Optical cables dont fit

jensende

Hi

I have now two Wiim Minis and they dont accept a bit more expensive oprical cables the simply just fall out and dont snap in to place.

I have now tried with three different ones:

Supra Zac
Chord C-lite optical
Atlas Element Optical

None of these snap in to place (the work with the rest of the equipment at home).

The supplied cable obibously works fine but I would like to have a better optical cable.

What do you guys use? suggest? Is there a high quality optical cable that fits ?

Regards
Jens

any update guys?

My supra Toslink cable does not fit; actually, unlike on my DAC, I cannot hear 'click' sound on the connection of Wiim Mini. I do not have any issue with the provided cable.

I am not sure whether the problem comes from the arc shape of Wiim Mini's chassis? Does any Pro user here have the same problem as ours?
Does not fit or does not click ? If it stays without clicking it is ok

Does not fit or does not click ? If it stays without clicking it is ok

The connector of the cable cannot catch the house of the receiver. So, it cannot stay in the house. No matter how many I have pushed the cable into the house, it leaves there (even if I push the all-seen part of the connecter into the house). Briefly it neither clicks nor stays there.

My wishes for excellent cable builds are very often reason for mockery. For me not only the ears but also hands and eyes are defining my equipment. So I understand all your questions! And hopefully you will get the information you are looking for. For me a hint is impossible because remaining old-school with 75 Ohm Coax for connections.
If the cable which comes together with the Mini works properly and fits stay with it and sure one day you get another option you like more.

If you have also tried to twist it left or right or slightly rotate it inside and still falls out then maybe you can try audioquest line . I have audioquest pearl and it stays but it does not click. The fit is not the tightest though …

Last edited:
Here is the answer. Immediately the gain increased which allowed me to lower the volume. Bass performance increased with bass drum being fuller and clearer. Bass guitar string carried more detail and the separation between the strings was clearer. An increase in clarity in the singers and articulation. Upper frequencies from symbols and snare drum was present. The ability to distinguish the sound of drum brush from the actual sound of the snare drum while playing. The thing that I always like to inform anyone is the Steinway, Yamaha, and Fozoli make some of the best pianos in the world. Even when accurately tuned will still produce a different sound.

I do love a bit of confirmation bias. :rolleyes:

I do love a bit of confirmation bias. :rolleyes:
Difficult! What you sure will get is some "audiophile lyric". Evidence is not wanted, because no one can really prove. Even not the OAs. But lines like "the bass guitar has more something" or my all time favorite "it was like a curtain went away" make people glad. Being part of the few which are really able to hear. Have fun with your gear and with the music, let the lyrics for the music or literature reviewers. Have fun with a well build cable, but there is surely not an "audiophile heaven" waiting for you. And to let you know my secret: I strongly believe it doesn't exist.
If the cable does not fit, mechanically or sonically, change it. There are companies producing so many they even sell it. 😉

The Qed reference quartz fits well for the Wiim Pro with great sound in my system, no problem at all up to 24/192. And not too expensive either :)

Well, that is right of course.. but when using a dac that is 15 times more without mention the rest the cable is cost-effective in my opinon :)

Does this problem exist on WIIM Pro?
I’ve never experienced this on any of my WiiM units but then again I used the supplied optical cable which is more than up to the job. I had to move the unit further from my amp, and replaced it with a £8.99 2m cable from Amazon which again does what it needs to.

Back