will try reset as you suggested

I’m giving up ; device lost connection two times this week. It could have been a top product, but this non working ethernet is ruining it (and sadly no feedback to my support ticket)

Maybe it's only a coincidence. But this issue stopped when I began to make a "reboot" via the app every time I sit down to listen. When I started with Windows 3.1 decades ago (after a long time with MS DOS), what was a humbling experience, the most used hint by our IT anarchists was always "Try a new start, it fits every problem!"
So, as long as it works for me, I am fine with it. Trusting that the WiiM guys are working on it.
Similar with a lost ethernet connection: Power off (cable out) and power on (cable in) solves it.
That is not granting the WiiM guys to let it be, but as long as their work last it will save my nerves. 😉

Maybe it's only a coincidence. But this issue stopped when I began to make a "reboot" via the app every time I sit down to listen. When I started with Windows 3.1 decades ago (after a long time with MS DOS), what was a humbling experience, the most used hint by our IT anarchists was always "Try a new start, it fits every problem!"
So, as long as it works for me, I am fine with it. Trusting that the WiiM guys are working on it.
Similar with a lost ethernet connection: Power off (cable out) and power on (cable in) solves it.
That is not granting the WiiM guys to let it be, but as long as their work last it will save my nerves. 😉
New replacement PRO from Wii. Same issues, they are timely in responding to ticket submitted. My App gives no option for disabling Wi-Fi (toggle shown in instructions under DNS Server, mine shows "Wi-Fi Roaming). Other instruction is to go to "Browse", scroll down "click Ethernet, unfortunately does not exist, shown are : Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Line In, SPDIF In. I have deleted and reinstalled APP, same issue (version of APP:2.4.4.23042715). This is the current version on Apple APP store. app log just sent to WiiM support.

Back