PEQ talk

Is it possible that this is not available for iPhone users?
Doesn’t matter if it’s set as fixed or not you can still adjust the max volume outputted from the menu below called Volume Limit. Fixed just disables the volume controls and app/hardware volume control from working.

1696232601984.jpeg

So, PEQ has finally come on mini...
The four band are just enough to compensate two holes in the very low range due to room node resonances, not fixable without unacceptable sub placement.
To be honest, a fifth band would make a more precise intervention but I don't think I'll go to pro for that...
The bass doesn't became boomy or louder, simply it's more complete in character. Switching back an forth, makes the comparison certain and instantaneous.
The improvement is subtle but very effective, making me convinced about to pursuit Dirac or YPAO correction system in the near future...
. Yester day finally i got to play with PEQ on my Pro and what your saying applied to the fullest. I have a nasty room node @ 38 hz and when i adjusted the PEQ to that frecuency by -2 db and setup the LS tap; low base rumble that i has was Gone.. I have a simple Kanto 8 sub and stats show it goes to 37hz. My jaw Dropped with the vast change it did (also my first time using a PEQ). Also did a reduction in ouput @ 250hz since my speakers (Triangle Borea 02 5inch midwoofer) comes from factory with a rise @250hz of almost 3.5 db, i assume that was done to give a more punchy base presentation from factory.I sincerly stayed two plus hours listening to tracks that i know accebtuate this node and it was clean fast and punchy base. For me its a game changer!

Questions:
Does the PEQ functionality apply to digital output as well as line-out?
Is it output selectable (PEQ on COAX but not Optical)
What's passed in a multi-room setup? Is that configurable/defeatable?
Are there any nuances between Pro and Pro Plus in regards to PEQ?

Sorry, new here and I've searched for an hour, I read the FAQ on PEQ but that's not spelled out.

Questions:
Does the PEQ functionality apply to digital output as well as line-out?
yes
Is it output selectable (PEQ on COAX but not Optical)
No
What's passed in a multi-room setup? Is that configurable/defeatable?
I’d expect that to be the EQ modified stream but I’m not 100% - one for WiiM to answer I’d say, so raise a ticket to them via the feedback section in the WiiM home app.

Are there any nuances between Pro and Pro Plus in regards to PEQ?

Not that I’m aware of.

Sorry, new here and I've searched for an hour, I read the FAQ on PEQ but that's not spelled out.
No problem, that’s what the forum is for…

yes

No

I’d expect that to be the EQ modified stream but I’m not 100% - one for WiiM to answer I’d say, so raise a ticket to them via the feedback section in the WiiM home app.

Not that I’m aware of.

No problem, that’s what the forum is for…
Excellent, thanks! For PEQ on Digital out that's a real feature, just ordered a Pro to experiment with. I'm moving off my Squeezebox's.

Wiim seems like they could be poised to be the next generation Squeezebox I've been dreaming about for 10 years. Build a model with Dirac Live and a nice programmable display (blue VU meters with song title an album cover anyone?) then take my money, I'll put one in every room.

#491547 Question on PEQ​

Excellent, thanks! For PEQ on Digital out that's a real feature, just ordered a Pro to experiment with. I'm moving off my Squeezebox's.

Wiim seems like they could be poised to be the next generation Squeezebox I've been dreaming about for 10 years. Build a model with Dirac Live and a nice programmable display (blue VU meters with song title an album cover anyone?) then take my money, I'll put one in every room.

#491547 Question on PEQ​

Hi, I’ve just grouped my Pro Plus with my Pro and Mini, and I only get the option to control EQ/PEQ on the main now playing screen - I can’t choose just one particular device and control its EQ individually so that would support my assertion that the same EQ’d stream is being sent to all

Hi, I’ve just grouped my Pro Plus with my Pro and Mini, and I only get the option to control EQ/PEQ on the main now playing screen - I can’t choose just one particular device and control its EQ individually so that would support my assertion that the same EQ’d stream is being sent to all
I opened a ticket. I know the feature is new so will be lots of discovery. I'd think they could make that defeat-able pretty easily.

I opened a ticket. I know the feature is new so will be lots of discovery. I'd think they could make that defeat-able pretty easily.
There are a lot of features and enhancements that might fall into the “pretty easily” implemented class, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll see them soon given the nature of software development ;)

Despite my test, it does beg the question if the EQ settings you set on each device prior to grouping are overridden or used when they’re being streamed to in a group. It’ll be interesting to get the word from the horse’s mouth…

There are a lot of features and enhancements that might fall into the “pretty easily” implemented class, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll see them soon given the nature of software development ;)

Despite my test, it does beg the question if the EQ settings you set on each device prior to grouping are overridden or used when they’re being streamed to in a group. It’ll be interesting to get the word from the horse’s mouth…
Yeah, I imagine they've got a super long list of feature requests. I'm happy to have found a company interested in developing this stuff. I love my Mac/iOS stuff but Apple Music lost its soul with every UI change. I was about to go down the Sonos route but I've got old amps/receivers/speakers sitting around, seems a waste.

It's probably been mentioned somewhere but i'll be damned if I can find it, but is the peq for both channels individually or just one joint peq??

Oh, and I forgot to ask is the peq applied if using the digital outputs and connected to a seperate dac? And is variable volume also applied to the digital output (if chosen in settings). Thanks again.

Short remark: Even a German analog forum what I name the most nerd-ish (beside a here by me not mentioned) with a lot of nitpickers among really experienced and best-equipped users is more facetious than this here. Most likely it is related to the average age. It is more easy to laugh about oneself if one is a bit older 😉 Sometimes I miss a portion humor, even bad one like mine 😇

Back