PEQ talk

for wiim team...
no news ?
time flies quickly...
;-)
is it so difficult to add bands to this peq? (see a choice of distribution of these in L or R? Besides, we never follow a simple balance function)
hardware dsp power problems have these been revealed?
roon's certification may be out of their control but this peq is an original function on such a small streamer...deserves to be extended... and it's in your hands..
(ps I still hope to one day have a little explanation on the resolution etc used by this peq for its calculations..)
;-)

Last edited:
for wiim team...
no news ?
time flies quickly...
;-)
is it so difficult to add bands to this peq? (see a choice of distribution of these in L or R? Besides, we never follow a simple balance function)
hardware dsp power problems have these been revealed?
roon's certification may be out of their control but this peq is an original function on such a small streamer...deserves to be extended... and it's in your hands..
(ps I still hope to one day have a little explanation on the resolution etc used by this peq for its calculations..)
;-)
Hey morillon maybe you should be their chief designer and provide the users features request. It’s easy to say than done. We all very demanding on a product that cost a peanut. How about you demand that to hi rose and naim and see what they tell you?

Hey morillon maybe you should be their chief designer and provide the users features request. It’s easy to say than done. We all very demanding on a product that cost a peanut. How about you demand that to hi rose and naim and see what they tell you?
Post in thread 'WiiM Ultra' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-ultra.1731/post-25840

is that what you didn't like?...
as a reminder, it was they who announced a limit on the number of 4 bands on mini but 10 on the pro... ( near one year)
the 4-band peq function has been there for a while...

but above all not being in my field a simple question to know the why of this 4 bands for the moment...and no more...? why?

ps
I don't ""ask"" anything...I just call back
I see so many discussions on the """"q2 2024"""" project ( color?? ;-) ) that I can't help but think of the current "topics" seeming a little skipped...

Last edited:
Does anyone here use PowerAmp Equilizer Pro app? Their PEQ settings at minimum is 10 bands(freq). Do we need that many for this device; i dont know. EQ is a nice feature/function but diddling with it all the time i think one loses their perspective with the music.

If I apply the following peq settings should I set the volume limiter to 81%? (reduce by 11.4db)

Essentially adding the absolute values of the highest gain and highest cut.

All are PK.

• Band 1: 86.4 Hz, -8.5 dB, Q = 6.4
  • Band 2: 190.5 Hz, -4.4 dB, Q = 4.9
  • Band 3: 862.4 Hz, -1.5 dB, Q = 3.1
  • Band 4: 2588 Hz, 2.9 dB, Q = 4.1

Last edited:
Download REW, apply your PEQ settings, read the required headroom, divide it by 0.6 and you will get the minimum required percentage value to use for the volume limiter.

And, if someone needs a proof of having the master volume attenuated by 0.6 dB for every single percent of the volume limiter:

1699521860845.png
1699521922506.png

I don't doubt the 0.6db increament. So REW takes only in consideration the max gain and disregards the cuts? The rule above does not apply?

In your case it would be equal to the max gain:

1699522562384.png

but look what happens when I change a freq of the third band:

1699522649481.png

Thanks for showing the difference! I have just downloaded REW and found it. For some reason it doesnt take the decimal in 862,41699523445634.png

Back