WiiM Amp Availability

Amazon in the US has been showing unavailable and unknown when back for a long time. On January 3 it changed, showing delivery January 14-17 and accepted my order. Order still active, not showing as shipped. Now the site is back to unavailable - unknown.

Amazon in the US has been showing unavailable and unknown when back for a long time. On January 3 it changed, showing delivery January 14-17 and accepted my order. Order still active, not showing as shipped. Now the site is back to unavailable - unknown.
Same for Amazon UK. Other resellers in the UK are giving estimates of mid- to late February shipping dates now. I'm just waiting for a silver unit to show up as being in stock somewhere and I'll jump on it. Not literally, obviously.

That's the way mine was when I ordered early December from Amazon US. It arrived on the scheduled date even though the Amazon page showed out of stock, etc. a couple of different times.
Today I see it shows available for order again with delivery in a couple of weeks.

I guess they're maybe struggling to meet demand - hopefully things will settle down soon as they did for the previous models which I recall suffered similar initial supply issues

The Wiim Amp became available on Amazon.ca on Jan 3, for (I think) the first time since its introduction. Two day shipping - mine is supposed to arrive today. As of this morning, still showing as "in stock" and 2 day shipping on Amazon.ca.

Availability in Europe is complicated, I've got message from lithuanian dealer that unit qty was low and they just sent for those who preordered. Got another message from latvian dealer, that whole Latvia got just 9 units, lucky me grabbed one instantly. So I believe small countries are getting just very small amounts like less than 10 I think. Amazon.de have probably a lot, because they always having as I have monitored for some time, just the price with shipping becomes not so nice, but still cheap comapring to other amps.

Anyone in Australia located one? Wondering how much they'll be here - they won't be 299 I know that much.... I'm just preparing myself for the price.

it's on sale for $499 in Australia
Where?
Not Amazon AU as far as i can tell.
And possibly therefore not "official" AU supply.

Edit: going to the 'Shop Wiim Home' site within Amazon AU, it shows as 'currently unavailable'.

most seem to say availability after Jan 15th but then preorders may eat up all the supply. I've contacted a couple to find out status.

Where?
Not Amazon AU as far as i can tell.
And possibly therefore not "official" AU supply.

Edit: going to the 'Shop Wiim Home' site within Amazon AU, it shows as 'currently unavailable'.
I doubt they'll have any on the Amazon store before the local distros have it. Pre-ordered mine for $499 at the start of December. Mid December I got a message saying the main distributor weren't expecting units until mid January. So we'll see if it comes this month or not.

The one I ordered from Amazon on January 3 is showing as shipped today.
Also ordered mine from Amazon (US) on the 3rd; order status says "Preparing for Shipment" and it's still estimated to arrive by the 19th, although it is only that, an estimate.

Edit: Order shipped on the 15th, still projected to arrive on the 19th

Last edited:
Yeah, seems they are expecting stock any day now.
I'll still wait for the official Amazon / Wiim page to have it ;)
An update, mine just shipped from a local AU dealer. So will be interesting to see how long it takes to show up on Amazon from here.

Back