Integrating Music Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, we'd like to see what music services you want integrated into our WiiM Home app.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two, please post which ones you'd like to see and please vote up the ones you want. We are curious about what our community wants, and we'll see what we can do!

--
2/13/24 - We closed this thread and want to move the conversation to this thread where there is a poll. https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/integrating-music-services-poll.2816/

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Last edited:
Hi, we'd like to see what music services you want integrated into our WiiM Home app.

Please note, we hear you on Apple Music and YouTube Music as those are two we would love to integrate, but aside from these two, please post which ones you'd like to see and please vote up the ones you want. We are curious about what our community wants, and we'll see what we can do!
Plex!

Why are we excluding YouTube Music and Apple Music from the list of requests? Are there technical limitations with those two that are not with the others?

Why are we excluding YouTube Music and Apple Music from the list of requests? Are there technical limitations with those two that are not with the others?
Probably yes in the availability of freely available APIs and compatible terms and conditions. And in the case of Apple, even those few companies like Sonos and Tesla that do have access to the API, playback is still only AAC.

WiiM are very aware of user needs and if there was a way, they’d’ve done them by now.

I'd like to propose again the addition of IBroadcast. This could provide a cloud based alternative for personal music libraries. There are both free and premium versions, and a public api is available.

Hello. Your product is pretty good. You have a lot buyers in Russia and we need built in our music services like as Yandex music, VK music and zvuk.com. It boost up strongly your sales in Russia. We are using it via Airplay but the built in app will be the best choice. Please, Yandex music.
In AppleTV i miss your app too.

Also I would like to purchase Wiim Amp but now there is noone in Amazon or AliExpress. And one more detail about the Amp. It looks like good but you use the old ESS chip. May be you can to invent a new one more advanced Amp, for example Wiim Amp Ultra with double ES9038Q2M or Wiim Amp Superior with double ES9039 in dual mono style amp with ICEPower 125asx2 or Infineon MA12070 or TI TPA3255. Something more advanced in this box and more expensvie a little bit.

Last edited:
For *nix users, Music Player Daemon (MPD) would be nice, especially if I could use curl to access the files. I try to avoid insecure and unsupported standards such as DLNA. Having the index stored in the device is probably a non-starter but MPD can be run as a satellite to a master database.

Edit: Volumio and Moode Audio are MPD servers with integrated web servers.

Last edited:
I don't know if the BBC Radio service is controlled by WiiM or the BBC. The list of available BBC local radio stations (UK) is incomplete and those there are spread over all three categories, see https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/stations.
I would like BBC Radio Surrey

I don't know if the BBC Radio service is controlled by WiiM or the BBC. The list of available BBC local radio stations (UK) is incomplete and those there are spread over all three categories, see https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/stations.
I would like BBC Radio Surrey
I don’t know where WiiM gets its selection from, but if you choose “Open Network Stream” on the WiiM Home app Browse screen, you can enter this URL to access BBC Radio Surrey

Thank you Brantome, I'm new to the WiiM so still learning what I can do with it. I'll try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back