Improved Alarm Features

Exile72

The current built-in alarm on the Wiim Mini is very basic with almost no customization. It'd be quite helpful to add some customization options like an adjustable timing of fading in the audio since many people would be using the alarm to wake up to. In addition, if the pre-selected alarm channel can't be reached by the Wiim, it would also be great to have a fallback alarm sound so that the alarm still works. Perhaps even a small light indicating that an alarm is set on the Wiim Mini would also be helpful.

The current built-in alarm on the Wiim Mini is very basic with almost no customization. It'd be quite helpful to add some customization options like an adjustable timing of fading in the audio since many people would be using the alarm to wake up to. In addition, if the pre-selected alarm channel can't be reached by the Wiim, it would also be great to have a fallback alarm sound so that the alarm still works. Perhaps even a small light indicating that an alarm is set on the Wiim Mini would also be helpful.
Yes, agree. The alarm should works no matter what.
They had the opportunity to work on the alarms for their new Wiim light but they didn't really considered the alarma critical piece of the product even though is one the main feature / usercase.

It's unfortunate. The Squeezebox had a large variety of alarm customization options that really added to the quality of the product overall. I would hope that the Wiim would see that as a value-add proposition.

Lol the Squeezebox. I didnt hear about it for a long time.
Pretty messy how Logitech handle the thing, almost as messy as their Harmony stuff...
Other companies should study how bad Logitech manage to screw things up.

My main objection with Wiim light (and partially to how alarms are handle on the rest of Wiim hardware is that it shouldn't make things more complicate than a simple "alarm device" and it should ALWAYS work (assuming it is powered...)
For the Wiim mini / pro stuff a simple widget would gretly improve the experience.

The Squeezebox set the gold standard for streaming boxes. A fantastic company before Logitech took them over. I wish today's streaming companies would look to the Squeezebox as an example of how an affordable product can be implemented with a wide variety of features.

Hi Exile72,

Thank you for your great suggestions! In the next release, we'll support the 'Ascending Alarm' with adjustable fading duration and fallback alarm. Please stay tuned!

Thanks for pushing the Wiim forward. Appreciate the responsive feedback.

Back