WiiM Amp

And if one of the mainstream well regarded manufactures is known for reasonable priced no-nonsense products it is NAD.
You and I have different definition of "reasonable priced" I guess :)

To me, Wiim products are reasonably priced :)
How many NAD components have you owned from the 80s till today?

Just one, M10 V2.. love everything about it, but lots of bugs.

In this price range my idea was more a 316bee...
But of course it has no digital ins. My suggestion for people with a quite small budget will be such an analog amp (the internal power supply earns this name), a Cambridge DAC and the WiiM. Maybe the WiiM Pro Plus without the external DAC.
The M10 was never in my hands, but I didn't read about bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh gosh... my M10 has so many random shutdowns and reboots that I lost count. And Roon losing its connectivity, plus the recent firmware fiasco, and BlueOS support promising updates something but never delivers, BluOS 4 is vaporware, Dirac Live Bass Control is vaporware despite promises 3 years ago.

The NAD experience is a total and complete opposite of Wiim's transparency, actively responding to customers and rapidly making improvements, which is a type of company that I will not hesitate buying products from.

In this price range my idea was more a 316bee...
But of course it has no digital ins. My suggestion for people with a quite small budget will be such an analog amp (the internal power supply earns this name), a Cambridge DAC and the WiiM. Maybe the WiiM Pro Plus without the external DAC.
I think the point is that it is a one box (plus speakers) minimalist offering. It will appeal to a lot of people because of this.

Most of us have probably got stacks of HiFi gear with components that do this, that or the other but how many of us also have ladies in our life who consider the stack and wiring behind to be a mess.

oh gosh... my M10 has so many random shutdowns and reboots that I lost count. And Roon losing its connectivity, plus the recent firmware fiasco, and BlueOS support promising updates something but never delivers, BluOS 4 is vaporware, Dirac Live Bass Control is vaporware despite promises 3 years ago.

The NAD experience is a total and complete opposite of Wiim's transparency, actively responding to customers and rapidly making improvements, which is a type of company that I will not hesitate buying products from.
Here have been NAD components for decades without the slightest problem. The original 3020 runs still with a staff member. So I can not agree.
All my stuff is bought from dealers I have relationships for years, so never service was a problem. Once a speaker socket was broken. But I fear long relations to a dealer are old fashioned. Amazon is the way..
But, as I mentioned, all this digital things are not relevant for me. Might be a difference.
Everything you wrote about Bluesound is true. For Roon I am a fangrandpa. In our living room the streaming source is an Atom Uniti 2, because my wife loves it together with Roon. In my music cave the WiiM Pro without plus has already replaced the Node. The WiiM feeds either the Cambridge M200 or the internal option of my integrated. And of course Roon is also the software here. And...I love heavy and big components 😉

But, as I mentioned, all this digital things are not relevant for me. Might be a difference.
I think essentially we are on the same page. No doubt NAD makes solid hardware. It's all their digital software implementation/integration stuff that has gone sideways in recent years, as evident by my M10 V2 with full touch interface, digital ports etc.

Maybe the idea of using an external device made by Wiim to take care of the digital streaming/transport portion is a better way forward than relying on a traditional hardware company like NAD to deliver sophisticated streaming integrations.

If it's designed with TV in mind (HDMI ARC), I think IR remote might make sense for this device.

A mundane question, what is the depth as my String shelves are 30cm?

Unlikely, if it includes a decent amp and psu. A depth of 260mm at most would be ideal for me.
Fair point. I saved the image on my iPad screen and the hdmi slot measured 7mm wide, so the image is probably half size which would make the unit about 200mm square and I guess 80mm high.

Fair point. I saved the image on my iPad screen and the hdmi slot measured 7mm wide, so the image is probably half size which would make the unit about 200mm square and I guess 80mm high.
Hi Brantome, team

The dimensions of the WiiM AMP are 190mm x 190mm x 64mm. With these measurements, you can conveniently fit four units into a single 3U Rack if you wish to mount them in a rack configuration.

Looking good.
What would be your guesses regarding how many watt/channels for the amplifier?

Wow.

So, to sum up, it's an all-in-one, building on the Pro Plus with "one of the industry's top amplifier chips" (TPA3255? MA12070?).

It looks gorgeous- a bit bigger than the Pro (similar footprint to a Mac Mini but taller- half way to the height of a Mac Studio).

It should cost no more than €450. But could cost less..

I wished for this when I first started looking into Wiim.

If this meets expectations, I suspect it could be huge.

Back