Beta Test for WiiM Pro - PEQ, Squeezelite Client and Airplay Transmitter (Cast to Homepod, Sonos and other AirPlay speakers)

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM Pro owners who would like to beta-test our next firmware update which will include the following new features:
  • PEQ
  • Squeezelite Client
  • Airplay Transmitter (Cast to HomePod, Sonos and other AirPlay/AirPlay 2 speakers)

If you're interested please fill out this form and we'll email you when your device has been whitelisted with the beta firmware.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
There’s a new app for both iOS and android. Let us know how peq behave.
Well I have been using the IOS app from 2 days ago but I don't see any more updates today?

I would imagine the PEQ is in a different branch of code than this specific build they gave me - I work in software and with these types of fixes we would normally branch off the code to get to the bottom of one issue and if solved we would merge it back into the 'mainline' codebase.

Well I have been using the IOS app from 2 days ago but I don't see any more updates today?
Havent seen another iOS app upgrade, I think @Smartplug was referring to the iOS and android upgrade at the weekend. There has been an android update today as I mention above to address the airplay casting beta.

I would imagine the PEQ is in a different branch of code than this specific build they gave me - I work in software and with these types of fixes we would normally branch off the code to get to the bottom of one issue and if solved we would merge it back into the 'mainline' codebase.
Yeah, it’s unclear whether PEQ and the Squeezelite client will be separate betas from the airplay casting beta, or whether the features will be added to one cumulative beta.

They did say on Saturday that the PEQ firmware would be released on Monday - but maybe these other bugs will delay it a few days.
Hi Team,

Our internal testing of the PEQ firmware has revealed some bugs when used with Chromecast audio. Our team is working diligently to fix these issues, and we are targeting a release date of this Friday (8/11). We apologize for the delay and appreciate your understanding. Thank you!

Hi Team,

Our internal testing of the PEQ firmware has revealed some bugs when used with Chromecast audio. Our team is working diligently to fix these issues, and we are targeting a release date of this Friday (8/11). We apologize for the delay and appreciate your understanding. Thank you!
As above, will the betas be released as separate versions, or cumulative e.g. the peq features will be added to the beta with Airplay casting, and finally the Squeezelite client?

As above, will the betas be released as separate versions, or cumulative e.g. the peq features will be added to the beta with Airplay casting, and finally the Squeezelite client?
Hi Brantome,

Initially, we will release separate Beta firmware versions for AirPlay Cast and PEQ. Our team is actively working to integrate these features in preparation for a public release. We will make this integrated version available to our Beta group first. Thank you!

Hi Brantome,

Initially, we will release separate Beta firmware versions for AirPlay Cast and PEQ. Our team is actively working to integrate these features in preparation for a public release. We will make this integrated version available to our Beta group first. Thank you!
Hope I asked for different streams then for my Pro and Pro Plus ;)

Hope I asked for different streams then for my Pro and Pro Plus ;)
Hi Brantome,

I understand that the current situation is not ideal, and I appreciate your patience. We're actively developing a new feature that will allow you to update different Beta versions directly from the App. Our goal is to have this functionality ready by September. I believe it will significantly enhance your ability to test various Betas. Thank you for your continued support!

PEQ was a deciding factor for me to order the WiiM Pro, just FYI how important this is to me and probably to others too. Fingers crossed you get it right.

Back