WiiM Amp

We'll have to wait then. Not that I have a use case for another small class-d amp.

Can it drive low sensitivity bookshelf speakers?
There’s a lot of factor to consider such as how close you are in speaker, the size of your listening and how loud you listen. Try it out and if doesn’t meet your expectations there’s windows for return.

There’s a lot of factor to consider such as how close you are in speaker, the size of your listening and how loud you listen. Try it out and if doesn’t meet your expectations there’s windows for return.
86db 6 ohm nominal 4.8 minimum 25square meters or 270square feet area and listening distance 3.5-4 meters or 11-12 feet

86db 6 ohm nominal 4.8 minimum 25square meters or 270square feet area and listening distance 3.5-4 meters or 11-12 feet
I have Polk legend which is low sensitivity and power hungry 4 ohms. I used to drive them with AVR but dont sound good. I’m now feeding them with mono block rated 450 and now they sings to its full potential.

What do you drive them with now?

That room size / listening distance is roughly what I have; my speakers are 90-odd db sensitivity and the Hegel drives them (very) well.
I used to have the Marantz PM8005 driving them - nowhere near as good.
(Yes, my floorstanders vs your bookshelves, maybe not an ideal comparison, but...)

Somehow i just can't imagine the wiim amp doing justice to your speakers in that room / setup.
I guess you'll never know unless you try it, but @Smartplug didn't choose that name for nothing...

What do you drive them with now?

That room size / listening distance is roughly what I have; my speakers are 90-odd db sensitivity and the Hegel drives them (very) well.
I used to have the Marantz PM8005 driving them - nowhere near as good.
(Yes, my floorstanders vs your bookshelves, maybe not an ideal comparison, but...)

Somehow i just can't imagine the wiim amp doing justice to your speakers in that room / setup.
I guess you'll never know unless you try it, but @Smartplug didn't choose that name for nothing...
I am using roksan attessa 2x80w 8ohm and 2x130w 4 ohm. No problem here just curious!

My interest in wiim amp was its subwoofer out with bass management on a range of 30 200hz. This setup will allow only the Polk legend to produce mid and high which result in greater dynamics and lower distortion. I hope wiim has comprehensive low pass and high pass to complement this setup.

My interest in wiim amp was its subwoofer out with bass management on a range of 30 200hz. This setup will allow only the Polk legend to produce mid and high which result in greater dynamics and lower distortion. I hope wiim has comprehensive low pass and high pass to complement this setup.
By comprehensive do you mean the ability to change the rolloff curve? That would be a nice feature to have.

Hi Wiimer, Team

I wanted to share a fantastic feature of our latest audio system: Individualized EQ Settings for Each Input! This means you can now tailor the sound quality specifically for each of your devices. Imagine having a unique EQ setting for your TV, creating an immersive movie-watching experience. Then, switch to your turntable, with an EQ finely tuned for vinyl's warm, nostalgic tones. And for your digital music library? Set an EQ that brings out the best in your favorite tracks.

We've also integrated a high-pass filter for the main speakers, activated when you use a subwoofer. This feature ensures that your main speakers focus on delivering crisp mid and high frequencies, while the subwoofer handles the deep bass. The result? A cleaner, more dynamic sound across the entire audio spectrum.

Thank you!
I would like to clarify if it’s just high pass or low pass or both? The mini dsp I used to have has comprehensive both low and high pass plus curve in resulting seamless integration on the sub.

it's really interesting on these sub settings to have the choice of types of slopes at the cuts (at least the main ones...), not only a "frequency"

Last edited:
I wouldn't be expecting any High End magic from a $300 streaming amp. Best results will be had with a sub in the mix to assist in low end dynamics. Probably best paired with more sensitive stand mounts that do not have exagerated bass extension to keep the mids clean. That will also make it easier to dial in the sub.

I can't see any reason why there couldn't be a choice of slopes, although I doubt it's a feature many people really need.

I wouldn't be expecting any High End magic from a $300 streaming amp. Best results will be had with a sub in the mix to assist in low end dynamics. Probably best paired with more sensitive stand mounts that do not have exagerated bass extension to keep the mids clean. That will also make it easier to dial in the sub.
My speakers have exceptional sound and the response in the bass is totally affected by a placement I cannot currently change .

Back