WiiM Ultra

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited:
Looks like the ultra is limited to 320kbps
:devilish:

Edit: ok, let me elaborate.
Why release a sneak peek of a product called Ultra and then mock up a screen image that's almost certainly not real?
Amazon music at 320kbps? And why show 320kbps 16/44.1? Hardly Ultra. Even Spotify manages that.
It's also unclear whether the back picture is real or another mockup, like we had with the amp.

Still, it does look quite stylish.

Edit 2:
And there go my chances of being offered an Ultra to test...

Last edited:
I’m sure many of you are aware that no company will release a product that has everything imaginable in just one device otherwise it’s an end game. It will be a subsequent upgrade from one to other with additional feature. That’s how you get multiple product in many years to come and to keep things exciting.

Thats also how you can set aggressive price targets and actually hit them as a manufacturer. Feature creep inevitably means a higher price, so if you plan to stick to the target then the features have to be locked/frozen at some point fairly early in the design process.

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

View attachment 6602
View attachment 6604
Hi, Team.
It's nice to see the new product again.
Cheers! 🤗

They're really improving on their design with every product.
The front screen, and illuminated dial looks even better than the amp, especially the wrap around black.
Looks more premium.
The layout and amount of connections also seems to beat the competition.

If only they had a pure power amp to go along with it.
Using the ultra as a pre-amp.
That would make for a perfect "budget" system. Easily beating out the competitors in functionality.

As I mentioned, it should be USB audio out too - WiiM have also said “USB audio Out is one of the main things for our audience”, so I’m taking that as digital output to a DAC will be a feature.
Hi Team,

The USB port on this device supports dual functionality: it can be used for USB storage as an input or as a USB audio output. For simultaneous use of both functions, you can connect a USB hub.

Looks like the ultra is limited to 320kbps
:devilish:

Edit: ok, let me elaborate.
Why release a sneak peek of a product called Ultra and then mock up a screen image that's almost certainly not real?
Amazon music at 320kbps? And why show 320kbps 16/44.1? Hardly Ultra. Even Spotify manages that.
It's also unclear whether the back picture is real or another mockup, like we had with the amp.

Still, it does look quite stylish.

Edit 2:
And there go my chances of being offered an Ultra to test...
Hi Mr Ee,

Thanks for your feedback. We will soon provide additional lifestyle images of the WiiM Ultra along with the product photographs. Please stay tuned!

Hi Team,

The USB port on this device supports dual functionality: it can be used for USB storage as an input or as a USB audio output. For simultaneous use of both functions, you can connect a USB hub.
The usb on wiim amp, can it also be dual functionality via firmware update? If so, when can we expect its release?

Hi Team,

In stating that here, I was repeating what had already been mentioned prior. Peace out to this forum.

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

View attachment 6602
View attachment 6604

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.
Really looking forward to the release of this and love the look!

Can it mix inputs?

In other words, can it stream music and mix the email client "ding" from the computer over the stream?

If it can't, you should make it do that.

Hi Mr Ee,

Thanks for your feedback. We will soon provide additional lifestyle images of the WiiM Ultra along with the product photographs. Please stay tuned!
No worries. I hope the Devil face conveyed my mischevious intent!
But the 2nd part was intended sincerely - whomever approved the release of those pictures needs to pay attention to the details.
Given the product's name and the reputation you seem to be building I'm sure you, quite rightly, want to market this as an audiophile device.
And although I personally think that CD quality is more than enough at the point of consumption, pictures showing 320kbps just won't cut it out there in the audiophile borderlands!

(And to everyone else, yes, I know 320kbps is not CD quality, even if it comes "packaged" in 16/44.1)

Can it mix inputs?

In other words, can it stream music and mix the email client "ding" from the computer over the stream?

If it can't, you should make it do that.
If I've understood your question correctly, what you're talking about depends on the computer and the apps you use rather than the WiiM device.

Gentlemen! Do you think this product will be presented on Aliexpress? For us, in Russia, this is the only trading platform where you can buy it!

Back