Qobuz Chromecast downsample 192khz to 96khz

Marco Antonio

I don’t know why Chromecast downsample 192 kHz to 96 kHz
It should be bitperfect
The first time I used wiim pro Chromecast was bitperfect
Now I have this problem
Solutions ??
Thanks

Bit-perfect is a term commonly used in audio. It is used to describe a player that can play a file without making any changes of any kind.

For example, if your player plays a 24bit/192kHz Hi-Res file on Qobuz, the digital output will propose 24bit/192kHz. Just like if the music file played is a 16Bit/44.1kHz, the digital output will propose 16Bit/44.1kHz, without any modification. A real 1:1 ratio (Input / Output).

This is what we call a real Bit-Perfect reading, as close as possible to the musical reality of the piece played.

Source: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/stre...tiroom-bluetooth-51-24bit-192khz-p-17048.html

Bit-perfect is a term commonly used in audio. It is used to describe a player that can play a file without making any changes of any kind.

For example, if your player plays a 24bit/192kHz Hi-Res file on Qobuz, the digital output will propose 24bit/192kHz. Just like if the music file played is a 16Bit/44.1kHz, the digital output will propose 16Bit/44.1kHz, without any modification. A real 1:1 ratio (Input / Output).

This is what we call a real Bit-Perfect reading, as close as possible to the musical reality of the piece played.

Source: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/stre...tiroom-bluetooth-51-24bit-192khz-p-17048.html
Thank you

I wasn’t wrong
until recently Qobuz Chromecast stream quality was up to 24/192
Qobuz blocked Chromecast quality to 96/24

That's good to know. Was not aware that its a Wiim only limitation.

My chromecast audio started to get hickups at 96Khz/24 too with complicated tracks, One reason I got the WIIM pro.

I understood it was a known bug (that wouldn't be fixed)

With Wiim we get a better eq also 👍🤓

My personal experience with Chromecast is absolutely depressing. I gave it a chance in/with different hardware. F.e. the old Chromecast Audio and built-in in Teufel and Arylic streamers. Not a single one was stable. Clicks and drop-outs most of the time.
Maybe it was only bad luck or coincidence but for me Chromecast is gone. Here I do not write about sound but only about usability.

It has always worked fine for me until I noticed dropouts on 96/24. It didn't do it before so something must have changed in the chromecast or the stream to make it happen. Casting to My Wiim Pro or My Argon Solo via Chromecast still also works fine. I like SQ better when using Chromecast than playing with the WIIM app.

Those issues are probably local network related. Interference, mesh issues, etc.

I do believe in my network!
All other variations, including Airplay, work stable and smooth.
So let me please stay in my believe that I can blame Chromecast 😉

I do believe in my network!
All other variations, including Airplay, work stable and smooth.
So let me please stay in my believe that I can blame Chromecast 😉
Belief is a religion practice. Test and verify instead. Turn everything off and keep on only the relevant items.

Back