Wiim mini goes red after a few hours without use

IamDavidWilson

I have to restart my mini almost daily because the light goes red and it no longer comes up as a device in the app or Spotify, Amazon music etc.

It's like it's going into standby but cannot be woken. Any ideas?

I raised a ticket through the wiim app but got no response.

Potentially a faulty unit?

Thanks, David

Had this problem even after several tickets and updates. I would have to constantly reboot the wiim everything I used it. Found giving the wiim a static ip address on my network solved the issue. The wiim is good at alot of things but DHCP isn't one of them. Every router is different if you google your routers model number and static ip you will find instructions.

That's great to know, I wonder if that is the same with the Chromecast the wiim replaced which had the same issue (different routers, same issue). Will try this tomorrow, thank you

I have to restart my mini almost daily because the light goes red and it no longer comes up as a device in the app or Spotify, Amazon music etc.

It's like it's going into standby but cannot be woken. Any ideas?

I raised a ticket through the wiim app but got no response.

Potentially a faulty unit?

Thanks, David
Hi David, do you still have your submitted ticket number or send us another feedback over the app.? I promise that we'll look at your ticket and try to fix it ASAP. Thank you!

Hey thanks, it's #3627. I tried the static IP suggestion below but no luck.
Thanks David for your ticket number. Our engineers are looking at this and help resolve it quickly. If there is new update, you can find it in your WiiM Home App and your email in the ticket. Please stay tuned!

Back