WiiM Pro Preview

Here's a rendering of what WiiM Pro will look like. We're expecting WiiM Pro to launch by early December and will be sold through Amazon.com. More info will be on our website www.wiimhome.com. Please stay tuned! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think of WiiM Pro 🤔

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.53.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.52.29 PM.png

Tech Specs
Software
  • Chromecast Audio
  • AirPlay 2
  • DLNA
  • (Roon Ready expected late Dec or early Q1 2023) - updated
  • MICless Amazon Alexa Voice Service
    (AVS) MRM (Multi-Room)
  • BT A2DP Source and Sink
  • Linkplay streaming services and multiroom
  • Spotify Connect/TIDAL Connect/Amazon Music cast
  • HD Output 24-bit/192kHz
  • Bit perfect output
  • True gapless playback
  • 10-band EQ or 24 Preset EQs
  • TI Audiophile DAC
  • Frequent FW/App updates
  • Mobile and PC App
Button and LED
  • Capacitive touch control: Play/Pause, Volume +, Volume -, 1 x Presets
  • LED: BT/WiFi/Line-in modes
Hardware
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, BT5.1, Ethernet (100M)
  • Line In RCA
  • Optical In
  • Line out RCA
  • Digital Coaxial Out
  • Optical SPDIF Out
  • USB Type-C power
  • 12v Trigger for AMP
  • Mic for Multiroom audio auto-sync
  • SBC and AAC codec

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W

Attachments

• WiiM Pro (front).png
    WiiM Pro (front).png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,179
  • WiiM Pro (back).png
    WiiM Pro (back).png
    24 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:
I know Roon is delayed but aren’t we supposed to get the final release of MQA support on the 15th? Or is this delayed too?

The dates on the roadmap are estimates, I wouldn’t get too hung up on them. Do you have a specific issue with the MQA beta you’re expecting the public release to fix?

How are you playing it? In the wiim app, alexa cast, chromecast?
I saw your same message in another thread that said alexacast, but there has been some confusion between that and chromecast before.
If casting, is it to a square or round icon?
I thought chromecast (square) didn't support gapless.
I don't see a round icon at all on my Amazon music app? Now I'm thinking my issue might be pretty basic. Little embarrassing but don't think I've figured out how to update my firmware. My Wiim app version is 2.3.8. How do i update it? Don't see an update function on the Wiim Home app.

I don't see a round icon at all on my Amazon music app? Now I'm thinking my issue might be pretty basic. Little embarrassing but don't think I've figured out how to update my firmware. My Wiim app version is 2.3.8. How do i update it? Don't see an update function on the Wiim Home app.
Have you linked to Alexa in the WiiM app? If you do, the WiiM device will appear with a round AlexaCast icon in the Amazon Music app casting device list. If you have a WiiM Pro and similarly have enabled Chromecast in the WiiM app, you’ll also see a rectangular casting entry in that list.

Have you linked to Alexa in the WiiM app? If you do, the WiiM device will appear with a round AlexaCast icon in the Amazon Music app casting device list. If you have a WiiM Pro and similarly have enabled Chromecast in the WiiM app, you’ll also see a rectangular casting entry in that list.
That worked! Now, how do i update the firmware?

You wait till WiiM get round to it - normally takes a few days after the first units get it for everyone to get it as they do a batch rollout
Great, so I can’t manually look to see if my device has the latest firmware. Thank you.

Hit the gear to go the settings page for the player and select info
That would be Speaker Info. ;)

FWIW, my current firmware version is 4.8.503558, dated 4 Jan 2023. People who get firmware patches that correct specific reported issues may have a later build number until the various patches are folded into the next general release.

Hi Smartplug, the device firmware is OK now but we're still working on the configuration UIs on the WiiM Home App. It takes longer time than what we expected and we have to postpone this release to Feb. Our apologies for the delay!
Thanks for the update. I’m really looking forward to the release. Do you know what it will look like or general info?

Also, would love to see more custom save spots for the standard EQ.

Thanks for making such a great product!

Hi Ralph, the remote will be released in late Dec as the separate listing. We'll have two SKUs for Pro (with or without remote). Currently, the preset on the WiiM Pro can be assigned as any one of the 12 presets, while the remote buttons correspond to the preset 1 to 4 of the App. By long pressing the preset button, you can save the "Now playing" as the preset. We have a plan to extend the capability of these preset buttons such that you can define some shortcut actions instead of playing presets. You can define this shortcut action as "grouping devices then play certain music", or "switch input source, set certain volume, apply EQ" etc on WiiM Home App. We would like to hear more ideas about your use cases from our community related to these shortcut buttons.
Any update to release date of the remote control?

Thanks for the update. I’m really looking forward to the release. Do you know what it will look like or general info?

Also, would love to see more custom save spots for the standard EQ.

Thanks for making such a great product!
Hi Austica,

Thank you for your great suggestion. We'll add the option to save more custom EQs shortly. Please stay tuned!

The Roon team is currently certifying it and will let you know when it's ready for release. We're aiming for Feb time frame for Roon Ready release for WiiM Pro.

@WiiM Team ... is there any chance of getting answer to this, I've asked it several times in threads where the Wiim Team and WiiM Support are active.
They then posts replies to questons after mine ignoring it can I PLEASE have an answer or the fact you seem to be choosing to ignore it is it reasonable for all to assume you still can't play multiroom in Ultra /HD cast from the Amazon App.
Think you’ve highlighted the wrong comment rather than your own. As I’ve posted, I could only get 24/48 when I cast to an MRM group containing my Pro and an Echo Studio but that’s probably because that’s all the Studio supports. I don’t have a second Pro to see what would happen with two of them.

Will 2 Pros play Amazon Multiroom Ultra/HD?

@WiiM Team ... is there any chance of getting answer to this, I've asked it several times in threads where the Wiim Team and WiiM Support are active.
They then posts replies to questons after mine ignoring it can I PLEASE have an answer or the fact you seem to be choosing to ignore it is it reasonable for all to assume you still can't play multiroom in Ultra /HD cast from the Amazon App.

Hi Witterings,

Sorry for our late reply. The WiiM Pro can support the Ultra/HD cast from the Amazon App to group of WiiM Pro devices or a group of WiiM Pro and Echo devices (latest Echo devices). To do this, you need group the devices from the Alexa App not the WiiM Home App. In the WiiM Home App, when grouping, it still down-sample the Hi-Res audio to 48kHz sample rate. Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

Back