WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
Using Alexacast for Amazon UHD 24/192, has anyone compared the Wimm Pro internal DAC vs. streaming via Airplay from the Node2i (therefore lower 24/48 bitrate) using the Node2i’s presumably better internal DAC?

I’m curious if it’s worth ditching the Node2i for the Wiim Pro without getting an external DAC.
Depending on what you can get for your used Node2i, if you use Amazon Unlimited, you will probably gain significant upgrades in UX as well as sonics using a WiiM Pro coupled with a Schiit Modi Multibit 2 for about the same cost. Even the regular Modi+ will be an improvement. I don't have the latter, and I no longer have a Node2i, but I've fed my Pro through my OG Modi Multibit and with any reasonably resolving system, the difference in audio quality is palpable. The just released MM2 will be even better, according to people who've compared them directly -- likely surpassing any other DAC under $500 and many under $1000.

In terms of UX with Amazon Music, the Pro is a significant upgrade over the Node2i and Heos. No contest.

Hi, I have a question about MQA.

Coldplay politik mqa tidal connect = 1698/24/96

Coldplay politik mqa WiiM app =
1738/24/48

Very strange.

Universal audio player pro shows the file unfolded
1738/24/192

Do I need to use tidal connect to get mqa decoding ?

Worth noting that the 12V trigger is 2.5mm. My trigger chain only uses 3.5mm, guess I'll have to wait a few more days for a 2.5mm adapter to get here so I can power my amp and sub with the Pro.

I have smsl do200 mk ii and the toggle switch on wiim mqa has no effect I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not. Regardless if mqa decoder is on or not my dac display mqa even if it’s off.

I have smsl do200 mk ii and the toggle switch on wiim mqa has no effect I’m not sure if it’s a bug or not. Regardless if mqa decoder is on or not my dac display mqa even if it’s off.
Is it possible that Wiim Pro just passes everything to DAC if MQA-capable DAC is detected?

I don’t know if it’s just me or what using amazon hd vs tidal mqa I like mqa sound despite controversial lossy format. When mqa shows with blue light which mean it was studio quality it was sound realistic and addicting sound.

You seem to prefer the way MQA modifies audio data over unaltered version. Of course I assume you do not compare apples to oranges...

You seem to prefer the way MQA modifies audio data over unaltered version. Of course I assume you do not compare apples to oranges...
Yes it seems that way much like when they remastered the music where they use different eq till it sound good on sound engineer.

My Wiim Pro just arrived, and it’s seriously fantastic! Finally, I’m streaming Amazon UHD at 24/192 from my iphone!! So far, I’m using the RCA out (internal DAC) to my tube amp. Eventually, I’ll insert a Schiit Modius E into the chain, but for now I’m super impressed! Sounds great, and I like seeing the kbps, and bit rate on the Wiim app. Goodbye Bluesound Node!

Attachments

• 79574FD2-E779-4484-AC26-6B3AFEB8FACC.jpeg
    79574FD2-E779-4484-AC26-6B3AFEB8FACC.jpeg
    864.8 KB · Views: 20
  • FF840DA7-E8D6-4908-87E2-96D40589EB9D.jpeg
    FF840DA7-E8D6-4908-87E2-96D40589EB9D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
My Wiim Pro just arrived, and it’s seriously fantastic! Finally, I’m streaming Amazon UHD at 24/192 from my iphone!! So far, I’m using the RCA out (internal DAC) to my tube amp. Eventually, I’ll insert a Schiit Modius E into the chain, but for now I’m super impressed! Sounds great, and I like seeing the kbps, and bit rate on the Wiim app. Goodbye Bluesound Node!
You can further improve its sound quality using external dac. I’m using smsl do200 mk ii and have 2 streaming services from amazon and tidal. I don’t know maybe just me I like the sound of full mqa over the sound of amazon hd. In my ear it’s just that exciting so your miles may vary.

You can further improve its sound quality using external dac. I’m using smsl do200 mk ii and have 2 streaming services from amazon and tidal. I don’t know maybe just me I like the sound of full mqa over the sound of amazon hd. In my ear it’s just that exciting so your miles may vary.
I was using Tidal/MQA with my Bluesound before, but I decided to leave the lossy route and go the FLAC route. In addition to being philosophically opposed to MQA’s proprietary fees, I just wanted to be more of a purist, and go lossless. TBH, both ways sounded good to me! But, to your point, I will get an external DAC soon!

I was using Tidal/MQA with my Bluesound before, but I decided to leave the lossy route and go the FLAC route. In addition to being philosophically opposed to MQA’s proprietary fees, I just wanted to be more of a purist, and go lossless. TBH, both ways sounded good to me! But, to your point, I will get an external DAC soon!
The one I got has dual chip ess 9068 and 5 high end ops amp for analog out. It’s not high end but in middle of the line as it cost sub 500. It was tested on ASR and result was among the finest in term SNR and THD. Some reviewer would give their opinion based on listening test while ASR was based on measurements and not so much feedback regarding how it sound. Best thing to do is trust your ear and who cares what everyone think.

The one I got has dual chip ess 9068 and 5 high end ops amp for analog out. It’s not high end but in middle of the line as it cost sub 500. It was tested on ASR and result was among the finest in term SNR and THD. Some reviewer would give their opinion based on listening test while ASR was based on measurements and not so much feedback regarding how it sound. Best thing to do is trust your ear and who cares what everyone think.
Agreed - we’re spoiled for great options these days. Enjoy!

I have the SMSL DO200 MKII too, and it is the best sound I've heard, no matter it's Amazon HD or Tidal MQA (I have both streaming services). It even brought all my old speakers to life.

The downsides, currently it's connected via USB OUT on Mac Studio, so Wiim Pro will have the advantage to stream direct without the USB cable.

I still plan on putting the DAC in between Wiim Pro and my amp though.

Last edited:
Back