Wiim Pro losing network connection

bowser

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:

Happened only moments ago. Not used the Pro for two days. Decided to listen to music today, DEVICE NOT FOUND. Pulled the power cord for a few seconds…didn’t work. Pulled it again…worked without losing any presets or previous settings. If not for the fact I like streaming music in the background without firing up my PC, this thing would be available on EBAY. I’ve sent feedback four or five times. Wonder if WIIM does RMA exchanges.
They offered after 100+hours to exchange my “defective” PRO. It had already been returned to Amazon. Quests you have to submit numerous “tickets” to get a response from WiiM

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:
Absolutely the same here, so don't search for the reason in your own local network.

I did write wiim, right? :p
Shame. Seems like an obvious control to see if it's a network or device issue, even if you only left your wiim with your buddy to try for a couple of days.

I did write wiim, right? :p
Shame. Seems like an obvious control to see if it's a network or device issue, even if you only left your wiim with your buddy to try for a couple of days.
But should I have to do that? WiiM should figure this out or RMA this unit. Obviously, this is not an isolated issue as seen by the responses to my original post. I will work with WiiM support…if they ever respond, to resolve the problem.

But should I have to do that? WiiM should figure this out or RMA this unit. Obviously, this is not an isolated issue as seen by the responses to my original post. I will work with WiiM support…if they ever respond, to resolve the problem.
I agree that you shouldn't have to do this, but it might give you, or wiim, a better chance of understanding the problem.

And just think of all the praise you'd get here if this helped resolve the issue!!

I think I can reproduce the issue by a series of manually induced reboots via the app.

At least in my setup, most reboots are without flaws, meaning that the device gets automatically reconnected.
But every 3 or 5 reboots, the device is not detected by the Wiim Home App on iOs anymore, (and it costs 10 minutes or so to get it working again, which is maddening.)

I follow every step in the app, even pressing the play button until the LED blinks, to no avail.
Sometimes the device is already recognized while the app still instructs you to press the play button (just go back one step and its already there).
But sometimes, its not.

A workaround in such a situation is:
  • unplug the device from power and wait 30 seconds, then reconnect
  • meanwhile, close the app and reopen it when the device is turned on again.
Most of the time, at least in my setup, the device is instantly recognised again.

(I wont factory-reset my device, even if this is another workaround, because disconnecting from power is enough).

• Router Fritz Box 7590, Mesh Network,
  • Fixed/preferred IP set up for Wiim Pro
  • Wiim Pro connected via LAN
  • Wiim Home App on iOS
  • The LAN cable has no flaws and is perfectly able to connect with other devices in my network.
  • During the test, the iPhone stays in the exact position and is not changing anything (according to the Fritz Box mesh monitor)

When the issue occurs, the device is not reachable via ping in my network (that is, if you are quick enough with the ping during the test, the device is reachable, but more and more pings arent getting through, until it stops being reachable).

The MAC address as visible in my network (00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (in the router, or on my Apple Mac Terminal app via "sudo arp -a") is different to the MAC address as displayed in the Wiim App Device Info (B8:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx), but that just an observation and may be unrelated.

I am aware that above is no news for this thread, but hopefully the issue is more reproducible for those who try to find a bug. For me, this does not look like a hardware issue. Maybe the wiim device just crashes and can't be reached anymore until power off/on.

Last edited:
Interesting, I just tried the same and rebooted my Wiim several times while pinging it constantly.
After the 10th reboot (actually the last one I planned to do) I saw something similar like you. A few pings were good, but then it stopped responding and was not available in the app, but sound was working.

I think I can reproduce the issue by a series of manually induced reboots via the app.

At least in my setup, most reboots are without flaws, meaning that the device gets automatically reconnected.
But every 3 or 5 reboots, the device is not detected by the Wiim Home App on iOs anymore, (and it costs 10 minutes or so to get it working again, which is maddening.)

I follow every step in the app, even pressing the play button until the LED blinks, to no avail.
Sometimes the device is already recognized while the app still instructs you to press the play button (just go back one step and its already there).
But sometimes, its not.

A workaround in such a situation is:
  • unplug the device from power and wait 30 seconds, then reconnect
  • meanwhile, close the app and reopen it when the device is turned on again.
Most of the time, at least in my setup, the device is instantly recognised again.

(I wont factory-reset my device, even if this is another workaround, because disconnecting from power is enough).

• Router Fritz Box 7590, Mesh Network,
  • Fixed/preferred IP set up for Wiim Pro
  • Wiim Pro connected via LAN
  • Wiim Home App on iOS
  • The LAN cable has no flaws and is perfectly able to connect with other devices in my network.
  • During the test, the iPhone stays in the exact position and is not changing anything (according to the Fritz Box mesh monitor)

When the issue occurs, the device is not reachable via ping in my network (that is, if you are quick enough with the ping during the test, the device is reachable, but more and more pings arent getting through, until it stops being reachable).

The MAC address as visible in my network (00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (in the router, or on my Apple Mac Terminal app via "sudo arp -a") is different to the MAC address as displayed in the Wiim App Device Info (B8:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx), but that just an observation and may be unrelated.

I am aware that above is no news for this thread, but hopefully the issue is more reproducible for those who try to find a bug. For me, this does not look like a hardware issue. Maybe the wiim device just crashes and can't be reached anymore until power off/on.
The unplug the device for 30 seconds method seems to work most consistently for me...without losing presets and logins.

I’m having a similar issue with WiFi connection.

When I first setup the WiiMPro, I used NetworkA associated with my DSL service. After a week or so, I reconfigured the WIIM to use WiFi NetworkB associated with my Starlink service.

The WIIMPro worked fine for a listening session, but when I tried to use it again after several days, the iPhone app reported that device could not be found on NetworkB. Did some checking, discovered WiiM has reverted to a NetworkA connection. So I reconfigured WiiM to NetworkB and all was fine rest of the day. Few days later, same thing. Rinse and repeat. Few days later, sane thing, rinse and repeat.

What’s up with this?

When I first setup the WiiMPro, I used NetworkA associated with my DSL service. After a week or so, I reconfigured the WIIM to use WiFi NetworkB associated with my Starlink service.

The WIIMPro worked fine for a listening session, but when I tried to use it again after several days, the iPhone app reported that device could not be found on NetworkB. Did some checking, discovered WiiM has reverted to a NetworkA connection. So I reconfigured WiiM to NetworkB and all was fine rest of the day. Few days later, same thing. Rinse and repeat. Few days later, sane thing, rinse and repeat.

What’s up with this?
On going issue for some.

I switched from ethernet to WiFi a few days ago and it works flawless so far.
Anyway, i would prefer the ethernet connection and that was the reason to buy the "pro". But ethernet loses connection every 2 or 3 days.

I switched from ethernet to WiFi a few days ago and it works flawless so far.
Anyway, i would prefer the ethernet connection and that was the reason to buy the "pro". But ethernet loses connection every 2 or 3 days.
Ethernet implementation has had different issues from the start. Search Ethernet issues in the forums.

Ethernet implementation has had different issues from the start. Search Ethernet issues in the forums.
Well, took a few days to build a new PC. Decided to listen to music tonight….guess what happened. My olde friend…”Device Not Found.” Unplugged for 30 seconds 3 times. WiiM found on the 3rd try with no loss of the two presets I dare to save!!!

What’s up with this?
Hi fordblue,

If you prefer to use the NetworkB with WiiM Pro, you can first restore the device to the factory setting by pressing and holding the "Play" button for 10 seconds until you hear the voice prompt "Restore to factory settings". Then reconfigure it to your NetworkB. Please let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

Our team is also working on the improvement that the WiiM Pro will connect to the latest network when it reconnects. It'll be released in our next firmware update. It'll help this use case too.

Well, took a few days to build a new PC. Decided to listen to music tonight….guess what happened. My olde friend…”Device Not Found.” Unplugged for 30 seconds 3 times. WiiM found on the 3rd try with no loss of the two presets I dare to save!!!
Hi Gscott,

If you have sent the ticket to us about this disconnection issue, please let me know the ticket number, and we'll fix this issue for you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Back