My WiiM Amp tests

Except that this (PFFB) is something TI published for the chip that WiiM is using. They could have implemented, but chose not to, for some reason. Perhaps it’s a couple of bucks more parts?

Given the excellent performance of WiiM’s streamers which has driven sales, you’d think they’d want the best performance from their Amp, as well.
Which bigger manufacturer has already implemented PFFB with the 3255?

If PFFB implementation proves to be a selling point, it will become standard in all future amps by Aiyima, Fosi etc. And WiiM.

Vs frequency or vs level? Stepped sine with one channel driven but second one captured?

No problem at all. I will make these additional measurements for stepped sine vs frequency to compare with the ones which I have already.

What exactly do you mean by that? Noise level on the speaker output when nothing is played?
I don't understand proper English. 😅

This is my TPA3255 amp and AVR spec sheet. I think it's noise when it's silent.

IMG_20231211_195419.jpg
IMG_20231211_195454.jpg

I don't understand proper English. 😅

This is my TPA3255 amp and AVR spec sheet. I think it's noise when it's silent.

View attachment 3963
View attachment 3964
It's around 125-135 uV unweighted in 10-22400 Hz span, when output is not muted - for example when digital input is active or very low level signal (aka "silence") is played. It's less for idle mode when HiFi/Ethernet input is use, but I do not remember the exact value.

It's around 125-135 uV unweighted in 10-22400 Hz span, when output is not muted - for example when digital input is active or very low level signal (aka "silence") is played. It's less for idle mode when HiFi/Ethernet input is use, but I do not remember the exact value.
Thank you! 😀😀😀

Regarding load dependence, is there an issue when impedance of the loudspeaker is 6 Ohms? The KEF LS50 Meta has a 6 Ohm impedance at higher frequencies.
I believe you are thinking "4 ohm droops, 8 ohm peaks, 6 ohm should therefore be pretty flat": yes, with a resistor. But speakers never have a flat impedance, and generally it rises at high frequencies, where the output impedance of this thing (per the graph in the 1st post) is rising. Which surprising myself makes me conclude...maybe it's not such an awful problem? Though if would be nice if they implemented the Post-Filter FeedBack.

We have to keep some perspective, this thing sells at $299 with all the streaming and connections like AirPlay and a subwoofer out (WITH highpass OMG alleluia!!!) and HDMI ARC and it's really small and the measurements are not SOTA but at least good I'd say and and and. :love: Heck, what else are you going to get at this price that's better?
- That's a serious question...even for somewhat more money IS there a better amp?* Even for more more money is there a better compact amp? (By compact I mean I dunno, half width half height, to mount on a wall hidden behind my TV?
Any reason I couldn't mount WiiM Amp on the wall, hidden behind my TV? Remote is RF or IR?

Currently out of stock, probably awaiting some hardware and software changes? This is reminding me of Apple and Tesla, the new method, get it out their to the eager Beta newbies then recalibrate and fix.

*maybe this, but not compact https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43866

Remote is RF or IR?

Bluetooth

Currently out of stock, probably awaiting some hardware and software changes? This is reminding me of Apple and Tesla, the new method, get it out their to the eager Beta newbies then recalibrate and fix.
Or less pessimistically or less cynically, they’re doing what many also do in having a limited first production run to gauge the market’s appetite for the device then ramp up subsequent productions runs to meet demand, almost mirroring what they did a year ago with the Pro?

Or maybe that's all, folks
Nah, ya gotta retest the fixed version! Meanwhile thanks SO SO SO much for actual MEASUREMENTS in a review. That is a godsend.
Mmmm would you hook this up to a high sensitiviy horn speaker? With speakers you have can you hear any hiss?

Latest FW promises fixes for clock drifting when toslink input is used. I didn't mention it but I've seen it reported by REW.

As I got yet another interface - UCX II, quick test to verify if something has changed in terms of sub out performance. No, no change

1703071092968.png

So if the subwoofer has LPF set to anything less than say 120hz would this be a problem in reality?
A signal sent to the SW from the Amp has quite high amount of harmonic distortions. Higher level harmonics can be filtered out by the LPF of SW, but usually at least 2nd one will remain

1703075157759.png

A signal sent to the SW from the Amp has quite high amount of harmonic distortions. Higher level harmonics can be filtered out by the LPF of SW, but usually at least 2nd one will remain

View attachment 4135

To confirm, if the sub set to 80hz that’s good, if it’s set to anything less than 75, there shouldn’t be an issue, is that right?

If so, what if you set the WiiM’s crossover to 75?

Back