WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
Exactly, they can't please everyone. I see their conundrum. They can try to design for the home theater and Sonos type croud or the audiophile crowd. I think it was quite an accomplishment to get the audiophile crowd interested in the fist place.
Yes, and they will loose the audiophile crowd it they try to be a one box solution.

Could we just have a Pro with USB, coax and optical out, BT LDAC, RCA in, 12v trigger, upgraded chassis and components.
NO dac
No phono stage
No xkr
No sub out
No display
No volume control
No EQ
No hdmi
No 12s
So I don't have to pay for all that unnecessary stuff that my dac/preamp or Intergrated Amp dose.
Does. Not dose 👍

It may be a stupid question.

Does subwoofer delay really exist? I've never heard that delay. Some say that the cause of SW delay is standing waves. If there is a delay in the SW due to standing waves, can it be corrected with the WiiM's adjustment function? 🤔

Hi Steve, Team

Here are the upgraded features of the WiiM Ultra.

- USB out
- USB media server
- Sub out
- HDMI ARC
- Wi-Fi 6/BT LE audio
- A display
- Integrated power supply
- Phono input
Still hoping for DSD 5.1/Dolby Surround/Dolby Atmos support. (TIDAL/ROON)

It may be a stupid question.

Does subwoofer delay really exist? I've never heard that delay. Some say that the cause of SW delay is standing waves. If there is a delay in the SW due to standing waves, can it be corrected with the WiiM's adjustment function? 🤔

I think it may be more a case of the combination of two other factors - the eventual output to mains and sub going through two different DACs.

I think it may be more a case of the combination of two other factors - the eventual output to mains and sub going through two different DACs.
Does this mean that there will be a delay only when using the WiiM ultra's digital output?
I'm a bit confused.

Thank you.

Does this mean that there will be a delay only when using the WiiM ultra's digital output?
I'm a bit confused.

Thank you.

There may be no delay at all.

Both outputs come from the digital domain originally, so both have to go through a DAC, whether it’s the WiiM’s own or an off board one.

Personally, I doubt there’ll be an issue, but technically it’s not impossible.

There may be no delay at all.

Both outputs come from the digital domain originally, so both have to go through a DAC, whether it’s the WiiM’s own or an off board one.

Personally, I doubt there’ll be an issue, but technically it’s not impossible.
I understood.
As a matter of fact, I think it's rare to see latency from going through different DACs. However, I do know that there will be a delay when going through the DSP of the AVR.
(I'm not saying that we don't need the ability to fix delays. 😊)

Thank you.

That the Ultra will include room correction eq that can bypass the internal DAC makes this a must try device for me. Easy decision.

Hi Steve, Team

Here are the upgraded features of the WiiM Ultra.

- USB out
- USB media server
- Sub out
- HDMI ARC
- Wi-Fi 6/BT LE audio
- A display
- Integrated power supply
- Phono input
Good morning,
An important question: have you implemented fast forward in a file currently playing with Audirvana or the only possibilities are play, pause, return to the beginning of the track, go to the next track?

And happy New Year

Wiim Ultra is preamp/streamer with legacy and usb connections. My question regarding the volume control if it’s just straight digital where loosing resolution as level go down. It would be good idea if it’s digitally control analog volume.

Wiim Ultra is preamp/streamer with legacy and usb connections. My question regarding the volume control if it’s just straight digital where loosing resolution as level go down. It would be good idea if it’s digitally control analog volume.
IMO, the only way to do that right is with relays. And doesn't seem like that's going be in the Ultra. And If they did, everyone would be asking for both fixed and variable outputs. You may have to add your own external box if you want an analog volume control.

Back