Wiim Pro losing network connection

bowser

Hi,

I notice quite often that the App doesn't find the Wiim Pro anymore.
App troubleshooting suggests that my phone is not in the same Wifi, but the Wiim is connected via Ethernet and my phone is in the same network.
Wiim App on my iPad doesn't find it either.
If this happens the Pro is also not available in my router, so it seems like it's completely losing the network connection.
Chromecast/Airplay is also no longer available, but Bluetooth is. Optical-in and analog-out is still working.

After restarting the Pro (via unplugging the power), everything works fine again. Feels like this happens every second day. I also tried another network cable, but didn't change anything.
Are there any tipps to improve this?
Never had a network device that unreliable :confused:

The WIIM app says that it is connected to my spectrum network but can't find the app.
The new amp is connected to the WiFi because I can hit play on the remote and it starts playing music I ended the night before. The app just won't connect to the network to join with the hardware. Once I toggle my wifi on and off on the phone and restart the Wiim amp it joins.
It sounds like the discovery broadcasts aren't making it to the LAN (or the replies aren't making it back). Can you connect with UPnP control points or streaming clients?

It sounds like the discovery broadcasts aren't making it to the LAN (or the replies aren't making it back). Can you connect with UPnP control points or streaming clients?
Yesterday I went into my phones wifi setting and removed 3 saves wifi connections from work and a coffee shop I visit. Just forgot them which is the Android option which removes them from automatically joining when they are in range. This left only my home wifi for my phone to join.....well I got home tonight and hit the Wiim app and it connected quickly and started streaming from where I left off last night......I'll see how it does for a couple days.....who knows...

No fix yet.....only fix is to force stop app when I get home after work and restart Wiim app and it hooks right up. I've found that even leaving phone at home all weekend without losing WiFi connection doesn't help. The app must unregister or something from the WiFi if not used for a period of time.....it's all Dutch to me......?

No fix yet.....only fix is to force stop app when I get home after work and restart Wiim app and it hooks right up. I've found that even leaving phone at home all weekend without losing WiFi connection doesn't help. The app must unregister or something from the WiFi if not used for a period of time.....it's all Dutch to me......?
Previously you said you had to toggle WiFI, but now just force closing the WiiM app works?

As a test, when the WiiM app fails to connect try the BubbleUPnP app or a streaming services app if you use one.

Is this the only problem you're having with discovery?

Back