My WiiM Amp tests

Regarding load dependence, is there an issue when impedance of the loudspeaker is 6 Ohms? The KEF LS50 Meta has a 6 Ohm impedance at higher frequencies.
One huge advantage this device has over say a Fosi Audio V3 as far as load dependence issues is the PEQ built in - effectively variation in higher frequencies can be fixed with a single filter.

I've finally finished my LPF, first results are promising in terms of reduced impact of HF switching signal and reduced noise level. Unfortunately distortion based measurements do not seem to improve.

I've finally finished my LPF, first results are promising in terms of reduced impact of HF switching signal and reduced noise level. Unfortunately distortion based measurements do not seem to improve.
there was no real reason for it to change the big problem observed on your device in imd or multitone at 5w...
but it had to be done...
;-)

your machine clearly has a problem....
"

A word about some concerns I have so far.
My unit is humming, buzzing, or hissing, no idea which word fits the best but the amp produces some noise from itself. It's more quiet with mediocre volume levels but gets louder for high power outputs. And unfortunately also when in idle. I can imagine it won't bother in daily use, but when it sits on the desk it's simply annoying. Fortunately I've been told that the noise is from the power transformer and it won't happen to production units."

Attachments

• Fosi Audio V3 stereo amplifier budget Multitone measurement.png
    Fosi Audio V3 stereo amplifier budget Multitone measurement.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
WiiM has confirmed they're using the TPA3255 chip. Amir has just measured a TPA3255 amp with post-filter feedback (PFFB), which takes this chip to another level, apparently, and helps with that load dependency of the FR. @WiiM Team, any chance of implementing the PFFB?

Does AVR on pure direct mode is nearly or no where near on stand alone preamp?

I don't know if it's just human nature but I see this in other arenas too - when a new product comes out, there are more comments about what it doesn't do or could have done better than there are comments complimenting it. Guess we're just an unhappy bunch at our core ;) 🤣
The good part is it keeps things moving.
The bad part is it keeps things getting more expensive.
The lunatic thing is that part two is ignored by one or another.

in principle if a small headphone module was developed it could be integrated into a streamer alone like a pro pro plus... without hp amplification, mini system etc...
... with a headphone section/socket

I don't know if it's just human nature but I see this in other arenas too - when a new product comes out, there are more comments about what it doesn't do or could have done better than there are comments complimenting it. Guess we're just an unhappy bunch at our core ;) 🤣
True sweet chick lol human has no satisfaction in life there will always be something that they always want or need. Even they give you 6 girlfriends you still not be happy 😆

Except that this (PFFB) is something TI published for the chip that WiiM is using. They could have implemented, but chose not to, for some reason. Perhaps it’s a couple of bucks more parts?

Given the excellent performance of WiiM’s streamers which has driven sales, you’d think they’d want the best performance from their Amp, as well.

Last edited:
Back