WiiM Pro is now Roon Ready

RoPieee is running Roon bridge. Roon bridge is not the same as Roon Ready.
It's not the same, but functionally, to what percentage of Roon subscribers do you reckon would that make a significant difference?

It's not the same, but functionally, to what percentage of Roon subscribers do you reckon would that make a significant difference?
Doesn't matter. The question was specifically about RR (Roon Ready) devices not Roon bridge devices. Besides that, RR ensures proper volume control and has exclusive features like standby.

I can't wait for this. It's the reason I bought my WiiM Pro a few months ago. I added my MAC address to the whitelist but never received it. Fingers crossed it comes soon!
Been a lifetime ROON subscriber since inception. Have 2 WiiM Pro’s, neither updated firmware on 6/30 or today. Last firmware update: 20230615; v. 4.8.520133. :rebooted both, nothing, unplugged nothing. Hawaii is not “Outer Mongolia”, if Germany got it why not mine?

Been a lifetime ROON subscriber since inception. Have 2 WiiM Pro’s, neither updated firmware on 6/30 or today. Last firmware update: 20230615; v. 4.8.520133. :rebooted both, nothing, unplugged nothing. Hawaii is not “Outer Mongolia”, if Germany got it why not mine?
It is still in beta so not included in the regular update scheme, ow thet Announced this yesterday:
We released the official firmware update today with Roon Ready and it will be rolled out in batches through the weekend. Those who were whitelisted with Roon Ready, will also get the latest official update. Hope you enjoy it!
So I guess our batches have not rolled yet

Last edited:
Same here, 1 of 3 have received the beta only and I'm in the southern US, hopefully in the next few days my other 2 will receive the update. I did try and force the update by switching networks and factory resetting (attempted to download new firmware but eventually times-out) w/ out success, just have to be patient and wait...

Last edited:
Same here, 1 of 3 have received the beta only and I'm in the southern US, hopefully in the next few days my other 2 will receive the update. I did try and force the update by switching networks and factory resetting (attempted to download new firmware but eventually times-out) w/ out success, just have to be patient and wait...
Wiim should put in LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS that Roon Ready 6/30 might only be Beta vetsion. I did not “fill out form” for Beta simply because 6/30 ROON READY! For $150 you can’t expect perfection. Will wait (big sigh)

As mentioned earlier, the rollout is over the weekend and WiiM always take a few days to cover their entire estate. Given the devices’ popularity, there must be quite a lot of batches of updates. In the grand scheme of things, a delay of a few days is nothing.

As mentioned earlier, the rollout is over the weekend and WiiM always take a few days to cover their entire estate. Given the devices’ popularity, there must be quite a lot of batches of updates. In the grand scheme of things, a delay of a few days is nothing.
coming through in US LA. Just got all four of mine bumped.

It is 22:50 PM here in Columbus, Ohio and I just finished the installation and update of Wiim Pro. Below are my Roon Audio Settings and as you can see I have my DAC connected to the Wiim Pro as. Roon Ready device.

1688266334952.png

The post from one member that my Nucleus+ is basically not more than a Rasperry Pi mattered me more than I thought it would.
Watching a couple of videos and the descriptions from Roon I have ordered an Intel NUC 11 with 8GB RAM and a small SSD which was less than 300 €. Will be the first contact with such things since a good while. It reads and looks quite simple to install the Roon Rock software. I will let you know about my experiences. If you want it or not 😉
Quoting my own post, but may be someone is interested. I will do following this guy, he seems to be more or less on my knowledge level 😉

Hello all … new to forum and WiiM ownership. Got the new firmware and was excited to run Roon, but when I start it up within WiiM (on an iPad), it shows searching for Roon core. Am I missing some additional hardware?

Thanks

Hello all … new to forum and WiiM ownership. Got the new firmware and was excited to run Roon, but when I start it up within WiiM (on an iPad), it shows searching for Roon core. Am I missing some additional hardware?

Thanks
Where is your Roon core running?

Reactions: RKM

Thanks
Me too, but I don’t have Roon, do you? The firmware update makes the Wiim Pro usable by Roon as an endpoint I.e. something to play music on from Roon. If you don’t have Roon, the firmware doesn’t enable it, you need to licence Roon separately and set up a Roon core which is the brains/server that runs Roon and indexes your music and services.

Reactions: RKM
Where is your Roon core running?
This is what I think I am missing. What is a Roon core? I have the WiiM connected to Ethernet as source, then to an external DAC, then to preamp. I assumed I had all the HW needed to run Roon. I guess not?

Me too, but I don’t have Roon, do you? The firmware update makes the Wiim Pro usable by Roon as an endpoint I.e. something to play music on from Roon. If you don’t have Roon, the firmware doesn’t enable it, you need to licence Roon separately and set up a Roon core which is the brains/server that runs Roon and indexes your music and services.
I subscribed to Roon thinking that was all I needed. But I guess I am missing some additional HW

Thanks
I also can’t find the Roon core, I launch the Roon Ready application on iPhone

Thanks
I also can’t find the Roon core, I launch the RoReady application on iPhone

The Roon Core is the heart of the whole thing, the software that makes it run.
You have to install it on a pc, a mac or a dedicated standalone item, such as an Intel NUC, a Nucleus and so on.
The machine where the core is must run all time when you want to use Roon.
Once that is installed you can use the iOS or Android apps to remote access.

Back