Beta Test: TIDAL Hi-Res (i.e. Max)

And for me all my prejudices against and aversion for Tidal are confirmed. It is simply a mess how they inform their clients. Cancelled the subscription an hour ago for the third and last time and will be happy with Qobuz 😉

Will I have to change any settings to use the Hi-Res (Max) support via TIDAL Connect?

At the risk of repeating myself yet again, the dates that WiiM offer are only just target dates; they’re not written in blood. Plus, it’s long been clear that they are rolled out over several days, if not longer, and also from recent firmware releases that they can take place over a weekend. The release will arrive, please be patient…

I don’t think it has been release yet otherwise someone will be saying something here.

Hi Smartplug,

We're rolling out a firmware update on October 27th to enable Hi-Res (Max) support via TIDAL Connect. Additionally, we'll extend this support to In-App TIDAL in early November. Stay tuned for these exciting updates!
Don’t you said that you rolling out a new firmware in October 27th? When we will get that? Thanks

Don’t you said that you rolling out a new firmware in October 27th? When we will get that? Thanks
As I said above, these dates are only target dates - for example, WiiM might have hit a bug during the beta testing stage that is taking longer to fix than anticipated. Please be patient - keeping asking when won't make it arrive any quicker...

Hi Smartplug,

We're rolling out a firmware update on October 27th to enable Hi-Res (Max) support via TIDAL Connect. Additionally, we'll extend this support to In-App TIDAL in early November. Stay tuned for these exciting updates!
Any information on this? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231031-110920_Original.jpeg
    Screenshot_20231031-110920_Original.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I have full decoder mqa on optical and coax but this new update mqa music that sets to decoder and renderer stuck on 16/44 but when sets to no mqa or renderer it get extend to 96khz. Is decoder and renderer not working? I tried multiple music prior to this update and it get extent to higher numbers.

Back