10 PEQ Beta test (Bug Report)

Wiimer

Major Contributor
Android 10 PEQ beta testing.
WiiM amp firmware V 5.0.614351.

Save the initial screen as flat, adjust one band, and then turn it off to change the sound. (It should be back to flat, but it's not.)

Specifically, the volume of the sound that is higher than the adjusted frequency will be lower.
I'm going to post it to explain it to the support team.

This is an unadjusted initial screen.
IMG_20240420_210832.jpg

If play a test tone from the speaker in this state, it will look like this.
IMG_20240420_210936.png

Subsequently, I adjusted the number 4 band.
IMG_20240420_211044.jpg

If play a test tone from the speaker in this state, it will look like this. It's normal, no problem.
IMG_20240420_211156.png

Subsequently, turn off the number 4 band.
IMG_20240420_211243.jpg

This is what happens.
IMG_20240420_211426.png
Normally, it should return to flat, but the volume above 250Hz has been reduced by 3dB.

I think this is probably a bug, but I'm not sure yet.

Save the initial screen as flat, adjust one band, and then turn it off to change the sound. (It should be back to flat, but it's not.)

Specifically, the volume of the sound that is higher than the adjusted frequency will be lower.

View attachment 6622

View attachment 6623

View attachment 6624

If play a test tone from the speaker in this state, it will look like this. It's normal, no problem.
View attachment 6625

View attachment 6626

This is what happens.
View attachment 6627
Normally, it should return to flat, but the volume above 250Hz has been reduced by 3dB.

Guess what, the usual mantra - I think you should submit a ticket referring to this thread ;)

Guess what, the usual mantra - I think you should submit a ticket referring to this thread ;)
Yes, the ticket has already been submitted. 🙂
This is a post to elaborate on them. Sorry, it's hard for me to write this in an WiiM app..😢

I've done a 10-band PEQ test on my WiiM amp. It's easier to use than before, and it's a great accomplishment. 🤗

I did room correction in my small audio room. These are the equipment used.

Mic: Dayton Audio IMM-6
App: AudioTool / Sound Analyzer Pro
WiiM amp
Yamaha RX-A780 (for Ypao comparisons)
Speaker: Focal chorus 716
SW: Polk Audio MXT10
Source:
20Hz-20kHz Sweep (24bit/48kHz wav)
Spotify (20Hz-20kHz Sweep/Bunker Analog)

Measurement results: Before EQ
(AudioTool app)
1000000240.jpg
(Sound Analyzer Pro)
1000000241.jpg

After EQ
1000000242.jpg
1000000243.jpg

Compare WiiM PEQ and YAMAHA Ypao...
(Source: Spotify)

Ypao (Flat)
1000000244.jpg

WiiM PEQ
1000000245.jpg

Ypao PEQ value:
(Left Speaker)
1000000246.jpg
(Right Speaker)
1000000247.jpg

WiiM PEQ value:
1000000248.jpg

I feel that the sound is better after the room correction, but there is still room for adjustment (Some bands are probably unnecessary).

The WiiM PEQ is clearly more powerful than the Ypao. It would be ideal if the WiiM had PEQ for each left and right channel, and speaker distance settings. But I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Thanks to the WiiM Team. 🤗

Attachments

• 1000000241.jpg
    1000000241.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

View attachment 6622

View attachment 6623

View attachment 6624

View attachment 6625

View attachment 6626

This is what happens.
View attachment 6627

Thanks very much for your feedback. Our team will check these issues promptly.

I too have been using the new 10-band PEQ with the Room Correction option - mostly works pretty well - though I submitted a few bugs reports about switching inputs.

What is great about the 10-band EQ is I can now really input in my REW + Umik room eq measurements and compare them with the WiiM room correction - here is an example - not perfect yet but the blue is the WiiM room correction and the yellow is 10 band PEQ using REW etc

Wiim Room Correction compared to REW.jpg

I too have been using the new 10-band PEQ with the Room Correction option - mostly works pretty well - though I submitted a few bugs reports about switching inputs.

What is great about the 10-band EQ is I can now really input in my REW + Umik room eq measurements and compare them with the WiiM room correction - here is an example - not perfect yet but the blue is the WiiM room correction and the yellow is 10 band PEQ using REW etc

View attachment 6714
So is that just using your phone’s mic with the WiiM? Sonically, do you hear much difference?

So is that just using your phone’s mic with the WiiM? Sonically, do you hear much difference?
Yes it was just my iPhones mic and I noticed I was getting very different measurements with some slight movement - so I save what I felt was the best of those measurements then I switch to REW with my Umik and and a generated a quick band PEQ and entered it as an alternative to the WiiM PEQ (saved after the Room correction).

I should also say I am now listening to a separate 10 band PEQ "oratory" autoEQ for my headphones - which I manually entered on my Wiim Pro PEQ and it works great. I think I will suggest that WiiM Add "autoEQ" to their App for headphones (I imagine with the WiiM Ultra this will be needed) but even with the WiiM Pro / Pro Plus connected into a headphone DAC amp it would be a nice feature.

I've done a 10-band PEQ test on my WiiM amp. It's easier to use than before, and it's a great accomplishment. 🤗

I did room correction in my small audio room. These are the equipment used.

Mic: Dayton Audio IMM-6
App: AudioTool / Sound Analyzer Pro
WiiM amp
Yamaha RX-A780 (for Ypao comparisons)
Speaker: Focal chorus 716
SW: Polk Audio MXT10
Source:
20Hz-20kHz Sweep (24bit/48kHz wav)
Spotify (20Hz-20kHz Sweep/Bunker Analog)

Measurement results: Before EQ
(AudioTool app)
View attachment 6658
(Sound Analyzer Pro)
View attachment 6660

After EQ
View attachment 6661
View attachment 6662

Compare WiiM PEQ and YAMAHA Ypao...
(Source: Spotify)

Ypao (Flat)
View attachment 6663

WiiM PEQ
View attachment 6664

Ypao PEQ value:
(Left Speaker)
View attachment 6665
(Right Speaker)
View attachment 6666

WiiM PEQ value:
View attachment 6667

I feel that the sound is better after the room correction, but there is still room for adjustment (Some bands are probably unnecessary).

The WiiM PEQ is clearly more powerful than the Ypao. It would be ideal if the WiiM had PEQ for each left and right channel, and speaker distance settings. But I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Thanks to the WiiM Team. 🤗
Hi Wiimer, Team

Thank you all for your thorough testing and the valuable insights you've provided - it's incredibly helpful. We're taking immediate action to address these issues.

In addition, I'm excited to announce that our team is working on a new feature. Soon, you'll be able to configure the Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) for two channels, either separately or identically. This functionality will become available following the initial public release of the 10-band PEQ. Stay tuned for more updates!

@jeromeof,

Thanks for showing your measurement results.
I haven't been able to test the WiiM RC yet, so it's very helpful. When RC arrives on Android, I would like to compare it. 😁

Hi Wiimer, Team

Thank you all for your thorough testing and the valuable insights you've provided - it's incredibly helpful. We're taking immediate action to address these issues.

In addition, I'm excited to announce that our team is working on a new feature. Soon, you'll be able to configure the Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) for two channels, either separately or identically. This functionality will become available following the initial public release of the 10-band PEQ. Stay tuned for more updates!
Omg
That's very exciting news!
I would like to thank Mr./Ms. of the team for their tireless efforts.
👏🤗👍❤️🥂

Hi Wiimer, Team

Brilliant! That's the right way! :D

Hi Wiimer, Team

Any information when will room correction will be available on general public?

A question for users.

What options are available for filter type?

There are four types - peak, high pass, low pass, and shelving filters. Previously with 4 band, the middle 2 only had the option of 'PK' (Peak), whilst the first and fourth had the option of Peak (PK), High Shelf (HS) or Low Shelf (LS).

What do you get on the 10 now?

Can any be used for high or low pass? Can more than just the first and last be used as shelving filters? If so, how many? Can all be used for peak?

Many thanks.

A question for users.

What options are available for filter type?

There are four types - peak, high pass, low pass, and shelving filters. Previously with 4 band, the middle 2 only had the option of 'PK' (Peak), whilst the first and fourth had the option of Peak (PK), High Shelf (HS) or Low Shelf (LS).

What do you get on the 10 now?

Can any be used for high or low pass? Can more than just the first and last be used as shelving filters? If so, how many? Can all be used for peak?

Many thanks.

I can choose from 3 different filters for all bands.
Screenshot_2024-04-23-17-24-23-456_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Back